Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: The Comic Conspiracy Podcast Discussion Thread

Postby kenzo » Oct 11th, 2016 @ 8:59am

Hey Higgins, read about the vandalism/robbery. Super shitty. My condolences. Will your insurance cover all this bullshit? Hope this hasn't disrupted your business too much.
kenzo

Postby Master Higgins » Oct 11th, 2016 @ 5:20pm

kenzo wrote:Hey Higgins, read about the vandalism/robbery. Super shitty. My condolences. Will your insurance cover all this bullshit? Hope this hasn't disrupted your business too much.

Thanks! The stuff covered is just about the same as our deductible, so no coverage there. It sucks, but we cleaned up fast and never lost a minute of business. Just some sleep. :lol:
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Oct 11th, 2016 @ 10:34pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 281 (2016-10-11)
This week, we discuss Red Dwarf, burglary, new Batwoman series, Justice League/Power Rangers, Power Rangers trailer, Suicide Squad vs Justice League pricing, America, comic industry growth, Ninjak vs The Valiant Universe, win free Valiant comics, Flash and Arrow premieres, Marvel’s Rebirth dream teams, and listener questions. Starring Ryan Higgins, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 39m 17s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Oct 18th, 2016 @ 10:21pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 282 (2016-10-18)
This week, we discuss September 2016 Diamond Comics sales charts, Great Lakes Avengers, Mosaic, Solo, Iceman, Weapon X, comic books that shouldn’t exist, Supergirl & Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 premieres, and listener questions. Starring Ryan Higgins, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, and Toby Sidler.
Running Time: 1h 33m 46s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Oct 25th, 2016 @ 9:53pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 283 (2016-10-25)
This week, we discuss Steve Dillon, variant cover overkill, X-Men Blue & Gold, Logan trailer, listener questions, and Walking Dead Season 7 premiere spoiler talk. Starring Ryan Higgins, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 25m 53s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Nov 1st, 2016 @ 9:47pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 284 (2016-11-01)
This week, we finish up our DC Comics Rebirth launch talk with discussions about All-Star Batman, Blue Beetle, Batgirl & the Birds of Prey, Deathstroke, Harley Quinn, Hellblazer, Red Hood & the Outlaws, Supergirl, Suicide Squad, Superwoman, Batman Beyond, Cyborg, Teen Titans, and Trinity. Starring Ryan Higgins, Brock Sager, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 21m 11s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Nov 15th, 2016 @ 11:09pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 285 (2016-11-15)
We're back! This week, we discuss where Charlie gets those wonderful toys, October 2016 Diamond Comics sales charts, Inhumans tv show, Justice League Dark trailer, the Doctor Strange movie, and listener questions. Starring Ryan Higgins, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 32m 40s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Nov 22nd, 2016 @ 10:56pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 286 (2016-11-22)
This week, we discuss Bryce's spontaneous Thanksgiving, Black Bolt, Death of X, Image Comics 25th Anniversary, and lots of listener questions. Starring Ryan Higgins, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 24m 25s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Nov 29th, 2016 @ 11:05pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 287 (2016-11-29)
This week, we discuss Black Friday, Riverdale, Justice League Action, X-Men creative teams, listener questions, and Bryce really wants this episode to never end. Starring Ryan Higgins, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 32m 35s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Dec 6th, 2016 @ 11:05pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 288 (2016-12-06)
This week, we discuss Rebirth hardcovers, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 trailer, CW DC crossover, Civil War 2 politics, lots of listener questions, and random Death of X talk. Starring Ryan Higgins, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 33m 56s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby jw_6179 » Dec 7th, 2016 @ 10:20pm

Captain Marvel is the villain of Civil War II because the writing for her motivations and the logic of her actions are just awful. I absolutely don't believe she's being written as the villain, but just like Tony Stark in Civil War, it's quite obvious what perspective the authors believe in and they aren't really able to create a narrative justification for the opposing view.
jw_6179

Postby Master Higgins » Dec 13th, 2016 @ 10:35pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 289 (2016-12-13)
This week, we discuss November 2016 Diamond Comics sales charts, inflating sales figures, Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer, Gotham City Sirens, Suicide Squad vs The Banana Splits, and a bunch of listener questions. Starring Ryan Higgins, Brock Sager, and Toby Sidler.
Running Time: 1h 07m 03s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby jesseewiak » Dec 14th, 2016 @ 12:50pm

Since Higgins called the SM trailer boring and literally everybody else I've seen on the Internet has loved it, I'll assume this will be another Marvel movie, like Civil War and Dr. Strange that makes tons of money and gets 90%+ RT ratings that Higgins will try to make the argument is bad or boring.
jesseewiak

Postby pacino » Dec 20th, 2016 @ 12:32pm

if it's Marvel, it sucks!

just need to remember that when you listen to the podcast
pacino

Postby pacino » Dec 20th, 2016 @ 12:34pm

pacino wrote:Marvel struggling? Bad news for Marvel.

Marvel selling lots of books? Bad news for Marvel.

one year later, this still holds true. Whatever the sales charts say it's just bad news for Marvel. Marvel just sucks. It's terrible and does everything wrong.
pacino

Postby Master Higgins » Dec 21st, 2016 @ 12:50am

pacino wrote:
pacino wrote:Marvel struggling? Bad news for Marvel.

Marvel selling lots of books? Bad news for Marvel.

one year later, this still holds true. Whatever the sales charts say it's just bad news for Marvel. Marvel just sucks. It's terrible and does everything wrong.

...Bryce?!?
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Dec 21st, 2016 @ 1:08am

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 290 (2016-12-20)
This week, we present part one of our two-part Best of 2016 episode! We discuss some of our favorite things from 2016, including our top 3 comic book television shows and top 3 comic book movies, as well as lots of honorable mentions and some of our favorite other geeky things from this past year. Starring Ryan Higgins, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 47m 29s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Dec 27th, 2016 @ 8:10pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 291 (2016-12-27)
This week, we present part two of our two-part Best of 2016 episode! We discuss our top 3 independent comics, top 3 Marvel Comics, and top 3 DC Comics titles of 2016. Starring Ryan Higgins, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 47m 29s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Jan 3rd, 2017 @ 11:33pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 292 (2017-01-03)
This week, we discuss the new year, Geoff Johns teases 2017 releases, Civil War II ending, 2016 sales at Comics Conspiracy, and a ton of listener questions. Starring Ryan Higgins, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 48m 55s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Jan 11th, 2017 @ 10:45pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 293 (2017-01-10)
This week, we discuss Oscar the Grouch's TARDIS, new Justice League image, Constantine animated series, Captain America's Secret Empire, no more digital codes in Marvel comic books, and tons of listener questions. Starring Ryan Higgins, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 36m 57s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Jan 24th, 2017 @ 11:48pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 294 (2017-01-24)
This week, we discuss the Comic Conspiracy fumetti, swearing a lot, the December 2016 Diamond Comics sales charts, Monsters Unleashed, The Crew, Marvel’s Free Comic Book Day titles, Batman/Flash crossover, DC’s digital codes, and a bunch of listener questions. Starring Ryan Higgins, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, and Toby Sidler.
Running Time: 1h 37m 01s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Jan 31st, 2017 @ 11:35pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 295 (2017-01-31)
This week, we discuss Marvel's digital code feedback, Bernie Wrightson, Affleck not directing Batman, Music Meister, Moon Girl, the Riverdale pilot, and a bunch of listener questions. Starring Ryan Higgins, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 36m 02s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby GiantAsianMan » Feb 9th, 2017 @ 11:19am

I can't believe I'm agreeing (in a way) with Bryce, but Higgins and Brock are completely off-base with their view of the Marvel-Fox situation. It's not about licensing agreements or direct effect or whatever; it's all about Q rating. Marvel wants their movie rights back, plain and simple. Fox (and Sony, for that matter) retains those movie rights as long as they keep producing movies on them. If they don't have projects in active development for a period of time (10 years for some IP's), those rights automatically revert back to Marvel (that's how they got Davedevil, Elektra, etc. back). What Marvel is thinking is if no one cares about a character, they'll stop making movies about said character. And right or wrong, Marvel sees their comics as free advertising for properties whose movie rights they don't own. Why devalue mutants and force Inhumans to the foreground? Because they don't own the rights to use the word "mutant" outside of the comics. Why drop the Fantastic Four? So no one goes to see a Fantastic Four movie and it bombs (which happened, of course, but that had very little to do with Marvel's strategy and everything to do with Fox making a piece of shit movie), and then they never make another one (which, after the latest one, I really hope happens). It's completely indirect and passive aggressive, and actually kind of petty. But it's all connected in Marvel's mind- no comics leads to no public awareness leads to no movies leads to getting the movie rights back. If Marvel had a successful Fantastic Four book, you know Fox would churn out another Fantastic Four movie, and that would restart the rights-ownership clock again. Marvel doesn't want that, so they won't tempt fate by even having a Fantastic Four comic. Is it cutting off the nose to spite the face? Probably. Just don't act like rights ownership plays no part in their decision making process.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby Master Higgins » Feb 22nd, 2017 @ 1:12pm

GAM,

I understand all that, but I partially disagree. A successful FF comic means NOTHING to Fox. The bomb of the recent Fox movie made waaaay more money than all FF comics over the past two decades combined. And as I stated in the episode, I agree with everything you said, I just don't care. The movies can screw themselves, I want a Fantastic Four comic.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

New fan

Postby Khajjopanaka » Mar 23rd, 2017 @ 7:16pm

HI, just started listening to the show and now i'm binging through the previous episodes (I'm only at 217)
I've also just started getting into comics. I'm 40 years old and everything i know is from television 1992-2006 (Batman The Animated Series, Justice League+Unlimited, and X-Men)
Never got into Superman except for in JL. And never got into anything from Marvel (still don't). But i must say I always had lots of love for Batman The Animated Series and the Justice League Shows.
I'm really pleased to see so much comic book stuff becoming more popular but television really isn't my thing (CW, Fox, etc... barf) and I'm finding the movies that have been coming out leading up to a JL thing to be disappointing.

Can you offer some words to give me some hope? thanks!!!!!

BTW I love Bryce! Don't ever change!
Khajjopanaka

Re: New fan

Postby Khajjopanaka » Mar 29th, 2017 @ 3:37pm

Khajjopanaka wrote:HI, just started listening to the show and now i'm binging through the previous episodes (I'm only at 217)
I've also just started getting into comics. I'm 40 years old and everything i know is from television 1992-2006 (Batman The Animated Series, Justice League+Unlimited, and X-Men)
Never got into Superman except for in JL. And never got into anything from Marvel (still don't). But i must say I always had lots of love for Batman The Animated Series and the Justice League Shows.
I'm really pleased to see so much comic book stuff becoming more popular but television really isn't my thing (CW, Fox, etc... barf) and I'm finding the movies that have been coming out leading up to a JL thing to be disappointing.

Can you offer some words to give me some hope? thanks!!!!!

BTW I love Bryce! Don't ever change!

So, after listening to many more episodes I've learned that my question here is all too common. Allow me to rephrase it now.

Do you guys believe that DC/JL cinema will get better? Why? Why not?
Khajjopanaka

Previous
Forum Statistics