Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

The Geekbox: Episode 177

Postby Rydog » Jul 18th, 2012 @ 12:49am

Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 177

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » Jul 18th, 2012 @ 3:28am

I agree with Adam that a Zatanna movie would be very hot.

Also Ben Kingsley is half-Indian and his birth name is Krishna Pandit Bhanji. However, like Omar Sharif, I think he's ethnically ambiguous enough and a good enough actor to play any race. Which is probably why he keeps appearing in terrible movies like The Love Guru and Prince of Persia.
"I never understand people who like Star Wars but don't even like Star Trek or people who like Star Wars but don't like Star Trek."
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby Brad Grenz » Jul 18th, 2012 @ 5:22am

I was so excited when Netflix announced it was adding all of Wonder Years to Instant Streaming, but I was so disgusted by the terrible version of the opening song they used to replace the Joe Cocker version that I haven't been able to stomach watching more than the first episode. The rest of the music is all intact, as aired. The only thing they changed was the opening music. But that Joe Cocker cover of the Beatles' original is so fucking iconic that its replacement seems criminal.
Brad Grenz

Postby seamus2389 » Jul 18th, 2012 @ 10:39am

I remember really liking the Young Adventures of Indiana Jones when I was a kid but suspect it doesn't stand the test of time.
seamus2389

Postby FlyingWaffle » Jul 18th, 2012 @ 11:39am

I was looking up some info about Young Indiana Jones and found out the belgian actor who was playing his sidekick committed suicide in 2000, sad...
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=15110
FlyingWaffle

Postby wondercoolguy » Jul 18th, 2012 @ 12:49pm

Do the ppl who do the podcast read the forums ... probably not.....

I believe I'm gonna start posting a time stamp of every time some one is eating in the mic. How hard is not to stuff your face for a freaking hour? I'm not even half way through 177 and there is seven instances of some one eating or digging in a bag to eat. I like this podcast but seriously NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
Android > Iphone
wondercoolguy

Postby GiantAsianMan » Jul 18th, 2012 @ 1:06pm

wondercoolguy wrote:Do the ppl who do the podcast read the forums ... probably not.....

Yes, they do.

I believe I'm gonna start posting a time stamp of every time some one is eating in the mic. How hard is not to stuff your face for a freaking hour? I'm not even half way through 177 and there is seven instances of some one eating or digging in a bag to eat. I like this podcast but seriously NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

You're new here, so I'm going to continue to let you think you're the first listener to bring up eating on the podcast. Keep mentioning it; I'm sure they'll stop any time now. In a related topic, how long ago was "The Eatbox" coined? Can anyone remember back that far (lord knows I sure can't)?
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby Konanda » Jul 18th, 2012 @ 1:23pm

GiantAsianMan wrote:
wondercoolguy wrote:Do the ppl who do the podcast read the forums ... probably not.....

Yes, they do.

This.

GiantAsianMan wrote:

You're new here, so I'm going to continue to let you think you're the first listener to bring up eating on the podcast. Keep mentioning it; I'm sure they'll stop any time now. In a related topic, how long ago was "The Eatbox" coined? Can anyone remember back that far (lord knows I sure can't)?

Hmm, I think it was episode 50. I believe it was an episode with Patrick Joynt on it. Although I think it was joked about before that as well, but that was the episode the joke really came in to play.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby flufflogic » Jul 18th, 2012 @ 2:59pm

Yeah, it's a real reach back. I think someone called it that in an email REAL early. Like, within 20 episodes early.
flufflogic

Postby wondercoolguy » Jul 19th, 2012 @ 5:28am

GiantAsianMan wrote:

Yes, they do.

The eatbox....lol Well since this is an on going issue for a while now...I'll just stop listening, thanks for the info!
Android > Iphone
wondercoolguy

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » Jul 19th, 2012 @ 6:30am

It's not an issue you're just easily annoyed by a small thing.
"I never understand people who like Star Wars but don't even like Star Trek or people who like Star Wars but don't like Star Trek."
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby puppybox » Jul 19th, 2012 @ 6:45am

The Joker peaked with Batman Beyond's Return of the Joker. The Dark Knight will always be second best

wondercoolguy wrote:The eatbox....lol Well since this is an on going issue for a while now...I'll just stop listening, thanks for the info!

My policy of buying only the cheapest headphones pays big dividends in situations like these, I never notice the eating.
puppybox

Postby MrDrifter » Jul 19th, 2012 @ 7:55am

I must have terrible hearing because Ive never once heard the eating so many people complain about :|
Prepare for trouble...
MrDrifter

Postby flufflogic » Jul 19th, 2012 @ 9:14am

I don't hear it any more either.

As for the Limbaugh Bane/Bain thing, quote in the spoiler:

Spoiler: show
Rush Limbaugh wrote:Have you heard this new movie, the Batman movie, what is it, The Dark Knight Lights Up or whatever the name is. That's right, Dark Knight Rises. Lights Up, same thing. Do you know the name of the villain in this movie? Bane. The villain in The Dark Knight Rises is named Bane, B-a-n-e. What is the name of the venture capital firm that Romney ran and around which there's now this make-believe controversy? Bain. The movie has been in the works for a long time. The release date's been known, summer 2012 for a long time. Do you think that it is accidental that the name of the really vicious fire breathing four eyed whatever it is villain in this movie is named Bane? ... So, anyway, this evil villain in the new Batman movie is named Bane. And there's now a discussion out there as to whether or not this is purposeful and whether or not it will influence voters. It's gonna have a lot of people. This movie, the audience is gonna be huge. A lot of people are gonna see the movie, and it's a lot of brain-dead people, entertainment, the pop culture crowd, and they're gonna hear Bane in the movie and they're gonna associate Bain. The thought is that when they start paying attention to the campaign later in the year, and Obama and the Democrats keep talking about Bain, Romney and Bain, that these people will think back to the Batman movie, "Oh, yeah, I know who that is." (laughing) There are some people who think it'll work. Others think you're really underestimating the American people to think that will work.

He's a dick.
flufflogic

Postby kenzo » Jul 19th, 2012 @ 9:32am

How is Rush Limbaugh even noteworthy at this point for what he says? He'll say anything crass, rude, and outrageous in order to get people to listen to him.
kenzo

Postby flufflogic » Jul 19th, 2012 @ 10:01am

I think it's hilarious how amazingly out of touch he is with the real world. Anyone who's seen the adverts running constantly knows who Bane is. And if they don't, most saw the OLD Batman movies. How long would it take him to do a little research?
flufflogic

Postby Konanda » Jul 19th, 2012 @ 10:14am

wondercoolguy wrote:The eatbox....lol Well since this is an on going issue for a while now...I'll just stop listening, thanks for the info!

Konanda

Postby Konanda » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 9:32am

MrDrifter wrote:I must have terrible hearing because Ive never once heard the eating so many people complain about :|

Never heard the actual eating but someone is definitely rustling a bag around multiple times during the podcast.
Konanda

Postby wondercoolguy » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 9:56am

Guillermo_DudeL wrote:It's not an issue you're just easily annoyed by a small thing.

I would understand your comment if it only happened in a couple of podcasts but some one mentioned it started in the 50s and they are in 170s to the point of people naming it the eatbox. I wonder why is it so hard to not eat for 1hr; I understand drinking in the instance of dry mouth. Oh well I've said enough..... Eatbox lol makes me laugh everytime
Android > Iphone
wondercoolguy

Postby Konanda » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 10:13am

wondercoolguy wrote:
Guillermo_DudeL wrote:It's not an issue you're just easily annoyed by a small thing.

I would understand your comment if it only happened in a couple of podcasts but some one mentioned it started in the 50s and they are in 170s to the point of people naming it the eatbox. I wonder why is it so hard to not eat for 1hr; I understand drinking in the instance of dry mouth. Oh well I've said enough..... Eatbox lol makes me laugh everytime

I thought you were leaving. :?
Konanda

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 12:47pm

wondercoolguy wrote:

Because they have been eating every episode since then. :roll:
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby kenzo » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 2:16pm

I don't really need a Deadpool game, as long as I have these youtube videos from nerd conventions:

kenzo

Postby Konanda » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 4:51pm

kenzo wrote:

Hmm, I think that's the first time I've seen someone cosplay Bayonetta in one of her alternate costumes other than the P.E. Uniform. :lol: At Danbo, Yotsuba's so silly.
Konanda

Forum Statistics