Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: The Comic Conspiracy Podcast Discussion Thread

Postby CellarDoor » Feb 6th, 2014 @ 7:50pm

Enjoyed this weeks episode. I just wanted to comment on the trailer talk. I couldn't agree with Higgins more. That Avenger trailer with the hulk totally spoiled that part for me in the movie while I was watching in the theater, I even remember turning to the person I was with and saying "well, he's not gonna die cuz hulks about to catch him." I wish I could go with Bryce's method of not watching trailers at all but I just can't do that. Ever since that Avengers incident, I only allow myself to watch the first trailer released, and I find this to be the best of both worlds of getting a little tease of an awesome movie coming up without potentially spoiling something for myself.

P.S. You just had to pick a digital comic for the book of the month... I have no tablet, my phone is too small and reading on the computer is definitely not ideal.
CellarDoor

Postby kenzo » Feb 6th, 2014 @ 7:56pm

CellarDoor wrote:...reading on the computer is definitely not ideal.
#FirstWorldProblems
kenzo

Postby CellarDoor » Feb 6th, 2014 @ 7:57pm

kenzo wrote:
CellarDoor wrote:...reading on the computer is definitely not ideal.
#FirstWorldProblems

You may be right, but you can't argue
CellarDoor

Postby Master Higgins » Feb 10th, 2014 @ 10:45pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 145 (2014-02-10)
This week, we discuss Geoff Johns and John Romita Jr taking over Superman, Preacher and DMZ tv shows, Gotham gets its first actor, Image #1 sales, Punisher #1, Ms. Marvel #1, Justice League: War, and JLA: Trapped in Time. Starring Ryan Higgins, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 10m 31s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby kenzo » Feb 11th, 2014 @ 4:19am

Higgins! I didn't get to ask you in time for the podcast. What do you think of the DC Steampunk variant covers for this week??? ;-)
kenzo

Postby Master Higgins » Feb 11th, 2014 @ 7:14am

kenzo wrote:Higgins! I didn't get to ask you in time for the podcast. What do you think of the DC Steampunk variant covers for this week??? ;-)

We only got a few in, they're whatever. Better than the shitty B&W covers DC had been putting out for the last 2 years.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Feb 17th, 2014 @ 10:46pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 146 (2014-02-17)
This week, we discuss All-New Marvel NOW! quick reviews, Learning to Crawl, Spider-Man 2099, Batman #28 spoilers, The Lego Movie, advertising in comics, Toy Fair, and Walking Dead. Starring Ryan Higgins, Omar Brodrick, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 17m 30s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby kenzo » Feb 17th, 2014 @ 10:55pm

I can't wait to hear Toby's meltdown when he realizes that Blue Bird is the replacement of a soon to be dead Nightwing. Or Omar jizz his pants about Batman's new harem.
kenzo

Postby karubah » Feb 19th, 2014 @ 7:28am

Good episode.

Anyone see the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer last night? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTZ2Tp9yXyM

karubah

Postby Master Higgins » Feb 19th, 2014 @ 12:06pm

Fucking incredible.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby LiQuid » Feb 19th, 2014 @ 12:12pm

Looks corny as fuck.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Feb 19th, 2014 @ 12:13pm

It'll probably be alright.
LiQuid

Postby Master Higgins » Feb 24th, 2014 @ 11:21pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 147 (2014-02-24)
This week, we're joined with customer and friend Chris Phillips as we discuss his Secret Origin, "old comics", The Warriors, The New Warriors, Guardians of the Galaxy trailer, and some listener questions. Starring Ryan Higgins, Bryce Larsen, Chris Phillips, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 13m 52s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby kenzo » Feb 27th, 2014 @ 4:47pm

Higgins, how do you feel about the end of Batman & Robin 28??
kenzo

Postby Master Higgins » Feb 28th, 2014 @ 12:55pm

I don't think anyone's talking about it because no one expects it'll last?
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby kenzo » Feb 28th, 2014 @ 1:12pm

I mean, I dont expect it to last, nothing ever does in comics. But it was a really fucking good issue and a really well scripted death scene. It's comical how much better Batman and Robin is compared to the rest of the new 52.
kenzo

Postby JEKKI » Mar 1st, 2014 @ 2:28pm

I picked up those Gotham Sirens last nite! hopefully I can read em by the time the episode comes!

that'll be the first book club I read before the episode since All Star Superman =P

in other book club news, I finished Tales of Sand a few weeks ago!

it was great, but I don't love it, mostly due to the lack of an overarching plot and any type of conflict/resolution structure.

but it'll be a nice book to share with other ppl regardless!

also fnished X Men Messiah Complex last nite, slowly making my way to Second Coming.

Messiah Complex was real good tho! waaaaay better than the terrible Battle of the Atom and including a ton of characters who I have no idea who they are lol
JEKKI

Postby Master Higgins » Mar 3rd, 2014 @ 11:12pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 148 (2014-03-03)
This week, we answer some listener questions, talk about Batman: Arkham Knights, the Image Comics ComicsPro address, and discuss the Comic Conspiracy's Book Club pick of the month Gotham City Sirens: Union. Starring Ryan Higgins, Omar Brodrick, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 29m 42s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby karubah » Mar 4th, 2014 @ 10:49am

Brock is right. For Batman Arkham Origins you do have to complete challenges to unlock Batman's skills and equipment. For an average player I can see them getting at least half the items, but only people who are obsessive completionists will make the effort to replay the game over and over again to unlock everything. I beat the game with about 80% of everything unlocked, but found it impossible to get some achievements completed because it requires specific battles to be completed in certain ways.

The big problem with that is that the battles cannot be repeated, so if something goes wrong such as the enemies getting stuck in the level geometry you are screwed. The fights cannot be repeated as enemies do not respawn and there is an autosave feature so you cannot retry fights(on a side note save files becoming corrupted is still an issue. If I remember right Ryan Scott talked about this on a Geekbox episode.) If anyone is worried they will be underpowered by not being able to unlock all of Batman's skills and equipment - the game introduces a pair of electrified gauntlets for Batman that pretty much makes him godlike. So honestly I would suggest skipping Batman Arkham Origins as it a poorly designed and constructed installment in the series.

Has anyone seen the Batman: Arkham Knight trailer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkuD0Inb9Gs
karubah

Postby darfox8 » Mar 4th, 2014 @ 8:54pm

This episode was hilarious. Higgins only wanted to rage against this guy's hypocritical rant and Omar just wanted to defend him based on his accomplishes and successes.

Made me want to read GC Sirens.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby CrossXhunteR » Mar 5th, 2014 @ 4:39pm

Higgins, can't believe you didn't talk about the crazy guy burning his kickstarter books on the podcast.
CrossXhunteR

Postby comicsanddakine » Mar 5th, 2014 @ 5:15pm

darfox8 wrote:This episode was hilarious. Higgins only wanted to rage against this guy's hypocritical rant and Omar just wanted to defend him based on his accomplishes and successes.

Made me want to read GC Sirens.

Yes and FYI Higgins- a few hundred < 600+ people at Imageexpo http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-t ... deals.html
comicsanddakine

Postby CrossXhunteR » Mar 5th, 2014 @ 5:17pm

Waiting to see how many of those are actually successful. Also, I don't care that Grant Morrison might have offered Chris Burnham the equivalent of 1 million dollars, that guys art is ass. As is Frazer Irving's art.
CrossXhunteR

Postby comicsanddakine » Mar 5th, 2014 @ 6:14pm

CrossXhunteR wrote:Waiting to see how many of those are actually successful. Also, I don't care that Grant Morrison might have offered Chris Burnham the equivalent of 1 million dollars, that guys art is ass. As is Frazer Irving's art.
Whoa!!! Harsh words man, what illustrators do it for you?
comicsanddakine

Postby CrossXhunteR » Mar 5th, 2014 @ 6:20pm

Those dudes got some ug-ass art. I like plenty of people's art and will tolerate almost everyone. I will begrudgingly read a Burnham book just to see the story, but Irving is an immediate time to not read a book. He ruined Batman and Robin for three months a few years ago. Along that point, I hope I never have to read any book drawn by Brett Booth ever again. I have liked his work, but is all so similar and the bright colors have now started to turn me off the books he does. Kinda Sucks that he will be taking over for Manapul and Boosh on Flash, but at least it gives me a reason to read Detective comics again.
CrossXhunteR

Postby Master Higgins » Mar 10th, 2014 @ 10:00pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 149 (2014-03-10)
This week, we welcome the Bay Area Heroclix Realm Open Championship winner Randy Garcia to the podcast as we discuss his Secret Origin, help out a new comic reader, Dynamite comics, answer some Twitter questions, and the Heroclix ROC! Starring Ryan Higgins, Omar Brodrick, Randy Garcia, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 12m 28s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby darfox8 » Mar 11th, 2014 @ 10:43am

Wow... shaking my head. Yaw be the most homophobic weirdos around. Omar be like, "I ain't gay I ain't gay I don't watch that gay Arrow shit." Total case of the notgays. Heroclix-guy should just buck up and watch Arrow. Don't catch the notgays off of your bro Omar. Just because they show Arrow working out for 15 seconds in an episode doesn't make you gay don't worry. Even if you like it it doesn't make you gay. No I swear I'm not gay.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby kevinep3 » Mar 12th, 2014 @ 2:37pm

darfox8 wrote:Wow... shaking my head. Yaw be the most homophobic weirdos around. Omar be like, "I ain't gay I ain't gay I don't watch that gay Arrow shit." Total case of the notgays. Heroclix-guy should just buck up and watch Arrow. Don't catch the notgays off of your bro Omar. Just because they show Arrow working out for 15 seconds in an episode doesn't make you gay don't worry. Even if you like it it doesn't make you gay. No I swear I'm not gay.

yeah like what the fuck guys. also this is literally the only gay thing in the entire show
psn:kevinep331, xbl:kevinep3, steam:kevinep3
kevinep3

Postby Master Higgins » Mar 18th, 2014 @ 9:52pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 150 (2014-03-17)
This week, we welcome listener Mike Campbell to the podcast, as we discuss his Secret Origin, Brian K Vaughan, Original Sin, more Marvel movies, Marvel 2014 events, Forever Evil delays, Grant Gustin's Flash costume, DC Comics rumored to buy Dynamite Entertainment, and some listener questions. Starring Ryan Higgins, Mike Campbell, Brock Sager, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 05m 27s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby LiQuid » Mar 18th, 2014 @ 10:01pm

Better late than never.