Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

The Geekbox: Episode 188

Postby Rydog » Oct 3rd, 2012 @ 12:49am

Karen's in and Adam's out for this week's short episode. Hopefully we'll have a good, proper Doctor Who spoiler chat next week, so catch up on this week's episode!

Subscribe on iTunes!
Subscribe on Stitcher! (Make sure to use the promo code "GEEKBOX")
Subscribe on Zune Marketplace!
Follow me on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
Send us some email!
Throw us free money if you're so inclined!
Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 188

Postby kenzo » Oct 6th, 2012 @ 4:16pm

It wasn't even that hot this week. You babies are babied by the Bay.

Also, dang Karen I know that part of town - you live probably a block or two away from my BFF.
kenzo

Postby Master Higgins » Oct 6th, 2012 @ 5:41pm

Fewest replies for an episode ever?

But, to be expected.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby kenzo » Oct 7th, 2012 @ 4:10am

Master Higgins wrote:Fewest replies for an episode ever?

But, to be expected.
I wonder how many people still listen to the podcast. This thing has been going on for a long-ass time, and I think a lot of the enthusiasm for this thing - from all parties involved - is waning pretty hard. I don't think a geekbox-con would be a good idea at all. But a geekbox meetup (like say, during PAX) would have been perfect a year or two ago. But as it stands right now, I'm not sure if you'd get enough support (without dragging say, the Comedy Button or GJB into it). I've been saying it for a while now - Geekbox could use a real shot-in-the-arm, but knowing how busy you guys are and how previous ideas have panned out (T-shirts anybody?) that probably isn't going to happen.
kenzo

Postby Candle » Oct 7th, 2012 @ 5:23am

^sounds like psycho projection
Candle

Postby Rodney » Oct 7th, 2012 @ 10:05am

kenzo wrote:

But, to be expected.
I wonder how many people still listen to the podcast. This thing has been going on for a long-ass time, and I think a lot of the enthusiasm for this thing - from all parties involved - is waning pretty hard. I don't think a geekbox-con would be a good idea at all. But a geekbox meetup (like say, during PAX) would have been perfect a year or two ago. But as it stands right now, I'm not sure if you'd get enough support (without dragging say, the Comedy Button or GJB into it). I've been saying it for a while now - Geekbox could use a real shot-in-the-arm, but knowing how busy you guys are and how previous ideas have panned out (T-shirts anybody?) that probably isn't going to happen.

Wow, what the heck? C'mon, I love listening to the free show they put out every week, they do a great job. I know that was meant as constructive criticism but damn, what are you expecting, newly elected US President Ryan Scott to open Universal Studios: Geekbox Town in Sunnyvale, to a throng of crazed fans?
Rodney

Postby Master Higgins » Oct 7th, 2012 @ 11:14am

Rodney wrote:
kenzo wrote:

But, to be expected.

Wow, what the heck? C'mon, I love listening to the free show they put out every week, they do a great job. I know that was meant as constructive criticism but damn, what are you expecting, newly elected US President Ryan Scott to open Universal Studios: Geekbox Town in Sunnyvale, to a throng of crazed fans?

I don't know what Ryan says publicly about the numbers, but July, August, and September are our best three months ever, and not by small amounts.

I'm not going to lie, I get on Ryan's ass all the time about things like the t-shirts and all that stuff.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby LiQuid » Oct 7th, 2012 @ 11:31am

Kinda makes me a little sick when I think about how I've listened to you guys ramble about nonsense for 188+ hours. :lol:
LiQuid

Postby Master Higgins » Oct 7th, 2012 @ 12:06pm

LiQuid wrote:Kinda makes me a little sick when I think about how I've listened to you guys ramble about nonsense for 188+ hours. :lol:

Trust me, I'm right there with you. :o
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Konanda » Oct 7th, 2012 @ 2:48pm

But, to be expected.

Well not now but if it's any consolation I think there have been some 0 reply Comedy Button threads.

Anyway time to see what's gone on this week.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby kenzo » Oct 7th, 2012 @ 9:48pm

Master Higgins wrote:I don't know what Ryan says publicly about the numbers, but July, August, and September are our best three months ever, and not by small amounts.
This is why I was curious about the numbers. Because I know it feels like the podcast is stagnant, and from what I can tell feedback (forum usage, comments on the blog posts, the number of people who click on the social media buttons, letters to the show, iTunes rankings, etc.) is all drying up. But that's obviously not going to be a good sample size/representation of the actual audience.

Master Higgins wrote:I'm not going to lie, I get on Ryan's ass all the time about things like the t-shirts and all that stuff.
R.S. is a busy guy, so I don't begrudge the guy these things. Hell, I wouldn't have time to make a podcast every week. But I just have lowered/tempered expectations because of it.
kenzo

Postby Konanda » Oct 8th, 2012 @ 4:34pm

Steven Seagal > Sylvester Stallone
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby puppybox » Oct 9th, 2012 @ 8:58am

I miss Greg Ford

There has been a bit of a lull since the summer/comic book season ended. I imagine it will disappear given game releases are picking up and the new tv season is starting. Personally I'm still waiting for that Sherlock season 2 podcast
puppybox

Postby Rodney » Oct 9th, 2012 @ 7:44pm

It's too bad Mike Cruz and Greg Ford never did put out that "Cruz'n with Ford" podcast.
Rodney

Postby kenzo » Oct 9th, 2012 @ 8:35pm

Rodney wrote:It's too bad Mike Cruz and Greg Ford never did put out that "Cruz'n with Ford" podcast.

Spoiler: show
No, but there is "The Duck of Death" which is pretty great.
kenzo

Postby David_LFC » Nov 6th, 2012 @ 11:30pm

Bit late but have a backlog of podcasts I'm catching up on....

Classic Stallone movie - Over the top

Judge dredd - Didn't even know this was British origin- learn something every week!
David_LFC

Forum Statistics