Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 77

Postby Master Higgins » Oct 1st, 2012 @ 9:29pm

--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Re: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 77

Postby Roadie Brock » Oct 1st, 2012 @ 10:18pm

Filthy Marvel lover. Nice.
"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

http://www.conspiratorbrock.com/
Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby comicsanddakine » Oct 2nd, 2012 @ 12:17am

Higgins might read more Marvel if his hero returns...
comicsanddakine

Postby LiQuid » Oct 2nd, 2012 @ 4:58pm

Makes me fucking sick that Ryan had to try and fucking defend WatXM 17 against an onslaught of ridiculous h8r bullshit. This really is probably the worst comic podcast on the entire internet and I really only listen to it because I interface with you retards (and Omar, and now Bryce are chill fuckers). For the life of me I don't understand how anybody could stand listening to Brock's bullshit if they didn't have a personal stake in this forum's or the store's community.
LiQuid

Postby red_shirt » Oct 3rd, 2012 @ 2:34pm

Higgins' hero is a hobbit??? :twisted:
red_shirt

Postby Roadie Brock » Oct 3rd, 2012 @ 10:17pm

LiQuid wrote:Makes me fucking sick that Ryan had to try and fucking defend WatXM 17 against an onslaught of ridiculous h8r bullshit. This really is probably the worst comic podcast on the entire internet and I really only listen to it because I interface with you retards (and Omar, and now Bryce are chill fuckers). For the life of me I don't understand how anybody could stand listening to Brock's bullshit if they didn't have a personal stake in this forum's or the store's community.

Oh LiQuid, you must live a lonely life.

Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby red_shirt » Oct 8th, 2012 @ 3:16pm

so um... is it me or did Bryce really never answer why he still reads Marvel books past the golden era of Liefeld/Jim Lee/etc. If Bryce is a fan of his "dream" relationships, why continue to read a series that will not give you what you want? And why would you consider it great writing?

While DC isn't perfect, I still find myself enjoying far more DC titles than Marvel. As a longtime Wildstorm fan maybe its the fact that DC is more willing to take risks and try new things. I am looking forward to a few Marvel NOW titles, but nowhere near as excited as I was for the new 52. I will say that as a kid growing up, I was never a big fan of Marvel's biggest characters so as much as they want to shove them in my face in twenty books, I just can't care... I'm also a big fan of great artwork and artists and I have to say I like far more DC artists than Marvel. However, I will also say I think that the whole Marvel "system" of creating the books hampers the artists to the point that I can't fully appreciate them (which is a huge turnoff for the books to me). This is evident in their creator-owned books such as Power, Super Crooks, Incognito, etc. which are clearly much cleaner/prettier.
red_shirt

Postby Roadie Brock » Oct 8th, 2012 @ 11:10pm

red_shirt wrote:so um... is it me or did Bryce really never answer why he still reads Marvel books past the golden era of Liefeld/Jim Lee/etc. If Bryce is a fan of his "dream" relationships, why continue to read a series that will not give you what you want? And why would you consider it great writing?

He will have to educate us on this when he makes another guest appearance.

Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby LiQuid » Oct 8th, 2012 @ 11:22pm

Morrison's New X-Men and Milligan's X-Statix came after that golden era. I've generally liked all the X-Men comics I've read that came out between that era and now, even though they were stuck with some crumby artists during some of those times (I don't really like Quitely, Ramos or Bachalo but those are all personal preference for artists people seem to enjoy).
LiQuid

Postby crimson8199 » Oct 9th, 2012 @ 11:57am

MORE BRYCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I actually fell away from comics during the fall of Marvel in the late 90's. Kinda hung around Spawn for a while. Then got brought back by Spidey and Civil War. So my pick for events would be Civil War and World War Hulk for Marvel. For DC .... can I just say the New 52. Not Flashpoint but New 52. Wait.... no it would have to be Death of Superman.
crimson8199

Postby SerpentineZERO » Oct 10th, 2012 @ 10:32pm

LiQuid wrote:Makes me fucking sick that Ryan had to try and fucking defend WatXM 17 against an onslaught of ridiculous h8r bullshit. This really is probably the worst comic podcast on the entire internet and I really only listen to it because I interface with you retards (and Omar, and now Bryce are chill fuckers). For the life of me I don't understand how anybody could stand listening to Brock's bullshit if they didn't have a personal stake in this forum's or the store's community.

The fact that people hated W&TXM 17 is confusing to me. It's soooooooooooooooooo amazing.
SerpentineZERO

Postby Candle » Oct 10th, 2012 @ 10:51pm

Is this really the art from the comic?
Candle

Postby LiQuid » Oct 11th, 2012 @ 2:21am

Candle wrote:Image

Is this really the art from the comic?

Just from that one page. There are like a dozen different artists in the book. The second half of the book is just a bunch of one page joke fights.
LiQuid

Forum Statistics