Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: The Comic Conspiracy Podcast Discussion Thread

Postby CrossXhunteR » Nov 19th, 2015 @ 4:13pm

CrossXhunteR

Postby Master Higgins » Nov 25th, 2015 @ 12:08am

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 237 (2015-11-24)
This week, we’re joined by artist Lord Mesa and his wife Marlina as we discuss his Secret Origin, path to becoming an artist, and the Heroes & Villains Fan Fest. Starring Ryan Higgins, Bryce Larsen, Lord Mesa & Marlina Balandra, Toby Sidler, and Lane Terasaki.
Running Time: 1h 34m 47s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Nov 30th, 2015 @ 11:39pm

We switched around some recording dates, so enjoy this early episode of The Comic Conspiracy Podcast!

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 238 (2015-11-30)
This week, we discuss early episodes, sportsbox, random James Bond spoilers, Uncanny X-Men #600, Secret Wars #6 and #7, Bryce’s hatred of Marvel, DC Comics new YouTube channels, still no Flash/Supergirl crossover, and some listener questions. Starring Ryan Higgins, Bryce Larsen, and Toby Sidler.
Running Time: 1h 28m 42s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Dec 8th, 2015 @ 11:50pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 239 (2015-12-08)
This week, we discuss the new Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer, the second Flash/Arrow crossover, major Supergirl spoilers, more Marvel Comics #1 reviews, and a bunch of listener questions. Starring Ryan Higgins, Bryce Larsen, Jim Jokisch, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West
Running Time: 1h 29m 22s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby kenzo » Dec 9th, 2015 @ 12:16am

Master Higgins wrote:This week, we discuss the new Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer... Starring ... Bryce Larsen...

Spoiler: show
kenzo

Postby Master Higgins » Dec 9th, 2015 @ 10:54am

I wish, Bryce could only stay for a few minutes :(
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Dec 16th, 2015 @ 9:24am

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 240 (2015-12-15)
This week, we discuss even more All-New, All-Different Marvel #1 comics including Daredevil #1 and Scarlet Witch #1, Marvel Comics’ Jessica Jones on Netflix, the X-Men: Apocalypse trailer, and the Captain America: Civil War trailer. Starring Ryan Higgins, Jim Jokisch, Brock Sager, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 33m 55s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby kenzo » Dec 16th, 2015 @ 6:31pm

Master Higgins wrote:This week, we discuss Marvel Comics including Marvel Comics and Marvel Comics, Marvel Comics, Marvel Comics, and Marvel Comics.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Dec 16th, 2015 @ 7:03pm

If you guys could please keep next week's discussion catered solely to the likes of nofunzo that'd be highly appreciated. Thanks.
LiQuid

Postby Master Higgins » Dec 19th, 2015 @ 12:37am

kenzo wrote:
Master Higgins wrote:This week, we discuss Marvel Comics including Marvel Comics and Marvel Comics, Marvel Comics, Marvel Comics, and Marvel Comics.

You should see how much the Facebook group hated this episode because we only hate on Marvel.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Dec 19th, 2015 @ 1:06am

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy's Holiday Special (2015-12-18)
This week, we discuss Star Wars. Starring Ryan Higgins, Brian Ellison, Adam Fitch, Chris Noyes, Brock Sager, Ryan Scott, Kevin Sharp, Toby Sidler, Lane Terasaki, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 2h 29m 27s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby kenzo » Dec 20th, 2015 @ 9:43pm

Master Higgins wrote:This week, we discuss Star Wars. Starring TEN PEOPLE FOR 2.5 HRS

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Dec 20th, 2015 @ 9:44pm

I just wish Omar could have been there, decked out in his stormtrooper outfit and super wasted
kenzo

Postby GiantAsianMan » Dec 21st, 2015 @ 9:34am

Guessing none of you read Greg Rucka's Shattered Empire comic, huh? It was the first official post-Jedi canon material and it explicitly states who Poe Dameron's parents are- an A-Wing pilot and a one of the commandos that was on the Endor strike team. Nothing special there. But the comic does establish a tangential connection between the Dameron's and Luke/the Force. It's a good read, and probably more informative now, post-Force Awakens release.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby LiQuid » Dec 21st, 2015 @ 12:21pm

Thanks to Cross for pointing me to this amazing tweet that I am literally going to post every single time an episode of The Comic Conspiracy and The Geekbox goes up.

LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Dec 21st, 2015 @ 1:29pm

Can they not be said about literally everything ever though? Can nothing be profound?
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Dec 21st, 2015 @ 1:40pm

Anybody can be sad about whatever they want to be sad about. I can be sad that the price of a gallon of milk went up ten cents. That doesn't make it profound.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Dec 21st, 2015 @ 1:45pm

Can anything be profound? Paintings? Sculptures? Poems? Books? Movies?
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Dec 21st, 2015 @ 1:47pm

Absolutely. Just not nerd paintings, sculptures, poems, books or movies.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Dec 21st, 2015 @ 1:57pm

Define what makes it "nerd." Is the Mona Lisa a nerd painting? Is Shawshank a nerd movie?
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Dec 21st, 2015 @ 6:42pm

Anything based off a comic or featuring a superhero is a good start. Basically anything that rates fir discussion on either of these podcasts.
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » Dec 22nd, 2015 @ 6:32pm

Jesus Fucking Christ. I FINALLY after all this time get around to giving you guys another shot because I want to hear you guys talk about Force Awakens and AGAIN you manage to completely shit the bed.

An HOUR AND FIFTEEN FUCKING MINUTES before you start talking about TFA on your special TFA podcast? An hour and fifteen minutes asking a dozen different people about their first Star Wars memory as if that's why ANYONE would be listening to this podcast?!

And then later, Higgins is trying to hurry people along with their actual TFA discussion because you're running long? I WONDER FUCKING WHY?!

Good luck guys. Maybe I'll try again in another two years...
DarthEnder

Postby slinkdickens » Dec 22nd, 2015 @ 6:33pm

I know its Star Wars so not everything has to make sense, but I couldn't stop thinking about how
Starkiller base shoots a beam that people can watch travel through the sky. I must've spent the next 10 minutes of the movie trying to wrap my head around it. If you can see it before it hits, then its going sub-light speed. Wouldn't it take years to travel from one star system to the next? And, from the surface of a non target planet, they look like meteors. How big is this beam that it would be that visible from the surface of another planet? Most definitely bigger the planet-anus it was shot out of, likely bigger than the targets themselves.

I know defenders will say that's a nitpick, but it honestly took me out of the fiction of the movie for while. I don't think Star Wars evokes quite the level of pulp sci-fi that it can ignore basic rules of physics to this degree without pulling its audience out of the movie, but maybe that's just me.

Additionally, people keep saying about how this hit a lot of the same notes of Episode IV. Unfortunately, it hits a lot of the same bad notes as well. I never understood
how can the Empire make this incredible weapon and their blasters suck? And, what was the point of their Stormtrooper armor. They're all one hit kills? And, I can see how the Empire isn't overly concerned with safety given their total lack of guardrails on any high walkway, but don't you think that after having not one, but two (or 3 if you count the ship controlling droids in Episode 1) super weapons destroyed by a chain reaction they'd look out for that. How did they not force choke that engineer instead of hiring him again for death star 2 and death star 2S?

Well, as counter argument to my last point, I've been reading "Lights Out" by Ted Koppel where he describes how our power grid can be compromised pretty easily and how bureaucracy and greed have prevented any practical safeguards to be put in place. So, I guess it's not that unrealistic that Death Star Turbo Extreme Alpha EX would be, yet again, susceptible to a chain reaction that totally destroys it.
slinkdickens

Postby CrossXhunteR » Dec 22nd, 2015 @ 7:21pm

Darth, they specifically said this would be a general Start Wars episode, where they also talk about The Force Awakens. If you listened regularly, you would know this.
CrossXhunteR

Postby DarthEnder » Dec 22nd, 2015 @ 8:58pm

CrossXhunteR wrote:Darth, they specifically said this would be a general Start Wars episode
I don't care if they specifically said it. Saying "Half this episode is gonna be shit" doesn't make it okay for that half to be shit.

This is just like the last time I tried the podcast for Guardians of the Galaxy and fucking Higgins spent the first half hour ranking the box office numbers of all the Marvel movies.

Seriously, if you're going to do that shit, at least do it at the END.
DarthEnder

Postby CrossXhunteR » Dec 22nd, 2015 @ 9:02pm

So you don't like it because it isn't what you wanted it to be, even if they explicitly said it wouldn't be? Sounds like a fun way to judge things. Hold shit against them that you make up in your mind.
CrossXhunteR

Postby DarthEnder » Dec 22nd, 2015 @ 9:11pm

CrossXhunteR wrote:So you don't like it because it isn't what you wanted it to be, even if they explicitly said it wouldn't be? Sounds like a fun way to judge things. Hold shit against them that you make up in your mind.
That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. "You were expecting it to not be shit, it's not their fault for being shit, that's your fault for having the wrong expectations, man."

I'm not holding the format against them. I'm holding the fact that the first hour and fifteen minutes was fucking shit. "What's your first Star Wars memory" followed by ten people telling pretty much all exactly the same thing because, surprise, they were all either babies or not even born when the movies first came out.

Maybe don't have an hour of fucking garbage before getting to the part people care about and maybe I would be a regular listener.
DarthEnder

Postby LiQuid » Dec 22nd, 2015 @ 9:14pm

:lol:
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Dec 22nd, 2015 @ 9:20pm

I can guarantee you that people care about the first part, not just talk about the new movie. You just have a stick in your ass and obviously don't like the people on the podcast.

It's like jumping into Bloodborne and complaining that it's not Call of Duty.
CrossXhunteR

Postby DarthEnder » Dec 22nd, 2015 @ 9:28pm

CrossXhunteR wrote:It's like jumping into Bloodborne and complaining that it's not Call of Duty.
No, it's like jumping into Duke Nukem Forever and complaining that it's not Call of Duty. When the thing is legitimately bad, it's okay to complain that it's not like something that isn't bad.
DarthEnder

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics