Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: The Comic Conspiracy Podcast Discussion Thread

Postby TripleZ » Mar 7th, 2013 @ 8:16pm

LiQuid wrote:
TripleZ wrote:Long time listerner to the Comics Conspiracy here - been listening since episode 1. I'm posting to beg Omar and Bryce to cut back on the swearing if at all possible. I realise I sound like a complete pussy, and believe me, when provoked I swear like a sailor. So I have no problem with an appropriate use of shit, fuck, and the like. However Omar and Bryce in particular drop the f bomb virtually every 2nd or 3rd sentence to the point where it's fucking annoying. It's gone from being an expression of what the guys are thinking to a Tourettes style verbal tic. Please guys, try to get through a couple of sentences without using the f bomb - you may find you actually become more articulate.

I'm a long time reader of your post and I would like to ask you to not be such a miserable pile of awful shit. It's like every word you type sounds like a faggot with fag balls being faggy about shit. Fuck.

People talk how they talk and I can't fucking stand it when people register to criticize shit they have no business commenting on. There are literally dozens of podcasts about comics where nobody swears. Go listen to those. Keep listening to this one too, because the people on it are (mostly) cool and them using casual language shouldn't be a turn off WHEN TALKING ABOUT FUCKING COMICS BOOKS. This isn't NPR. It's not daytime television. It's shop talk. Deal with it or shut your stupid face.

Yeah, I registered specifically to post this feedback on the overuse of the word "fuck"". That's how much it annoys me. I've listened to and enjoyed almost 100 episodes of the CC without feeling the need to respond or comment on any other issue.

I'm not going to respond to the rest of your post because your first paragraph demonstrates that you're a stupid fucking cunt whose comments don't deserve to be read, considered, analysed and intelligently responded to. (And that to my mind is an entirely appropriate use of bad language.)
TripleZ

Postby TripleZ » Mar 7th, 2013 @ 8:27pm

comicsanddakine wrote:
TripleZ wrote:Long time listerner to the Comics Conspiracy here - been listening since episode 1. I'm posting to beg Omar and Bryce to cut back on the swearing if at all possible. I realise I sound like a complete pussy, and believe me, when provoked I swear like a sailor. So I have no problem with an appropriate use of shit, fuck, and the like. However Omar and Bryce in particular drop the f bomb virtually every 2nd or 3rd sentence to the point where it's fucking annoying. It's gone from being an expression of what the guys are thinking to a Tourettes style verbal tic. Please guys, try to get through a couple of sentences without using the f bomb - you may find you actually become more articulate.

Thx for listening 3Z and for your helpful feedback. Bryce and I work in the tech-sector and education respectively so we don't get to drop the fucking F-bomb on the regular that you so don't enjoy. Like Liq said, we don't really think about what we are saying on the podcast as to much of Ryan's freestyle-shoptalk-brand of podcasting-- actually, Ryan asked to tone it down on the pirate-talk but to be honest, whenever we do-- usually Ryan, Toby, and even Charlie pickup the F-bomb party. For me, saying FUCK this and FUCK that has been like the primary driver to getting Bryce and I to moments of genius-level contemplation in our weekly, hour long, circle-jerk. Or it could be the 10% IPA.

Hey Omar, thanks for at least sensibly responding to my comment, as opposed to LiQuid's pointless bullshit flame-rant.

I should make the point that I'm not offended by the word "fuck", but rather I'm simply annoyed when it's overused pointlessly - as I would be if any other word was overused pointlessly. I actually think that both you and Bryce are intelligent, articulate and have great opinions that deserve to be heard - the problem for me is that when you drop the f-bomb every second sentence and for no particular reason, you sound ridiculous (as in, deserving to be ridiculed) which detracts from the value of the content (ie the opinion you're expressing) that I'm listening to. I'm not trying to criticise you, as LiQuid seems to think, I'm trying to point out something that might improve your performance as broadcasters. (And yeah, before I get ridiculed for using that word, when you're on a podcast that anyone in the world can download from iTunes, that makes you a broadcaster.)

I have no issue with anyone swearing in their private life - I do myself. I'm just suggesting that for the hour or so that you're being recorded for the podcast, you try to rein it in (as opposed to cut it out entirely) and thus become easier to listen to. Hey, once the mics are off, go out and tell a nun to go fuck herself for all I care.
TripleZ

Postby kenzo » Mar 8th, 2013 @ 12:50am

TripleZ wrote:I should make the point that I'm not offended by the word "fuck", but rather I'm simply annoyed when it's overused pointlessly
I seriously don't understand this. Omar, I want you dropping f-bombs like your life depends on it.
"Kenzo. Could you supply me with your home address so I can visit/murder you? I would appreciate that! Thanx!" -LiQuid
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Mar 8th, 2013 @ 4:17am

This podcast will be lame with less swearing. Simple as that. Omar's filthy mind (I love your ideas for the Game of Thrones comic bro, you should get someone on the horn with that shit) and potty mouth are the best things related to comic books. Also if I were in Bryce's shoes surrounded by so many DC tards literally every word out of my mouth would just be different intonations of "fuck." That would be as close to a coherent thought as I could muster.
What I saw / What I heard / What I did / What I read
"The DC movies have been very heavy, but better "films." -Ryan Higgins
LiQuid

Postby Walzo » Mar 10th, 2013 @ 11:17am

Holy fucking shit, 700 free #1's!?!
Walzo

Postby kenzo » Mar 11th, 2013 @ 10:30pm

I hope Toby and Omar regret going to the Dubs game as much as I do. Blowouts are boring.
"Kenzo. Could you supply me with your home address so I can visit/murder you? I would appreciate that! Thanx!" -LiQuid
kenzo

Postby Master Higgins » Mar 11th, 2013 @ 10:57pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 99 (2013-03-11)
It’s a star-studded cast this week, featuring the biggest cast ever on the Comic Conspiracy podcast! We try and not talk over each other too much as we discuss Charlie’s Emerald City ComicCon trip, exploding Twitter accounts, Marvel’s big SXSW announcements, trying to give away 700 free comics, Age of Ultron #1, MarvelNOW! sales vs New 52 sales, Superman Unchained pricing, ranking the 2013 superhero movies, and the death of the Ultimate Universe. Starring Ryan Higgins and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 09m 38s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby kenzo » Mar 12th, 2013 @ 2:01am

I was going to complain saying, "Please, never again compare MarvelNOW! to the N52 ever again, we don't need to hear it anymore." But then I actually listened to the podcast, and the Higgins/Charlie combo manages to not make it terrible, unlike when Brock and Bryce go fanboy on each other. Your two-man-booth is pretty good so far actually. Everyone whines about two-man podcasts, but I think they're good once.
kenzo

Postby bitblockader » Mar 12th, 2013 @ 2:39pm

This episode was about 52 times better with more Charlie and no idiot savant who's sole contribution is to frame every statement into some asinine pro-Marvel talking point.
bitblockader

Postby LiQuid » Mar 13th, 2013 @ 6:20am

bitblockader wrote:This episode was about 52 times better with more Charlie and no idiot savant who's sole contribution is to frame every statement into some asinine pro-Marvel talking point.

You sound like someone who prefers DC comics to Marvel comics.
LiQuid

Postby crimson8199 » Mar 13th, 2013 @ 1:08pm

I love how there's one Marvel purist on this podcast and someone says he's too much. I love having Bryce on cause it creates a good dynamic and debates. Reminds my of my local comic store. Now we need like an Image or Dark Horse fanatic. Any chance of getting Ryan Scott on the show or is he not as big a comic fan as he lets on at the Geekbox? Also, loved that you mentioned Fatman on Batman. Loved the Grant Morrison and Geoff Johns interview. Also, check out his interview with Kevin Conroy and Scott Snyder! Fantastic!
crimson8199

Postby LiQuid » Mar 13th, 2013 @ 4:13pm

Too be fair, Bryce comes off strong. He's like the antithesis to Brock, only Brock has the luxury of being surrounded by DC fanboys. Bryce is an island.
LiQuid

Postby darfox8 » Mar 13th, 2013 @ 4:25pm

Bryce is the token Marvel guy. He's constantly bringing up Marvel even when nobody was putting it down. I wonder if he's just doing it on purpose to have fun with the guys.
-If you play Little Big Planet please check out my levels. http://lbp.me/u/darfox8/levels
-Here's one of my Levels http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM7F6Rg7pDE
-Megaman Legends > *any game you like*
darfox8

Postby Master Higgins » Mar 13th, 2013 @ 5:47pm

darfox8 wrote:Bryce is the token Marvel guy. He's constantly bringing up Marvel even when nobody was putting it down. I wonder if he's just doing it on purpose to have fun with the guys.

Yeah, it's really this. Most of the time we're taking pot shots at a company, we're more taking friendly pot-shots at each other.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby bitblockader » Mar 13th, 2013 @ 8:09pm

Yeah well he comes off like that guy at a party who, no matter what topic of conversation, ends up going off on his Lizard People conspiracy theories. It's annoying at best and borderline IQ draining stupid.
bitblockader

Postby Walzo » Mar 15th, 2013 @ 12:53pm

I love Brock, he is the opposite of Brock, so it kind of evens out.
Walzo

Postby Master Higgins » Mar 19th, 2013 @ 12:22am

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 100 (2013-03-18)
It’s our giant 100th episode! Nothing will ever be the same after this! Someone will leave, someone will join the team, and someone will die! Don’t miss this die-cut, holofoil, super-sized special anniversary episode! Starring Ryan Higgins, Omar Brodrick, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 35m 30s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby comicsanddakine » Mar 19th, 2013 @ 12:48am

Love that you got this up 20 minutes ago like a BOSS!!
comicsanddakine

Postby Roadie Brock » Mar 21st, 2013 @ 11:28pm

I just want to say thanks to all of our listeners who put up with us rambling every week. You guys got us to episode 100.
"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

http://www.conspiratorbrock.com/
Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby Walzo » Mar 22nd, 2013 @ 4:34am

So Andy Diggle and Josh Hale Fialkov leave DC, while Neil Gaiman and Angela enter Marvel. Also, a supposed Warren Ellis Avengers Comic.
Walzo

Postby Master Higgins » Mar 25th, 2013 @ 10:30pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 101 (2013-03-25)
Podcast listener Connor Sheehan joins us this week as we discuss Connor’s Secret Origin, Neil Gaiman back at Marvel, listener emails, guilty pleasures, Saga, DC’s Infinite Crisis MOBA, and our epic DC meltdown discussion. Starring Ryan Higgins, Brock Sager, Connor Sheehan, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 36m 04s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby karubah » Mar 26th, 2013 @ 7:57am

Man, you guys are throwing fire about the DC editors. Did not realize the editor who almost ruined Marvel in the 90's was with DC now.

Charlie -- Image
karubah

Postby bitblockader » Mar 26th, 2013 @ 12:56pm

Master Higgins wrote:LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 101 (2013-03-25)
Podcast listener Connor Sheehan joins us this week as we discuss Connor’s Secret Origin, Neil Gaiman back at Marvel, listener emails, guilty pleasures, Saga, DC’s Infinite Crisis MOBA, and our epic DC meltdown discussion. Starring Ryan Higgins, Brock Sager, Connor Sheehan, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 36m 04s

great discussion
bitblockader

Postby comicsanddakine » Mar 26th, 2013 @ 1:04pm

GSP as Batroc!! Best casting evar! Tony Stark?!!? BORING...I would party with Victor Von Doom. Thankfully we have Hickman and Waid to enjoy on Marvel--fucking DC!!!!
comicsanddakine

Postby Insanityinchaos » Mar 26th, 2013 @ 2:02pm

karubah wrote:Man, you guys are throwing fire about the DC editors. Did not realize the editor who almost ruined Marvel in the 90's was with DC now.

Charlie -- Image

Every once in a while something makes me want to reply. Today it was that animated gif :)
Insanityinchaos

Postby jw_6179 » Mar 28th, 2013 @ 5:05pm

Hitman was a fucking amazing series. If you only read one Hitman story, dig up "Zombie Night at the Gotham City Aquarium". It can stand alone relatively well, and it's probably the funniest shit in the entire run.
jw_6179

Postby kenzo » Mar 29th, 2013 @ 2:12pm

Playing catchup. Episode 100 was pretty good. I was going to stop by the CC that day but didn't. Still listening to 101 and all I have to say about that is I'm disappointed with the 'who would you party with' answers. I would totally party with the entire Warriors Bar on Oa. How could any party top partying with the ENTIRE GREEN LANTERN CORPS AND GUY GARDNER???
kenzo

Postby Master Higgins » Apr 1st, 2013 @ 9:47pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 102 (2013-04-01)
WonderCon happened, and nothing of importance was announced, so instead, we discuss confusion about John Constantine, how stupid April Fools is, back issue pricing, Booster Gold rumors, organizing New 52 comics, comic backlogs, reading soundtrack, The Wolverine trailers, JSA, Age of Ultron spoilers, Marvel Infinity, and Bruce Timm leaving the DCU animated universe. Starring Ryan Higgins, Omar Brodrick, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, and Toby Sidler.
Running Time: 1h 08m 49s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby kenzo » Apr 1st, 2013 @ 10:48pm

Omar, I've been to one of those coffee shops. They're fuckin' awful. We just wanted coffee one day; they were the only place around. The coffee was overpriced and tasted awful. And the chicks weren't even hot. Shittiest, sleaziest, grossest shit ever.
kenzo

Postby comicsanddakine » Apr 2nd, 2013 @ 11:12am

kenzo wrote:Omar, I've been to one of those coffee shops. They're fuckin' awful. We just wanted coffee one day; they were the only place around. The coffee was overpriced and tasted awful. And the chicks weren't even hot. Shittiest, sleaziest, grossest shit ever.
comicsanddakine

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics