Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 190

Postby kenzo » Oct 20th, 2012 @ 2:52am

Rodney wrote:I didn't know Adam was such a fan with how he pulled that one out of thin air, I think he out trekkied Higgins there. I don't get why Ryan Scott hates Star Trek and only likes Star Wars.
One of these days, I just want Higgins and Fitch to talk about Star Trek the entire time, and then have it all wrap by hearing the sound of R.S. faint as he loses too much blood from slitting his wrists.

I'm guessing R.S. hates Star Trek because he's an idiot. I only half mean that as an insult. 'Trekkies' and Star Wars fans hating each other used to be a big thing in the 80s and early 90s - if you liked one, and had any participation in the larger fandom, it was almost like you were forced to take sides and hate the other guys. This was an alarmingly common perspective to have. Star Trek-only fans resented the prominent place Star Wars captured in pop culture and science fiction - a place that used to be Star Trek's. Star Wars is also a really simple/dumb set of movies, and Star Trek fans tend to be snobby about how much smarter Trek is versus Wars. Star Wars fans on the other hand are just mouth-breathing idiots - the Avatards of their day. I think the end of TNG/franchise fatigue with Star Trek, and the awful Prequels have done a lot to put things into perspective to the retarded fans that refused to give the other franchise its due - it's okay to like BOTH, even if you like one over the other. It shouldn't be a mutually exclusive thing. Only idiots condemn something without ever having experienced it themselves.

@Dar - I wish I was you - getting to experience DS9 for the first time. And when you're done, you've still got three more shows to watch that will be brand new to you. I have nothing. :(
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Oct 20th, 2012 @ 3:02am

Star Wars, Star Trek... None of this shit is fucking high art. And Star Trek fans are obnoxious as fuck. They're like the Sony fanboys of sci-fi. Star Wars fans are like the dude with the Xbox that just wants to have fun and doesn't give a shit what you think.
LiQuid

Postby Bboy_Izilla » Oct 22nd, 2012 @ 9:36am

TtotheING wrote:Fitch's annoying mispronunciation aside, here's the rap battle he was talking about. Skip to the 8 minute mark for "the work."

As someone whose beein following battle rap for a couple decades...hearing Fitch say anything remotely alluding to it was hilarious and grating. How is that possible?
Bboy_Izilla

Postby Quillon » Oct 26th, 2012 @ 1:02pm

Haha, "You should all use Chrome." That's pretty funny.
Quillon

Previous
Forum Statistics