Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 61

Postby Master Higgins » Jun 11th, 2012 @ 9:48pm

--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Re: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 61

Postby Roadie Brock » Jun 11th, 2012 @ 11:12pm

Master Higgins wrote:This week, we discuss 30 Years of Dig-Dug art books. And some comic stuff.

To clarify "we" do not discuss 30 years of Dig-Dug art books. Higgins would love to discuss this till the cows come home. I even think he would go over our data limit just to do it.
"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

http://www.conspiratorbrock.com/
Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby comicsanddakine » Jun 11th, 2012 @ 11:53pm

Oh this is so awesome!!! http://www.farmersonly.com/
comicsanddakine

Postby LiQuid » Jun 12th, 2012 @ 7:54am

Higgins if you're wondering why it has been quiet in the comic forum it is because I haven't been to the comic shop in like two full months and I'm pretty much the only person here that instigates comic discussion now that Jinpei left.

Gotta say, dropping comics cold turkey has been liberating. I've been meaning to go pick up whatever issues I missed of a couple of my favs like Aman/Swampy and Saga and shit, but haven't had the time or inclination yet.
LiQuid

Postby the1captain » Jun 12th, 2012 @ 1:03pm

I was surprised this week there was no mention of Before Watchmen: Minutemen #1 that came out this week. Was this on purpose or just ran out of time?
the1captain

Postby Insanityinchaos » Jun 12th, 2012 @ 1:11pm

Will talk about that and AVX next week.
Insanityinchaos

Postby SerpentineZERO » Jun 12th, 2012 @ 1:22pm

The new Avengers game looks pretty meh. It looks sorta like the DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi games.
SerpentineZERO

Postby Roadie Brock » Jun 12th, 2012 @ 11:10pm

comicsanddakine wrote:Oh this is so awesome!!! http://www.farmersonly.com/

Farmer's Daughters beware of Omar!

Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby kenzo » Jun 13th, 2012 @ 5:32pm

LiQuid wrote:Higgins if you're wondering why it has been quiet in the comic forum it is because I haven't been to the comic shop in like two full months and I'm pretty much the only person here that instigates comic discussion now that Jinpei left.
It also doesn't help when guys inclined to chat on the comics-forum like me, kevinep3, and CrossXHunter all talk about white-comics on the mumble server and get our comic-talk out of our systems that way.
kenzo

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » Jun 14th, 2012 @ 12:18am

"Here's $12 of Japanese comic books. (*fart noise*)"
"I never understand people who like Star Wars but don't even like Star Trek or people who like Star Wars but don't like Star Trek."
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby dakazu » Jun 14th, 2012 @ 3:06am

kenzo wrote:
LiQuid wrote:Higgins if you're wondering why it has been quiet in the comic forum it is because I haven't been to the comic shop in like two full months and I'm pretty much the only person here that instigates comic discussion now that Jinpei left.
It also doesn't help when guys inclined to chat on the comics-forum like me, kevinep3, and CrossXHunter all talk about white-comics on the mumble server and get our comic-talk out of our systems that way.

The mumble server is KING!(also thanks for reading my question)
dakazu

Postby kenzo » Jun 14th, 2012 @ 11:01am

Stream-of-conscious comments:

The gay GL talk - this is why comic book nerds are so expulsive. Who cares if A GL or The GL is gay - normal people talking about comics for once, guys! Don't nitpick the situation in a stupid Simpsons-Comic-Book-Guy manner. "You guys just don't get it, don't even bother" - they don't bother, that's why comics don't sell for crap anymore.

When I read Mr. Freeze, I hear The Governator in my head.

TNG/Dr. Who - it's out!?!? GIMMIE

DS9 & Star Wars - nononono. Nobody wants to read about Federation ships mowing down/slaughtering stupid Star Wars ships, and then have to endure the ensuing nerd-rage-debacle. DS9 could literally be paired with anything. You could have the Defiant enter the Wormhole expecting to pop out in the Gamma Quadrant, and then instead end up somewhere else (rather than all the proposals on the podcast of having other shit come *through* the wormhole to DS9). It would be pretty interesting to have the Defiant pop out of the Wormhole, and then immediately crash into the Watchtower. Imagine Worf being carted off to Arkham Asylum because he attacks some people and local law enforcement thinks he's just a crazy meta-human or burn-victim who thinks he's an alien. Voyager could also crossover with just about anything as well - you could just have a typical Voyager plot where everyone is hangin' out in the holodeck re-enacting some DC or whatever comic, and then the holodeck breaks.
kenzo

Postby bitblockader » Jun 15th, 2012 @ 3:24pm

Just wanted to say the the last couple of episodes were great. Everyone contributed to the conversation. This podcast also avoids that weird situation on other podcasts where the hosts don't really even know each other, and they come off like a bunch of stiffs. This show is the opposite, and I like how Higgins kind of let the podcast grow organically - it comes off completely authentic. I think you guys do best when you just talk about stuff you're interested in, and not just doing a rundown of current events. Omar's inspired me to finally try reading one of my backlog items in Japanese. Also, that Dig-Dug shit was hilarious.
bitblockader

Postby Roadie Brock » Jun 15th, 2012 @ 5:28pm

bitblockader wrote:Just wanted to say the the last couple of episodes were great. Everyone contributed to the conversation. This podcast also avoids that weird situation on other podcasts where the hosts don't really even know each other, and they come off like a bunch of stiffs. This show is the opposite, and I like how Higgins kind of let the podcast grow organically - it comes off completely authentic. I think you guys do best when you just talk about stuff you're interested in, and not just doing a rundown of current events. Omar's inspired me to finally try reading one of my backlog items in Japanese. Also, that Dig-Dug shit was hilarious.

Thanks. :)

Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby kenzo » Jun 15th, 2012 @ 7:59pm

Yeah, the CC is basically my favorite amateur podcast. Sorry, Geekbox.
kenzo

Postby DukeTogo » Jun 17th, 2012 @ 4:58pm

Love that Brock continuously rips on Marvel's paper stock. I'm actually kind of excited for the rumored line-wide switch to the same paper stock as the $2.99 books. While the covers are indeed much flmisier, the interior pages feel a bit more substantial than other books.

Keep the awesome shows coming, y'all!
DukeTogo

Postby Roadie Brock » Jun 19th, 2012 @ 1:00am

DukeTogo wrote:Love that Brock continuously rips on Marvel's paper stock. I'm actually kind of excited for the rumored line-wide switch to the same paper stock as the $2.99 books. While the covers are indeed much flmisier, the interior pages feel a bit more substantial than other books.

Keep the awesome shows coming, y'all!

If you ever need toilet paper you know where to find some! :P

Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby Fade2Black » Jun 19th, 2012 @ 2:01pm

Roadie Brock wrote:
Master Higgins wrote:This week, we discuss 30 Years of Dig-Dug art books. And some comic stuff.

To clarify "we" do not discuss 30 years of Dig-Dug art books. Higgins would love to discuss this till the cows come home. I even think he would go over our data limit just to do it.

Fade2Black

Postby Nisha123 » Oct 22nd, 2018 @ 4:25am

office.com/setup
Setup office 365 package with us. We are the team of technical professionals and give the best technical help to our clients even after the installation process.
Nisha123

Postby Nisha123 » Oct 22nd, 2018 @ 4:26am

office.com/setup
Download office setup 365 with the best tech help team and make your computer working with office package.
Nisha123

Postby Nisha123 » Oct 22nd, 2018 @ 4:26am

norton.com/setup
Antivirus is the need of computers that makes them virus free and we are going to give you full support to get the best antivirus installed in your computers and laptops. Download norton antivirus package with us
Nisha123

Postby Nisha123 » Oct 22nd, 2018 @ 4:27am

office.com/setup
are you interested in using office 365 products here we are providing full support to make your computer working with office. you dont need to work on anything as we will help you to setup your office product.
Nisha123

Postby Nisha123 » Oct 22nd, 2018 @ 4:28am

office.com/myaccount
office it the package of office tools to make your working smooth and effective.Get it downloaded in your computer with the fast help.
Nisha123

office.com/setup
Download office tools without putting any efforts. We are ready to give you complete help till the completion of the installation process.
Nisha123

office.com/myaccount
Step by step instructions to install office 365 in your computer. For any help, Call us and we are here to help you.
Nisha123

www.webroot.com/safe

Postby Nisha123 » Oct 23rd, 2018 @ 1:26am

Get instant help for downloading webroot antivirus to protect your device appoint www.webroot.com/safe where you can find all your problems solved.
Nisha123

www.webroot.com/safe

Postby Nisha123 » Oct 23rd, 2018 @ 1:26am

Webroot is very well known for its immense security from the spyware, viruses. In order to protect your system from the spyware or any other viruses,visit: www.webroot.com/safe
Nisha123

www.webroot.com/safe

Postby Nisha123 » Oct 23rd, 2018 @ 1:27am

Activate Your Webroot Com Safe on your laptop, PC, Smartphone etc & secure your devices. Let's Get Started with Webroot Safe at www.webroot.com/safe
Nisha123

office.com/setup

Postby Nisha123 » Oct 23rd, 2018 @ 1:28am

office.com/setup is very easy to install, download and redeem. Use of it is also simple and the user can learn the use of it easily. Online Support&help option is also available in all application which provides an instant guideline.
Nisha123

office.com/setup

Postby Nisha123 » Oct 23rd, 2018 @ 1:28am

Visit :office.com/setup to activate ofice setup on your device. And get the best help related to your issues.
Nisha123

Next
Forum Statistics