Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 79

Postby Master Higgins » Oct 15th, 2012 @ 9:47pm

--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Re: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 79

Postby Roadie Brock » Oct 15th, 2012 @ 11:33pm

[quote="Master Higgins"]Some comic stuff happened this week, and we talk about it.

Some stuff? A lot of shit happened this past week. And we talked about some of it. :P
"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

http://www.conspiratorbrock.com/
Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby kenzo » Oct 16th, 2012 @ 12:28am

Semi-related: I don't know how you guys can defend the Court of Owls nonsense when Batman #13 puts all of that shit to utter shame by perspective.

Yeah, I'm never going to live this down.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Oct 16th, 2012 @ 5:04pm

Batman 13 was great compared to 00-12 but comic of the year? For realz?
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Oct 16th, 2012 @ 5:21pm

LiQuid wrote:Batman 13 was great compared to 00-12 but comic of the year? For realz?
It was really good, but no way comic of the year. A large part of what made it so good was the perspective and contrast compared to the rest of Batman up to this point (and other Bat-comics like Detective or Dark Knight). Finally seeing some payoff for that Detective Comics #1 was awesome. Without that, or without the mediocre Owl villains stinking up the place, the return of the Joker wouldn't have nearly been as compelling. That's not something the issue itself can take credit for. Batman #13 is like eating at a 2.5 star restaurant after living in a gulag for a year - of course it's going to taste like the best meal in your life, but you're not actually eating four star food.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Oct 16th, 2012 @ 5:25pm

I need to try and reread that first arc of Detective again cause I totally thought the Joker face thing was a ruse by the Dollmaker... Later on in that arc like everybody and their grandma was wearing Joker skin masks, so I just assumed the first one from that last page of Tec #1 was a fake mask too...
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Oct 16th, 2012 @ 5:31pm

So I'm just starting the Batman 13 discussion on the podcast now and already the hyperbole is dripping from Higgins' fucking maw. Scariest Joker book ever? Now I don't read a lot of Batman, but are ANY Joker books scary? Really? Were you literally frightened reading this? Because I sure wasn't...

fake edit: The backup was disturbing... twisted...? God who the fuck are you people? Who gets disturbed reading comic books? I'm getting disturbed listening to this fucking podcast. I just know I'm going to hit submit and then unpause it and going to want to come and type more. Ugh. BRB.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Oct 16th, 2012 @ 7:01pm

Jesus Ryan you're fucking killing me man. The problem with Walking Dead was never that it was slow or that there weren't enough fucking zombies. Jesus fucking hell man, have you ever even watched the show and listened to any of the dialog or do you just have it on in the background while you're jerking it onto a DC logo?
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Oct 16th, 2012 @ 8:24pm

LiQuid wrote:So I'm just starting the Batman 13 discussion on the podcast now and already the hyperbole is dripping from Higgins' fucking maw. Scariest Joker book ever? Now I don't read a lot of Batman, but are ANY Joker books scary? Really? Were you literally frightened reading this? Because I sure wasn't...

fake edit: The backup was disturbing... twisted...? God who the fuck are you people? Who gets disturbed reading comic books? I'm getting disturbed listening to this fucking podcast. I just know I'm going to hit submit and then unpause it and going to want to come and type more. Ugh. BRB.
I thought it was really creepy and riveting, but not really disturbing or frightening. The Harley stuff at the end was super creeper status, but we already saw earlier in the issue that she was in no real danger of losing her face. The only way it would be frightening is if you're frightened for any of the characters, and you know that by the Rule of Comics, Gordon wasn't going to die, and Alfred isn't going to die either (although that would be pretty dope) because Damien or that dog is going to come out of nowhere.
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Oct 17th, 2012 @ 2:15am

Aside from some of the hyperbole, this was a pretty good episode. And while Higgins might have been frothing at the mouth at Batman, Toby and Omar (ever proving they're the best dudes on the podcast) were relatively down to Earth about the whole thing and balanced it out.
kenzo

Postby jw_6179 » Oct 19th, 2012 @ 9:08pm

Speaking of the Walking Dead (Haven't seen it yet, but listened to your spoilers) and leg amputations, I dunno if there's anything in a movie I've seen more disturbing than "The Ruins". Holy fuck that one scene is too fucking intense for me. :shock:
jw_6179

Forum Statistics