Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

The Comedy Button: Episode 55

Postby Rydog » Nov 23rd, 2012 @ 4:14pm

Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Re: The Comedy Button: Episode 55

Postby staffmemberj » Nov 23rd, 2012 @ 5:52pm

This episode genuinely upset me. I listen to Comedy Button to escape the political bull****. In future episodes, please consider other people have different views and don't mock people for having them.
staffmemberj

Postby LiQuid » Nov 23rd, 2012 @ 6:00pm

staffmemberj wrote:This episode genuinely upset me. I listen to Comedy Button to escape the political bull****. In future episodes, please consider other people have different views and don't mock people for having them.

You picked now to get offended by a podcast that actively mocks its listeners, non-white peoples and whatever else manages to get brought up every week? Boo fucking hoo dude, get over it. Have enough strength in your convictions that a group of jokers on the internet laughing at you isn't going to make you butthurt.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Nov 23rd, 2012 @ 6:24pm

LiQuid wrote:
staffmemberj wrote:This episode genuinely upset me. I listen to Comedy Button to escape the political bull****. In future episodes, please consider other people have different views and don't mock people for having them.

You picked now to get offended by a podcast that actively mocks its listeners, non-white peoples and whatever else manages to get brought up every week? Boo fucking hoo dude, get over it. Have enough strength in your convictions that a group of jokers on the internet laughing at you isn't going to make you butthurt.
To be fair to their racism, they make fun of white people a whole lot too. From trailer park trash, to the assholes on snob-hill.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Nov 23rd, 2012 @ 6:30pm

Sorry, you're right. I probably just notice it when it's about minorities because they're the only ones that get uppity when people talk shit about them.
LiQuid

Postby staffmemberj » Nov 23rd, 2012 @ 9:54pm

I don't mind the racism or whatever because I'm white, much like how you don't care about the politics because you agree with theirs ;)

Joking aside, I'm not offended by their viewpoints, but it depressed me. If I wanted to be depressed I would have listened to the Tragedy Lever instead.
I'm trying to find a way to not get into some form of a political debate on here, but simply put: it's one thing to be jokingly ignorant, but it's another to BE ignorant.
staffmemberj

Postby LiQuid » Nov 23rd, 2012 @ 10:42pm

Being ignorant is funny tho.
LiQuid

Postby AtomVI » Nov 28th, 2012 @ 6:29pm

Dear Liz, most guys will do and/or say anything to get their weenies wet, keep that in mind :D
AtomVI

Forum Statistics