Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

The Geekbox: Episode 181

Postby Rydog » Aug 15th, 2012 @ 12:58am

Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 181

Postby ChiefDanGeorge » Aug 15th, 2012 @ 4:53am

Mars Rovers Missions: http://marsrover.nasa.gov/home/
The first two had a mission lifespan expectation of something like months and they've been operating for years.
ChiefDanGeorge

Postby kenzo » Aug 15th, 2012 @ 7:17am

Rydog wrote:On this week's episode, we discuss some exciting new reasons to play Team Fortress 2!
And yet, why do I get the feeling that you guys will - yet again - fail to join the geekbox TF2 server to play with your community? ;)
kenzo

Postby Ninjabear » Aug 15th, 2012 @ 6:01pm

Has anyone photoshopped a stormtrooper into one of the Mars Rover pics and had him saying, "Look Sir, Droids!"?

If so, I would like to see that pic. :)
Ninjabear

Postby kenzo » Aug 15th, 2012 @ 8:53pm

Praising TF2's viral marketing and "lore":

Spoiler: show
kenzo

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » Aug 15th, 2012 @ 9:31pm

Gotta love Inappropriate Joke Brock.
"I never understand people who like Star Wars but don't even like Star Trek or people who like Star Wars but don't like Star Trek."
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby CyniKill » Aug 16th, 2012 @ 2:32am

Brock sounds like he'd fit right in on The Comedy Button.
CyniKill

Postby LiQuid » Aug 16th, 2012 @ 8:00am

CyniKill wrote:Brock sounds like he'd fit right in on The Comedy Button.

FUCK YOU
LiQuid

Postby LiK » Aug 16th, 2012 @ 8:42am

I can't believe Brock hates HardBoiled! He didn't bother watching the rest of it? There's a bunch of great shootouts throughout the whole movie and it has a great story. The final shootout in the hosptial is amazing! Man, I am disappoint.

Also, show was too short this week. I'm taking away that whip from Rydog.
LiK

Postby kenzo » Aug 16th, 2012 @ 9:15am

LiK wrote:I can't believe Brock hates HardBoiled!
I'm all for whipping Brock for the shit he says, but it's unfair to misrepresent what he says as well. He never said he hated Hard Boiled, just that he thought it was "meh" from watching the first ten minutes and that Die Hard was better. Hate is a strong word there, don't put words into other people's mouths. If you're gonna rip someone for the shit they say, do it for the shit they actually say rather than building a strawman to knock down and giving them legitimate grounds to feel vindicated and justified.

What I will say is LOL @ Karen pretending like she's seen the Die Hard movies while Higgins takes flack for having never seen Die Hard 3 (a good movie but not as good as the first and not really even a *real* Die Hard film). Unless things have changed between now and before when she professed to having never seen Die Hard.
kenzo

Postby SerpentineZERO » Aug 16th, 2012 @ 10:46am

CyniKill wrote:Brock sounds like he'd fit right in on The Comedy Button.

wat
SerpentineZERO

Postby LiK » Aug 16th, 2012 @ 11:18am

kenzo wrote:
LiK wrote:I can't believe Brock hates HardBoiled!
I'm all for whipping Brock for the shit he says, but it's unfair to misrepresent what he says as well. He never said he hated Hard Boiled, just that he thought it was "meh" from watching the first ten minutes and that Die Hard was better. Hate is a strong word there, don't put words into other people's mouths. If you're gonna rip someone for the shit they say, do it for the shit they actually say rather than building a strawman to knock down and giving them legitimate grounds to feel vindicated and justified.

Why don't you calm down and listen to the episode again.

Brock: "HardBoiled still sucks." (52:12)

Thanks.
LiK

Postby kenzo » Aug 16th, 2012 @ 11:50am

That was after people were savagely berating him for solid minutes - simply because he didn't enjoying something as much as they did. I took that as simply baiting them because he'd given up on intelligent discourse and not necessarily representing his actual opinion at that point - because that's what Brock does. But hey, keep ignoring important context - you can't build a strawman without ignoring important context.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Aug 16th, 2012 @ 11:59am

LiK wrote:Why don't you calm down and listen to the episode again.

Brock: "HardBoiled still sucks." (52:12)

Thanks.

Why don't YOU calm down and learn to recognize an awful troll when you hear one...

Brock may be a certified idiot and a really terrible troll, but Ryan Scott and Higgins are the most obnoxious type of nerd in existence. The kind that think everything they like, every retarded piece of media that's committee engineered to pander to their tastes, is the best thing ever and everyone should love it as much as they irrationally do. They overhype everything to death and back and when you don't fawn over something they show you, you instantly have the worst taste in everything.

Does any of this excuse Brock for making a snap judgement based on watching the first ten minutes of a flick? No, but there's no doubt in my mind the entire time he watched it he had Higgins barking in his ear about how it was the best movie ever made and asking him every ten seconds if he thought it was the best thing ever filmed yet.

All that said, Hard Boiled isn't that great. It's a pretty basic undercover/crime story with all that retarded John Woo style that people seem to lose their shit over. Having seen both flicks, I find Die Hard VASTLY more enjoyable. The first one. I don't understand how anybody can lump the first two Die Hard flicks into the same category, but the second one was serviceable at best.
LiQuid

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » Aug 16th, 2012 @ 1:10pm

The Geekbox Forums.
"I never understand people who like Star Wars but don't even like Star Trek or people who like Star Wars but don't like Star Trek."
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby flufflogic » Aug 17th, 2012 @ 5:01pm

As a tangent, has Karen gone in for this already?
Last edited by flufflogic on Aug 20th, 2012 @ 7:10am, edited 1 time in total.
flufflogic

Postby Konanda » Aug 18th, 2012 @ 1:38pm

If you meant to post an image you forgot part of the address.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby LiQuid » Aug 18th, 2012 @ 1:44pm

Clearly he meant to post a link but used the img tag instead of url.
LiQuid

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » Aug 18th, 2012 @ 2:24pm

The edit button is your friend.
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby Konanda » Aug 18th, 2012 @ 4:43pm

Master Higgins it's far more likely that any human establishment made on Mars (given the planet's current conditions and the whole dealing with escape velocities and such when they leave) would be orbital not on the surface. Coming from a cost and research perspective it makes more sense to establish an orbital space-station around or more likely and cost effective one of it's satellites particularly Deimos. Using telerobotics for the actual exploration of the planet. This particular approach is actually the more current and realistic future proposals/predictions on how a manned exploration of Mars would happen.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby Roadie Brock » Aug 19th, 2012 @ 2:51pm

If I am to be whipped I would like a sexy cos-play chick to do the whipping.

Die Hard is better than Hard Boiled for me by leaps and bounds, and I think that goes for a lot of others too, because if I am correct there weren't any Hard Boiled sequels.

Thanks for the half support from this forum thread. :)
"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

http://www.conspiratorbrock.com/
Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » Aug 19th, 2012 @ 3:36pm

Well, there's Stranglehold...
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby kenzo » Aug 19th, 2012 @ 3:39pm

Guillermo_DudeL wrote:Well, there's Stranglehold...
Also, it's not really this guy's MO to make sequels to his films anyways, regardless of how successful they are.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Aug 19th, 2012 @ 3:41pm

Roadie Brock wrote:If I am to be whipped I would like a sexy cos-play chick to do the whipping.

Die Hard is better than Hard Boiled for me by leaps and bounds, and I think that goes for a lot of others too, because if I am correct there weren't any Hard Boiled sequels.

Why don't you actually watch Hard Boiled before you continue sounding like a retard? Not that it would help all that much, but it would be a good start. Also since when did the number of sequels a property had indicate its level of quality? What kind of moronic Brocklogic is at play here?
Last edited by LiQuid on Aug 19th, 2012 @ 3:51pm, edited 1 time in total.
LiQuid

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » Aug 19th, 2012 @ 3:50pm

"Brocklogic" has a nice ring to it.
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby Roadie Brock » Aug 19th, 2012 @ 7:33pm

LiQuid wrote:
Roadie Brock wrote:If I am to be whipped I would like a sexy cos-play chick to do the whipping.

Why don't you actually watch Hard Boiled before you continue sounding like a retard? Not that it would help all that much, but it would be a good start. Also since when did the number of sequels a property had indicate its level of quality? What kind of moronic Brocklogic is at play here?

I saw the first ten - fifteen minutes of Hard Boiled and wasn't impressed with it. So, I don't need to waste my time watching the whole thing. As for the Brocklogic at play. I was simply stating that Die Hard was popular and had sequels; Hard Boiled did not. As for quality of the films that is up to the watcher of the film. If voicing an opinion makes one "sound like a retard" then LiQuid you must be the biggest retard of all.

Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » Aug 19th, 2012 @ 7:57pm

Roadie Brock wrote: I saw the first ten - fifteen minutes of Hard Boiled and wasn't impressed with it. So, I don't need to waste my time watching the whole thing.

Remember when Ryan Scott gave up on Assassin's Creed 2 becuase he couldn't get past the first 10-15 minutes? That's you now Brock.

Roadie Brock wrote:If voicing an opinion makes one "sound like a retard" then LiQuid you must be the biggest retard of all.

He's got you there LiQuid.
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby flufflogic » Aug 20th, 2012 @ 7:13am

Hard Boiled is old and therefore takes time to get going. I mean, Battle Creek Brawl's a slow starter too, but awesome. Die Hard is great too, but 4 was a POS.
flufflogic

Postby kenzo » Aug 20th, 2012 @ 10:00am

flufflogic wrote:Die Hard is great too, but 4 was a POS.
4 was a pretty entertaining, by-the-numbers action flick. The problem is, it just wasn't a Die Hard movie. It was another, generic movie with Die Hard slapped on the front and the main character renamed John McClain at the last second.
kenzo

Postby Roadie Brock » Aug 20th, 2012 @ 11:12am

Die Hard 4 wasn't the best, entertaining enough, but the first three Die Hard films are great.

Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Next
Forum Statistics