Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 87

Postby Master Higgins » Dec 10th, 2012 @ 11:31pm

--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Re: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 87

Postby Roadie Brock » Dec 11th, 2012 @ 12:47am

I'm back! :)
"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

http://www.conspiratorbrock.com/
Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby LiQuid » Dec 12th, 2012 @ 7:22am

Holy shit, the hand raising, the hard hitting questions and the audible high fives... I'm laughing harder at this Avengers discussion than I have all year. :lol:
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Dec 12th, 2012 @ 7:46am

AHAHAHAHAHAHA Higgins bitching about obscure characters and symbols and this corny motherfucker followed LOST conspiracy sites for a god damned decade! Good on you guys for putting fucknuts in his place!
LiQuid

Postby comicsanddakine » Dec 12th, 2012 @ 4:59pm

LiQuid wrote:AHAHAHAHAHAHA Higgins bitching about obscure characters and symbols and this corny motherfucker followed LOST conspiracy sites for a god damned decade! Good on you guys for putting fucknuts in his place!

Higgins was in RARE form. Loved that he continually cut everyone else off and said he could do so cos he is "the teacher." Probably the most fun that I have ever had on the podcast.
comicsanddakine

Postby kenzo » Dec 12th, 2012 @ 5:53pm

- I noticed a few episodes back what Toby mentioned about Higgins talking shit on basketball, and I was incensed too but forgot to comment on it. Basketball is great, good for Toby. How ‘bout them Dubs!? We’re goin’ to the playoffs, baby! Also, Omar, STFU about the Lakers. We don’t speak of them around here except to make fun of them.
- Higgins’s logic on “the war against women in comics” is fucking awful. Sometimes Higgins, you sound like a nice, intelligent, upstanding man. And then you say shit that doesn’t make sense. Your logic, for example, is riddled with holes. (Paraphrasing) “Starfire has never had clothes, so it’s OK that she continues to not have clothes.” Wut? How is that a sound argument that has merit? We’ve always had slaves since antiquity, Higgins. I guess that makes it OK to have slaves now, and anybody criticizing that fact is crazy. To me, the bottom line is, I might not personally think that say, Starfire's attire is worth freaking out about. But I don’t think it’s wrong to have a public dialog about it either. And given how frequently comics I read on a monthly basis devolve into lonely-male-fantasies that undoubtedly alienate female readership, I think it’s probably a useful thing to examine our comics and have an open dialog about them.

- I was listening to this podcast, while teaching, and had to make a frowny face while listening. "Is this how I sound to my students?? Of course it is..." :(
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Dec 12th, 2012 @ 7:33pm

This might be the single best podcast episode available at geekbox.net.
LiQuid

Postby darfox8 » Dec 12th, 2012 @ 7:35pm

Yeah I liked it to. It was funny.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby kenzo » Dec 12th, 2012 @ 11:07pm

I want to also say, props to Omar for sneaking in a "Green Lantern sucks," even though Higgins won't read my email about how Green Lantern sucks.

Also, also, I haven't read Avengers #1 so I don't know if it's the same case, but Higgins getting exasperated and fed up over everyone losing their mind at Avengers #1 is hilarious - if only because, now he knows how I feel when all you loons praise the recent N52 Justice League. Because that comic is shit and why people lose their shit over such a shit comic is beyond me.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Dec 12th, 2012 @ 11:41pm

The most baffling thing to me is how anybody can try to argue that any of Opena's panels in Avengers 1 were suspect in any way. Every single panel of that book was some of the best art I've seen in comics all year. I'm not even super biased since like most of the dudes I'm of a mind that the first issue was good, not great, but that it has a lot of promise. I think Higgins and Brock are just being Higgins and Brock and letting their bias taint their thoughts on a book which is kinda tragic.
LiQuid

Postby Master Higgins » Dec 13th, 2012 @ 12:08am

LiQuid wrote:The most baffling thing to me is how anybody can try to argue that any of Opena's panels in Avengers 1 were suspect in any way. Every single panel of that book was some of the best art I've seen in comics all year. I'm not even super biased since like most of the dudes I'm of a mind that the first issue was good, not great, but that it has a lot of promise. I think Higgins and Brock are just being Higgins and Brock and letting their bias taint their thoughts on a book which is kinda tragic.

Derpy the Hulk questions your opinion.

--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby LiQuid » Dec 13th, 2012 @ 12:34am

That's one of the best Hulks I've seen since I got into comics. I haven't heard anybody complain about it other than you. Opena is the best is the biz right now.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Dec 13th, 2012 @ 12:58am

I don't get why Hulk "looking like a mongoloid" is a bad thing. He's a mindless atomic horror. Is he supposed to look like Patrick Stewart?
kenzo

Forum Statistics