Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: The Comic Conspiracy Podcast Discussion Thread

Postby LiQuid » Jan 15th, 2015 @ 10:57pm

Holy shit ROLF @ last week when the guys tried their hand at discussing actual prose literature instead of manbaby coloring books for five minutes. Propers to Bryce for actually having read a book in his life, but minus 10 points for liking Catcher. :lol:
LiQuid

Postby Master Higgins » Jan 17th, 2015 @ 5:53pm

LiQuid wrote:Holy shit ROLF @ last week when the guys tried their hand at discussing actual prose literature instead of manbaby coloring books for five minutes. Propers to Bryce for actually having read a book in his life, but minus 10 points for liking Catcher. :lol:

That's why I don't even pretend.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby LiQuid » Jan 17th, 2015 @ 6:04pm

It kind of boggles my mind that you aren't even familiar with the concept of Holden Caulfield and premise of the book. It's such a widely referenced piece of work. The book itself is a piece of shit and Holden Caulfield is a terrible character, but he's kind of the poster boy for disaffected youth and the popular media that panders to them. I would have thought that would have been right up your alley back when you wore eye liner and trench coats and shit.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jan 17th, 2015 @ 6:05pm

I guess it kind of boggles my mind more than Brock claims to have actually read the book and still doesn't have a clue, but I think he might have just been having trouble expressing himself which is kind of par for the course with the Brockster.
LiQuid

Postby Master Higgins » Jan 18th, 2015 @ 10:27am

LiQuid wrote:It kind of boggles my mind that you aren't even familiar with the concept of Holden Caulfield and premise of the book. It's such a widely referenced piece of work. The book itself is a piece of shit and Holden Caulfield is a terrible character, but he's kind of the poster boy for disaffected youth and the popular media that panders to them. I would have thought that would have been right up your alley back when you wore eye liner and trench coats and shit.

I did read On The Road, I remember liking that quite a bit, but I was never a disenfranchised youth, always middle-class white kid. I just liked the music :lol:
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby LiQuid » Jan 18th, 2015 @ 10:29am

You my friend are what is referred to as a "poseur."
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jan 18th, 2015 @ 1:18pm

Who isn't a poseur doe?
kenzo

Postby Master Higgins » Jan 19th, 2015 @ 10:43pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 193 (2015-01-19)
This week, we discuss All-New, All Different Avengers, announcing the announcement of the announcement to end all announcements, Convergence solicitations, Star Wars #1, Unbeatable Squirrel-Girl #1, Ant-Man #1, and listener questions. Starring Ryan Higgins, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 18m 43s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Jan 25th, 2015 @ 10:31pm

Hey guys, I won't be here when the new episode goes up tomorrow night, so go check the front page to get the new episode tomorrow night at 8pm! I'll update the posts when I get back :D
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Feb 2nd, 2015 @ 10:46pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 195 (2015-02-02)
This week, we discuss the end of the Ultimate Universe, Secret Wars is not a reboot, Titans cast, superhero Super Bowl bet, Disney’s Character Dining, the Dream Suite, Dying & The Dead, and Escape from Attack on Titan. Starring Ryan Higgins, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 19m 52s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Feb 9th, 2015 @ 11:14pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 196 (2015-02-09)
This week, Ryan preempts the podcast to let people know Spider-Man is coming to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and then we discuss the DC retailer meeting, new Convergence details, Divergence, The New 24, and the Comic Conspiracy Book Club Pick of the Month: Garth Ennis’ Hitman. Starring Ryan Higgins, Brock Sager, and Toby Sidler.
Running Time: 1h 25m 52s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby darfox8 » Feb 10th, 2015 @ 6:52am

First I got excited that Spider-Man is in the MCU, but then I realized that it won't be better than the Sam Raimi films so who cares.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby Sean Brenner » Feb 11th, 2015 @ 2:22pm

I've never read a single comic book yet I love comics per say and I listen to The Comic Conspiracy. I just grew up on Marvel toys, video-games,colouring books and movies. I experience almost all the aspects of the comic book world minus the actual books. Love the show, the personalities make it all the better. Keep up the good work guys :)
Sean Brenner

Postby Master Higgins » Feb 16th, 2015 @ 10:57pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 197 (2015-02-16)
This week, we discuss Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Star Wars and Wolverines sales, Bendis off X-Men, more Book Club talk, Flash and Arrow recent episodes, and Constantine season finale. Starring Ryan Higgins, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 22m 10s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Feb 23rd, 2015 @ 11:15pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 198 (2015-02-23)
This week, we discuss comics in the 2015 Oscars, Comic-Con tickets, Uncanny X-Men recent stories, and the Comic Conspiracy Book Club Pick of the Month, Daytripper. Starring Ryan Higgins, Jim Jokisch, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 12m 31s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby kenzo » Feb 23rd, 2015 @ 11:41pm

Master Higgins wrote:This week, we discuss comics in the 2015 Oscars...
Yearly "Why aren't my shitty generic comic book movies getting oscar accolades!?" rant inbound. What's the time-stamp so I can skip this conversation. :twisted:
kenzo

Postby Master Higgins » Feb 24th, 2015 @ 8:59am

kenzo wrote:
Master Higgins wrote:This week, we discuss comics in the 2015 Oscars...
Yearly "Why aren't my shitty generic comic book movies getting oscar accolades!?" rant inbound. What's the time-stamp so I can skip this conversation. :twisted:

Kind of the opposite, but that's for playing.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby CrossXhunteR » Feb 24th, 2015 @ 9:51am

Typo? Also, you guys did kind of mention that with regards to no comic movies winning their effects Oscar nominations.
CrossXhunteR

Postby kenzo » Feb 24th, 2015 @ 1:28pm

Master Higgins wrote:Kind of the opposite...
Did you guys get hype for Big Hero 6 then? Because I'd honestly find that even more insufferable.
kenzo

Postby Master Higgins » Feb 24th, 2015 @ 5:00pm

kenzo wrote:
Master Higgins wrote:Kind of the opposite...
Did you guys get hype for Big Hero 6 then? Because I'd honestly find that even more insufferable.

I liked it, but it wasn't the best movie ever.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Mar 2nd, 2015 @ 10:26pm

Starting next week with Episode #200, we’ll be moving recording dates from Monday night to Tuesday nights! This move will allow us to cover more current news, as Tuesday is often a busy day for comic news breaking, as well as occasionally covering major new releases for the following Wednesday’s New Comic Day releases. Now we won’t be a week late covering major news stories! Look for Episode #200 next week on our regular new day, Tuesday.

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 199 (2015-03-02)
This week, we discuss a new release day for the podcast, the Coffee Conspiracy, variant covers, Onslaught, Aquaman in Batman v Superman, and Leonard Nimoy. Starring Ryan Higgins, Jim Jokisch, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 25m 41s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby kenzo » Mar 2nd, 2015 @ 11:32pm

Master Higgins wrote:...and Leonard Nimoy.
RIP you magnificent bastard. Looking forward to catching up with the CC. Not looking forwards to catching up with the GB. You guys should gag and Ryan Scott so you can have a retard-free episode dedicated to Star Trek/Spock.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Mar 2nd, 2015 @ 11:36pm

Dude, kenzo just fucking quit now. I will let you know if it ever gets better. This latest episode was wall to wall amibos and warcraft. I was not kidding when I said I killed myself before. I am actually dead and The Geekbox is to blame.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Mar 3rd, 2015 @ 12:01am

I've been catching up with all these Geekbox shows (about 3 months behind because life) and my one takeaway listening to all these episodes back-to-back-to-back.... Is there a way we can move Fitch onto the Comedy Button? Because he'd be an AMAZING dunce for the guys to play off of. At the very least, more vocal and thus prone to foot-in-mouth-disease than Ryan Scott.
kenzo

Postby Master Higgins » Mar 4th, 2015 @ 3:51pm

You two are going to love this weeks episode of Geekbox...
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby kenzo » Mar 4th, 2015 @ 8:00pm

Master Higgins wrote:You two are going to love this weeks episode of Geekbox...
:(

Catching up with 3 mo old CC episodes. Higgins, your ramblings about Pax Americana were great. Amazing even. If only the people on the Geekbox would give Adam the same space and breath to do the same once and a while. I also face-palmed like, 5 times IRL, when Brock completely missed the point of The Just. Yeah, the characters are unlikeable. Yeah, the trendy internet shit is stupid. THAT'S THE POINT. That's a broken world that should die, and the payoff in the end when everything goes to shit is amazing.

It was also really really sad to hear Brock lovingly swoon over the mere idea of an Outsiders reference, and people enjoying a badass Alfred in their Batman-less Batman show Gotham - meanwhile there's a whole cartoon actual Batman show that is 100% about Batman forming the Outsiders, Alfred being Jason Statham, and Barbara Gordon being Oracle. SMH. You guys don't realize what you're missing.
kenzo

Postby Master Higgins » Mar 6th, 2015 @ 7:34pm

kenzo wrote:
Master Higgins wrote:You two are going to love this weeks episode of Geekbox...
:(

Catching up with 3 mo old CC episodes. Higgins, your ramblings about Pax Americana were great. Amazing even. If only the people on the Geekbox would give Adam the same space and breath to do the same once and a while. I also face-palmed like, 5 times IRL, when Brock completely missed the point of The Just. Yeah, the characters are unlikeable. Yeah, the trendy internet shit is stupid. THAT'S THE POINT. That's a broken world that should die, and the payoff in the end when everything goes to shit is amazing.

It was also really really sad to hear Brock lovingly swoon over the mere idea of an Outsiders reference, and people enjoying a badass Alfred in their Batman-less Batman show Gotham - meanwhile there's a whole cartoon actual Batman show that is 100% about Batman forming the Outsiders, Alfred being Jason Statham, and Barbara Gordon being Oracle. SMH. You guys don't realize what you're missing.

God, the delays of Ryan putting up the podcast makes it even that much more sweet.

Thanks for listening me rant like a madman for 30 minutes :lol: I hope I made some level of sense. And yeah, I think Brock missed the point of The Just, as well. They're annoying social media whores.

And unlike Ryan Scott and Arrow, I gave Beware the Batman a good number of episodes. Thought the animation was garbage, and the stories were just bad. Nothing worked for me.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby CrossXhunteR » Mar 6th, 2015 @ 7:44pm

How did you even watch GL:TAS then?
CrossXhunteR

Postby kenzo » Mar 6th, 2015 @ 9:11pm

CrossXhunteR wrote:How did you even watch GL:TAS then?
Because there's never been a GL cartoon for him to continually reference Beware the Batman against and complain that it wasn't as good as something else he wanted.

Dawg, I'm not going to argue with you about Beware the Bat being ugly, because it's ugly as shit. 3DCG nightmare of a show. But that's American animation today, and you should learn to live with it. This is the natural outcome of all your shitty Pixar and Dreamworks films. It's a necessary evil to put up with in order to get a new Batman cartoon. And I'll tell you what. Beware the Batman isn't nearly as ugly as some of these Batman comics you've had me reading lately. I'll take BtB over the pile of ass that is Batman: Eternal that I'm reading every week.

This picture kills me every time:
Spoiler: show

But I will fight you IRL for saying the stories were bad. Stories were actually amazing. Again, I don't know how you can praise Gotham for doing a half-assed version of all these amazing things that Beware the Batman did a few years ago. Some day, you'll go back and finish that show and eat a giant pile of crow for how wrong you are. And when that day comes I won't even be mad or hold it over you, I'll just bro-hug it out because now there will be more people in the world who realize that was a great show and feel the pain of knowing we'll never see a S2 of its greatness.
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Mar 8th, 2015 @ 4:56am

Finally got to Omar's send-off. GG you glorious bastard, try not to get too fat on delicious, delicious island-food. Fuckin' Saimin and deepfried shit all day.

Wait, what? Omar's a LAKERS and Kobe fan!? He actually watches Talking Dead???? Ship him the fuck outta here, you're dead to me bro. Bon voyage! :mrgreen:
kenzo

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics