Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: The Comedy Button Podcast Discussion Thread

Postby Starwats » Aug 11th, 2013 @ 12:54am

kenzo wrote:
Master Higgins wrote:I haven't listened yet, but Ryan came by the store today and told me what he talked about. Wasn't sure if he ever really talked about this publicly before, and I guess he hadn't, so yeah, this should be an amazing episode. I can only imagine the reactions.
Oh man, the reactions were utterly delicious. DAT moment when people realized they had their feet in their mouths for 4+ years and didn't realize it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh god, every time I think about this I just cringe a little for them.
LiQuid wrote:I think secretly kenzo gets even madder about Dota than even Dakazu.

No trading.
Starwats

Postby kenzo » Aug 11th, 2013 @ 1:06am

Why would you cringe FOR them? I'm sure they're all the nicest of guys IRL, but they very purposefully deal in loads of insult-humor. It was bound to come back and bite them in the ass in a very personal manner sooner or later.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Aug 11th, 2013 @ 4:00am

I don't understand how the reveal shames their 4 years of "insult-humor."
LiQuid

Postby Starwats » Aug 11th, 2013 @ 12:58pm

I don't know, but would they have made the same jokes had they known? Probably not.
LiQuid wrote:I think secretly kenzo gets even madder about Dota than even Dakazu.

No trading.
Starwats

Postby LiQuid » Aug 11th, 2013 @ 2:07pm

These are the same people that made jokes about Brian's aborted sister. I think these guys understand that laughing at tragedy is a good coping mechanism. That's not even to say something that happened before any of them were cognizant of it.
LiQuid

Postby harrypowers » Aug 11th, 2013 @ 3:36pm

LiQuid wrote: I think these guys understand that laughing at tragedy is a good coping mechanism.

Vitriolic speech isn't therapy. Claiming so is simply an alibi. Just my opinion, I don't mean any disrespect.
They make humor at Ryan's expense to which he is unopposed.
This week, shit got real. Cliche, I know.
Man, how much would you like to see their faces when Ryan dropped that bomb. Umm, Anthony? Did you grab and screens of their reactions?
Last edited by harrypowers on Aug 11th, 2013 @ 5:45pm, edited 1 time in total.
harrypowers

Postby LiQuid » Aug 11th, 2013 @ 3:40pm

harrypowers wrote:They make humor at Ryan's expense

I don't agree with this.
LiQuid

Postby harrypowers » Aug 11th, 2013 @ 3:44pm

LiQuid wrote:
harrypowers wrote:They make humor at Ryan's expense

I don't agree with this.

Fair enough.
harrypowers

Postby Xiong » Aug 12th, 2013 @ 12:50pm

Ryan I respect your honesty, it was a very personal story and it takes some courage to tell and for the people who think it some how hinders anything from the past, comedy has no boarders. This is just a reminder that these people that make us laugh, are real people. Its sad but sometimes listeners don't realize that, until it hits them in the face. So if all of a sudden you feel offended for what ever reason, get over it.
Twitter@SmackChopG
Xiong

Postby Starwats » Aug 12th, 2013 @ 4:57pm

Xiong wrote:Comedy has no boarders

lol'd

Ooh, I really love it when someone says something negative about TCB and all of their aspie fans go beserk, especially on the facebook page. Shit is golden.
They also write all the shitty letters and pretend it wasn't them. That's pretty funny too

I'm not saying I think any of them were out of line or anything for making fun of Ryan, I'm just saying I'd feel a little bad if I were in their shoes. Obviously Ryan Scott didn't have too much of a problem with it, or he would have said something to them earlier.

Don't be so.....stupid

No trading.
Starwats

Postby Rydog » Aug 12th, 2013 @ 6:20pm

I'm kinda amused at some of the reactions in here.

For starters, it's insane to me that people read so much into our regular insults/crap-talking on the Comedy Button. Remember that you only know us and hear us for this one little hour every week, and that's a very vertical slice of our relationships with one another. If you really believe that I'm some sort of victimized punching bag for Scott and Brian, you're delusional. Hell, if I were to try to quantify an actual real power dynamic within our circle, I'm the one who holds all the cards because I functionally control every aspect of the podcast and the stuff that happens around it. But, whatever the case, I assure you that we are all very good friends who get along really well. Nothing we say to each other on the show should be interpreted as mean-spirited as some people make it out to be.

Also, in terms of this episode, there was really never anything for me to cope with or whatever. I never knew my brother as a person -- only some pictures and stories. It's kind of weird and maybe hard for other people to understand, I guess, but there's no actual emotional engagement for me there, because I was so far removed from it from the get-go.
Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Postby jw_6179 » Aug 12th, 2013 @ 6:48pm

Rydog wrote:But, whatever the case, I assure you that we are all very good friends who get along really well.

It's worse than we thought, it's Stockholm syndrome. ;__;
jw_6179

Postby harrypowers » Aug 12th, 2013 @ 7:11pm

jw_6179 wrote:
Rydog wrote:But, whatever the case, I assure you that we are all very good friends who get along really well.

:lol: That is funny :lol:
harrypowers

Postby LiQuid » Aug 12th, 2013 @ 7:14pm

Rydog wrote:I'm kinda amused at some of the reactions in here.

For starters, it's insane to me that people read so much into our regular insults/crap-talking on the Comedy Button. Remember that you only know us and hear us for this one little hour every week, and that's a very vertical slice of our relationships with one another. If you really believe that I'm some sort of victimized punching bag for Scott and Brian, you're delusional. Hell, if I were to try to quantify an actual real power dynamic within our circle, I'm the one who holds all the cards because I functionally control every aspect of the podcast and the stuff that happens around it. But, whatever the case, I assure you that we are all very good friends who get along really well. Nothing we say to each other on the show should be interpreted as mean-spirited as some people make it out to be.

It's almost like some people don't know what friendship feels like.
LiQuid

Postby jw_6179 » Aug 12th, 2013 @ 10:09pm

LiQuid wrote:
Rydog wrote:I'm kinda amused at some of the reactions in here.

It's almost like some people don't know what friendship feels like.

You're my friend.
jw_6179

Postby Rydog » Aug 12th, 2013 @ 10:09pm

jw_6179 wrote:

Again, you're basing this off of the very small vertical slice that you hear every week. This does not constitute an entire picture.
Ryan Scott
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Postby kenzo » Aug 12th, 2013 @ 10:20pm

Rydog wrote:
jw_6179 wrote:
Again, you're basing this off of the very small vertical slice that you hear every week. This does not constitute an entire picture.
I think that was a joke...
kenzo

Postby jw_6179 » Aug 12th, 2013 @ 10:31pm

Rydog wrote:Again, you're basing this off of the very small vertical slice that you hear every week.

No I'm not.
jw_6179

Postby Rydog » Aug 12th, 2013 @ 10:55pm

jw_6179 wrote:
Rydog wrote:Again, you're basing this off of the very small vertical slice that you hear every week.

No I'm not.

Are you... following us with cameras every day?
Ryan Scott
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Postby Scott » Aug 12th, 2013 @ 11:12pm

Rydog wrote:
jw_6179 wrote:

No I'm not.

Shit. They have cameras? Better go put some makeup on.
Scott
Tintin

Postby harrypowers » Aug 13th, 2013 @ 10:09am

Rydog wrote:
jw_6179 wrote:

No I'm not.

No one panic. Rydog is just a good guesser. There is no way he found the cameras.
harrypowers

Postby harrypowers » Aug 16th, 2013 @ 5:04pm

Soda and bitters was my non-drinking order. The bartender knows what it is, and no one else notices the order is non-alcoholic.
harrypowers

Postby kenzo » Aug 16th, 2013 @ 5:58pm

harrypowers wrote:Soda and bitters was my non-drinking order. The bartender knows what it is, and no one else notices the order is non-alcoholic.
But bitters is alcoholic...
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Aug 16th, 2013 @ 6:49pm

kenzo wrote:
harrypowers wrote:Soda and bitters was my non-drinking order. The bartender knows what it is, and no one else notices the order is non-alcoholic.

Shhh, don't tell him. He hasn't noticed yet and you're going to ruin the ruse!
LiQuid

Postby harrypowers » Aug 16th, 2013 @ 6:57pm

LiQuid wrote:
kenzo wrote:

Shhh, don't tell him. He hasn't noticed yet and you're going to ruin the ruse!

Hmm, I did feel more sociable and gained an inflated sense of self esteem. But, I attributed those feelings to the fact I was carrying a gun and driving really fast rather than to the alcohol in bitters.
harrypowers

Postby meDotJS » Aug 16th, 2013 @ 10:38pm

Those things don't go well with alcohol.
Liquid wrote:"meDotJS - Today at 8:20 PM
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
even google says medot is wrong
meDotJS

Postby harrypowers » Aug 19th, 2013 @ 6:12pm

Off topic here, but Brian Altano did a first class job with Up At Noon this week. It was funny as usual, but it also came across as polished, and Brian and Gregg looked good. Good job fellas.
harrypowers

Postby harrypowers » Aug 22nd, 2013 @ 7:39pm

Ahem. I can't start complaining until some one posts the podcast. :?:
harrypowers

Postby harrypowers » Aug 23rd, 2013 @ 4:06pm

Now I know why no one else was put off by a missing Comedy Button podcast yesterday, Thursday.
harrypowers wrote:Ahem. I can't start complaining until some one posts the podcast. :?:

To make a long story short, I thought yesterday was Friday and today Saturday. I didn't realize my mistake of being one day ahead of schedule until a friend who is also a teacher said, "Yeah, being a teacher means every summer-day is Saturday." After that remark, his wife laughingly said, "Aww, Harry. You think today is Saturday? OMG, didn't you notice ... ?"
It was all good after that. :)
harrypowers

Postby Starwats » Sep 1st, 2013 @ 12:51pm

https://twitter.com/TheComedyButton/sta ... 3967264768
Does this piss anyone else off? Like, of course they're going to get bad reviews; a lot of things get bad reviews, even good things. But to fucking address it like this every single time it happens? I dunno, it's annoying & a little sad

No trading.
Starwats

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics