Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: The Comic Conspiracy Podcast Discussion Thread

Postby Master Higgins » Mar 2nd, 2016 @ 12:48am

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 250 (2016-03-01)
This week, we discuss Brock’s wedding, Batman v Superman tickets, CGC, what Legion characters we want on TV, Disney buying Warner Bros., DC Rebirth price point, BvS predictions, and the long-awaited return of Random Picks of the Week! Starring Ryan Higgins, Brock Sager, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 25m 15s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby macharborguy » Mar 2nd, 2016 @ 10:08am

Longtime listener of the podcast, new to the forums.

I am kind of wondering why people think a Flash/Arrow/Supergirl crossover is so amazing in the area of them being on two television networks. CBS and CW. Have people forgot that the C in CW stands for CBS? CBS/Warner. Its not like Supergirl is on NBC or a network not attached to the CW in any way. The cross over of a Warner/DC property between two networks owned, or jointly owned by CBS (and in the case of The CW, CBS and Warner), just makes sense.
macharborguy

Postby LiQuid » Mar 2nd, 2016 @ 11:00am

Eh, wasn't Constantine on one of those shows too? That was on NBC show. I don't know if I would consider it "amazing" but it certainly is kind of cool that all these networks are "small screen" showrunners are doing a better job making a DC comics crossover style universe than the movies are.
LiQuid

Postby Master Higgins » Mar 3rd, 2016 @ 8:20pm

macharborguy wrote:Longtime listener of the podcast, new to the forums.

I am kind of wondering why people think a Flash/Arrow/Supergirl crossover is so amazing in the area of them being on two television networks. CBS and CW. Have people forgot that the C in CW stands for CBS? CBS/Warner. Its not like Supergirl is on NBC or a network not attached to the CW in any way. The cross over of a Warner/DC property between two networks owned, or jointly owned by CBS (and in the case of The CW, CBS and Warner), just makes sense.

Even though they're a co-owner, the creators of the shows said they might not be able to do it. Different people run the different companies, and they might not see eye-to-eye? I don't know why it would be difficult, it's just always the answer we've heard.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Mar 9th, 2016 @ 12:02am

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 251 (2016-03-08)
This week, we welcome author, podcaster, and Haunted Mansion super-fan Jeff Baham to the podcast as we discuss his comic book Secret Origin, Disney Secret Origin, The Haunted Mansion, Marvel’s Haunted Mansion #1, and some listener questions. Starring Ryan Higgins, Jeff Baham, and Brock Sager.
Running Time: 1h 30m 54s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Mar 16th, 2016 @ 1:58pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 252 (2016-03-15)
This week, we’re joined by Nerds Without Pants Podcast host Julian Titus as we discuss his Secret Origins, Diamond Comics sales charts for February 2016, the new Civil War trailer, Spider-Man’s eyes, and Young Heroes in Comics. Starring Ryan Higgins, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, Julian Titus, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 49m 41s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Mar 22nd, 2016 @ 9:58pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 253 (2016-03-22)
This week, we discuss everyone dying in the Walking Dead, Daredevil Season 2, Silicon Valley Comic Con, a quick interview with Teddy Sears, listener questions, and a non-spoiler talk around about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Starring Ryan Higgins, Jim Jokisch, Chris Noyes, Brock Sager, and Toby Sidler.
Running Time: 1h 39m 49s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Mar 29th, 2016 @ 11:06pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 254 (2016-03-29)
This week, we discuss Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Starring Ryan Higgins, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, Kevin Sharp, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 2h 40m 06s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby LiQuid » Mar 29th, 2016 @ 11:55pm

Do you guys spend the first hour talking about your Superman secret origins?
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Mar 30th, 2016 @ 3:32am

Master Higgins wrote:Running Time: 2h 40m 06s
That's longer than the movie, ya?
kenzo

Postby Plark » Mar 30th, 2016 @ 12:08pm

kenzo wrote:
Master Higgins wrote:Running Time: 2h 40m 06s
That's longer than the movie, ya?

Don't know but I smiled and enjoyed it a lot more than BvS
Plark

Postby Master Higgins » Mar 31st, 2016 @ 11:36am

LiQuid wrote:Do you guys spend the first hour talking about your Superman secret origins?

:lol:
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Plark » Mar 31st, 2016 @ 3:47pm

Batman V Superman Feelings:

Ben Affleck: I think Ben Affleck did a great job, I don't think he's even close to Bale YET, but I don't blame him I blame the writing. He was awesome as Bruce Wayne and had the subtle egotistical/playboy feeling to him. Although I have to say, his tone throughout the movie was exactly the same the entire time. His emotion was just.. serious, and sometimes dull. (If I have to nitpick).

Henry Cavill: Didn't really get to see him act too much in this movie. I like him as Superman, enjoyed him in Man of Steel. Wouldn't say he was amazing, wouldn't say he was bad, just "meh". He really shined when he was Kent though, and especially his dialogue with Bruce Wayne at Lex's party.

Gal Gadot: This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think she sucked as Wonder Woman. Great as Diana, but terrible as Wonder Woman. She looked fantastic in the costume and her statue I feel was perfect, her acting felt over exaggerated like a 6th grader in a play. There was a point in the final fight scene where she hits her wrist-lets together and it felt like she was just uncomfortable. The other scenes with her in the final battle were whatever, wasn't in it enough for me to say she was a terrible actor, but I didn't think she was that great in it. Didn't have enough screen time.

Jesse Eisenberg: Killed it. Absolutely fucking killed it. He played the crazy ass millionaire so god damn good. He was INSANE, literally. He had that blank just fucking look in his face that made you think "What the hell is this guy going to do next?!". I loved the way he portrayed the part. Watching him was my favorite part of the movie.

Now for the movie itself, I feel like the movie was rushed even though is had been hyped for years. Naming is BvS was one of the worst ideas on the planet. They made a Man of Steel movie, why not make it "Batman: Dawn of Justice" and make the movie shorter and focus on his character and how it led up to him hating Superman so much? I think this is where the movie failed with most fans. I believe people went into the movie thinking this is going to be a panel by panel movie of Dark Knight Returns, which is OBVIOUSLY was not. I was personally expecting the awesome still from the movie that made us smile at our beloved "The Dark Knight Returns". How bad ass would it be to see this image on the big screens. Fuck I would have got hard immediately. They could have made this into so many more movies (Hate to reference and compare, but like Marvel Studios) and set up a terrific and climatic Justice League movie. And also, the death of superman? In 20 minutes? REALLY?!? Superman is hard to write as it is, by why in the FUCK would you take one of, if not the best Superman story and through it as an ending to a movie that doesn't know what it is in the first place?!? Doomsday was a fantastic villain, and I would have loved to see him on the big screen as the main villain for longer than 20 min. He looked fuckin sweet. I don't know why DC didn't take their time, I don't know how they're doing in the business end of things, I would ASSUME amazing, but it felt like this movie was to answer to the stockholders or someone holding the money. Unfortunately, DC will see this movie as a success because it made money. And that's exactly what Snyder does.. He makes movies that make bank. It's that simple and that's what WB and DC wanted I feel.

The flashback scenes are I think very overlooked. Although many think they were stupid and out of place, I think they will show up in other movies and will actually be important. If they don't then yeah, some of them were boring and out of place. I didn't need to see the origin of Batman again, we seen enough and I'm pretty sure the fans know who Batman is and what happened. 10 mins saved move on.

Now Ryan, for saying Marvel uses the same formula for every movie I believe has a truth to it, but I honestly don't think that's Marvel, I believe that's Disney. I think they want the movies to be able to be seen by most audiences because they're FUCKING SUPERHEROS. Star Wars: The Force Awakens follows the exact same formula. Silly jokes, characters we can relate to, and action sequences throughout the movie so we don't fall asleep.

Overall I didn't think the movie was that bad, I'm not going to bore you with the stuff you guys talked about and what Bryce destroyed the movie for because it's all been said. I hope this is a start of a good franchise and hope they figure out a good for way to convey the characters we love because they aren't as easy to write as some of the Marvel characters. Superman is hard to write. It's that simple. He's too powerful and people are so damn picky nowadays and cynical to just sit back and watch a movie and enjoy it.. Everyone finds a loophole with Superman. Just watch the damn thing. I'd give it a 6.7/10. The scenes that were good were good, and the scenes that were bad were bad. It felt like Deep Impact.. just waiting and waiting and waiting then final it happens

Twitter: @DatPlark
Steve Lesic
Plark

Postby Master Higgins » Apr 5th, 2016 @ 11:08pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 255 (2016-04-05)
This week, we discuss birthdays, WonderCon, DC Comics Rebirth creative teams, the Walking Dead Season 6 finale, and Toby weighs in on Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Starring Ryan Higgins, Brock Sager, and Toby Sidler.
Running Time: 2h 06m 09s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby CrossXhunteR » Apr 6th, 2016 @ 2:03am

Wrong show notes.
CrossXhunteR

Postby kenzo » Apr 6th, 2016 @ 3:21am

I would be extremely amenable to a Bryce and Brock-free BvS-centric episode. I'm not really up to listening to people foam at the mouth about a movie they went to watch in bad faith.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Apr 6th, 2016 @ 11:37am

You think they're less entitled to an opinion because they don't share your ideals?
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Apr 6th, 2016 @ 4:18pm

No, I'm perfectly fine with people not liking what I like, I just 1) can't stand how obnoxious they are about talking about BvS/MoS, and 2) I can't stand people arguing about something they consumed in bad faith. If you tell me either of them went in with open minds and not looking to hate and nitpick it to death, you'd be a fucking liar.
kenzo

Postby Master Higgins » Apr 6th, 2016 @ 5:40pm

CrossXhunteR wrote:Wrong show notes.

Heyyyyyyyyyyy...thanks!
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Apr 6th, 2016 @ 5:41pm

kenzo wrote:No, I'm perfectly fine with people not liking what I like, I just 1) can't stand how obnoxious they are about talking about BvS/MoS, and 2) I can't stand people arguing about something they consumed in bad faith. If you tell me either of them went in with open minds and not looking to hate and nitpick it to death, you'd be a fucking liar.

I've been listening to people and their terrible opinions about it for weeks now, I'm kinda done with it.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Apr 12th, 2016 @ 10:17pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 256 (2016-04-12)
This week, we welcome listener Craig Anderson on as we discuss his Secret Origin, March 2016 Diamond sales charts, Emerald City Comiccon, Young Animal, Batman v Superman box office, the new Suicide Squad trailer, DC Comics Rebirth Previews book, and our Random Picks of the Week! Starring Ryan Higgins, Craig Anderson, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 29m 12s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Apr 19th, 2016 @ 9:55pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 257 (2016-04-19)
This week, we discuss the Supergirl finale, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Doctor Strange trailer, Image Expo, Eisner Award nominations, 2016 comic events, Power Rangers, 90s Bat-Family, and a 4-hour cut of Batman v Superman. Starring Ryan Higgins, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 23m 15s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby CrossXhunteR » Apr 20th, 2016 @ 8:42am

Higgins, I understand what you mean, but saying that because Tilda Swenton looks strange/weird means it is okay to be a replacement for an ethnic character has really bad optics.

Edit: Toby, sell me on Giant Days. Is that a book you read for the story, the art, or both? I actually heard about it for the first time last week on the internet and was thinking about looking into it.
CrossXhunteR

Postby Master Higgins » Apr 26th, 2016 @ 11:44pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 258 (2016-04-26)
This week, we discuss DC Comics letting go Shelly Bond, sexual harassment, many Marvel #1 issues including Black Widow, Old Man Logan, Spider-Man, Power Man & Iron Fist, Hyperion, International Iron Man, Mockingbird, and our Daredevil Season 2 review. Starring Ryan Higgins, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 2h 09m 08s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby CrossXhunteR » Apr 27th, 2016 @ 8:06am

Sara Pichelli does great art. You shut your mouth Ryan Higgins.

I'm in the same boat as Toby, where my only prior exposure to Miles Morales was the Spider-Men team-up book, which was good fun. I may have also read a random issue or two of one of his runs on 4chan or something.
CrossXhunteR

Postby jozero » May 2nd, 2016 @ 1:19pm

Listener from the start. I enjoy the various opinions but the Bryce yelling and constant talking over others is getting out of hand. Perhaps let others speak, and when they do start speaking maybe not "guess" wrongly what they are trying to say and start yelling over them with name calling. I appreciate what you add but this isn't a WWE podcast. Again long time listener but I wanted to say this. I personally don't listen to comics conspiracy ONLY to hear Bryce opinions on things or yelling. Just tone it down a notch brotha.

The yelling is almost making the podcast unlistenable. You can go deaf with headphones on.

Maybe I just miss Charlie's Infinite Longbox podcast...
jozero

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 2nd, 2016 @ 3:11pm

Yeah, I understand Bryce is playing it up, but it is quite grating.
CrossXhunteR

Postby kenzo » May 2nd, 2016 @ 4:30pm

jozero wrote:Listener from the start. I enjoy the various opinions but the Bryce yelling and constant talking over others is getting out of hand.

CC used to be my favorite podcast, and I listened to it religiously. I've now let it slide so far down the priority list that for all intents and purposes I don't listen anymore, and it is 95% because of this. I actually turned off the auto-download feature for episodes a little bit ago b/c unlistened episodes were choking my phone's limited storage. :(
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » May 2nd, 2016 @ 6:14pm

Bryce is my boy.
LiQuid

Postby Master Higgins » May 3rd, 2016 @ 10:34pm

jozero wrote:Listener from the start. I enjoy the various opinions but the Bryce yelling and constant talking over others is getting out of hand. Perhaps let others speak, and when they do start speaking maybe not "guess" wrongly what they are trying to say and start yelling over them with name calling. I appreciate what you add but this isn't a WWE podcast. Again long time listener but I wanted to say this. I personally don't listen to comics conspiracy ONLY to hear Bryce opinions on things or yelling. Just tone it down a notch brotha.

The yelling is almost making the podcast unlistenable. You can go deaf with headphones on.

Maybe I just miss Charlie's Infinite Longbox podcast...

Thanks for the feedback. I think sometimes things in real life don't always come across quite the same on the podcast. I know we've had some audio issues, outside of Bryce :lol: but hopefully that's been taken care of. We'll work on the other one.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics