Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: The Comic Conspiracy Podcast Discussion Thread

Postby kenzo » Jul 30th, 2013 @ 12:55am

Master Higgins wrote:Bryce reveals his x-traordinary Book Club pick for August.
Why am I not surprised by this?
kenzo

Postby bitblockader » Jul 30th, 2013 @ 6:48am

bitblockader

Postby Roadie Brock » Jul 31st, 2013 @ 12:58am

bitblockader wrote:Image

Drum Roll....................................................................................................................................................................................
...........................................................................Something about some writer.................................................................................
.....................More Drum Roll............................................................................It is an X-Book...........................................................
.....................................Even More Drum Roll...................................................First it is a complex.......................................................
...................................................................Some More Drum Roll..................................................................Then it is a War..............
...................................Wait for it................................................................................................................................................
Wait for it.......................................................................................................................................................X-Men: Second Coming.
Like we didn't see that coming. Took long enough.
"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

http://www.conspiratorbrock.com/
Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby Master Higgins » Aug 6th, 2013 @ 10:10pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 118 (2013-08-06)
This week, we welcome customer and good friend to the store, Jay Shelton, as we discuss his Secret Origin, DC Villain’s Month allocations, creator’s vision, habitual reading, The Wolverine, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, and 2 Guns. Starring Ryan Higgins, Brock Sager, Jay Shelton, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 28m 23s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Candle » Aug 6th, 2013 @ 11:44pm

really bad crunching and lip smacking this episode :x
Candle

Postby harrypowers » Aug 13th, 2013 @ 2:03pm

Candle wrote:really bad crunching and lip smacking this episode :x

I like knowing the hosts are eating. It helps me create an image in my mind that adds action to their words. Some times I picture Master Higgins waiting until Brock takes a huge bite of pepperoni pizza, and then directing a question right to Brock. ;)
harrypowers

Postby Master Higgins » Aug 13th, 2013 @ 11:59pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 119 (2013-08-13)
We’re all over the map this week, as we discuss Smallville Season 11, Red Sonja, Superior Spider-Man, Kick-Ass 2, Jeph Loeb/Tim Sale, our favorite characters and why, the Rogues, and updates to the DC Villains Month snafu. Starring Ryan Higgins, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 05m 09s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby harrypowers » Aug 18th, 2013 @ 10:40pm

I knew I was forgetting to listen to something this week. I just caught the show, it sounds smoother and more professionally done each time I listen.
Last spring my students hated Doc. Oct. as Spidy. I wonder if they've changed their minds over this summer. Kids are dumb.
harrypowers

Postby Master Higgins » Aug 19th, 2013 @ 10:00pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 120 (2013-08-19)
Omar returns this week to talk about his summer vacation, as well as Nightwing post-Forever Evil rumors, Matt Fraction off Fantastic Four, Mighty Avengers #1 orders, Infinity #1, ideal #1 issues, top 5 indie comics, Krypton’s Green Lantern, and $5 comic books. Starring Ryan Higgins, Omar Brodrock, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West. -
Running Time: 1h 33m 28s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Jaebird » Aug 20th, 2013 @ 8:43am

On the discussion about the Ultimate line, as much as I enjoyed Ultimate Spider-Man prior to Ultimatum, everything after has been spinning its wheels while trying to "shake things up." And between the two, for better or worse, the Ultimates has been more interesting than Miles the Meandering Spider-Man, in my opinion. I would like to see how the current Ultimates story will end, but I'm not having as much fun with it as I did during Sam Humphries's run.
http://jbird18.deviantart.com (Offering $5 sketches.)
Jaebird

Postby DukeTogo » Aug 25th, 2013 @ 2:47pm

Jaebird wrote:On the discussion about the Ultimate line, as much as I enjoyed Ultimate Spider-Man prior to Ultimatum, everything after has been spinning its wheels while trying to "shake things up." And between the two, for better or worse, the Ultimates has been more interesting than Miles the Meandering Spider-Man, in my opinion. I would like to see how the current Ultimates story will end, but I'm not having as much fun with it as I did during Sam Humphries's run.

I'll admit that the one-two combination of Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum nearly put me off the line entirely. I'm glad I stuck around though. I've dug the Miles Morales stuff. I still think Bendis has one of the best handles on writing teenage superheroes. Granted, the book has been somewhat low key, but it's still filled with interesting characters and has even managed to work a number of Ultimate Peter Parker's supporting cast back into the fold. Even after killing Peter, the book still feels like a Spider-Man story without aping things that have come before.

That said, I definitely prefer what's going on in The Ultimates. Fialkov's run has been utterly insane and a ton of fun. I'd imagine the lines low sales figures are earning the creators a little extra freedom, and they seem to be taking full advantage of that. Fialkov is also killing it on the Hunger book as well. It's clear that he's got a knack for writing the cosmic stuff. It's a shame that DC bungled getting him on the Green Lantern books, but it looks like that whole situation is working out in my favor as I'm more interested in what he's doing now anyway.
DukeTogo

Postby Jaebird » Aug 25th, 2013 @ 4:05pm

DukeTogo wrote:
Jaebird wrote:On the discussion about the Ultimate line, as much as I enjoyed Ultimate Spider-Man prior to Ultimatum, everything after has been spinning its wheels while trying to "shake things up." And between the two, for better or worse, the Ultimates has been more interesting than Miles the Meandering Spider-Man, in my opinion. I would like to see how the current Ultimates story will end, but I'm not having as much fun with it as I did during Sam Humphries's run.
That said, I definitely prefer what's going on in The Ultimates. Fialkov's run has been utterly insane and a ton of fun. I'd imagine the lines low sales figures are earning the creators a little extra freedom, and they seem to be taking full advantage of that. Fialkov is also killing it on the Hunger book as well. It's clear that he's got a knack for writing the cosmic stuff. It's a shame that DC bungled getting him on the Green Lantern books, but it looks like that whole situation is working out in my favor as I'm more interested in what he's doing now anyway.

Admittedly, I am liking Fialkov's story more as it progresses. It was just that first issue that left a bad impression on me, what with the Hulk swearing like a sailor. And I just find Hunger to be unenthusiastically okay, while the art is really nice to look at. I was hoping for more by the second issue, is probably what I'm trying to get at.
Jaebird

Postby Master Higgins » Aug 26th, 2013 @ 10:29pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 121 (2013-08-26)
This week, Bryce explains Infinity #1, the new New Warriors, what “sold out” really means, Justice League Canada, why Lobo is stupid, entitled fans, the best single X-Men issue, the Batfleck non-controversy, and The Comic Conspiracy Book Club pick X-Men: Second Coming. Starring Ryan Higgins, Omar Brodrick, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 32m 55s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby karubah » Aug 27th, 2013 @ 4:46am

After listening to this week's podcast I just wish Ben Affleck luck in playing Batman cuz..man people are losing their s***.
karubah

Postby Jaebird » Aug 27th, 2013 @ 6:18am

When I heard about Affleck being hired on to play Batman, I was honestly excited. Man of Steel 2 will still suck due to it being written by David Goyer. But at least I can watch an actor play his role while giving a damn, provided he can find something to work with in the script.
Jaebird

Postby Master Higgins » Sep 4th, 2013 @ 11:51pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 122 (2013-09-02)
We’re a few days late due to the holiday, but here’s the new episode! This week, we discuss Trinity War, Forever Evil #1, Villains Month, and a ton of listener questions. Starring Ryan Higgins, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West. - See more at: http://www.geekbox.net/#sthash.QXQLaafo.dpuf
Running Time: 1h 18m 02s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby kenzo » Sep 5th, 2013 @ 12:29am

Master Higgins wrote:This week, we discuss Trinity War, Forever Evil #1, Villains Month...
I think I like you guys recording on Wednesday because then you can talk about the shit that came out that day.
kenzo

Postby karubah » Sep 5th, 2013 @ 10:43am

Women Nightwing has "romanced":
    Lori Elton
    Starfire
    Bridget Clancy
    Huntress (Helena Bertinelli)
    Raven
    Cheyenne Freemont
    Tarantula
    Batgirl (Barbara Gordon)
karubah

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 5th, 2013 @ 10:50am

Sonia Branch can be added to that as well. Dick pulls as much ass, if not more than, Bruce Wayne or Peter Parker.
CrossXhunteR

Postby bitblockader » Sep 5th, 2013 @ 5:50pm

Master Higgins wrote:LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 122 (2013-09-02)
We’re a few days late due to the holiday, but here’s the new episode! This week, we discuss Trinity War, Forever Evil #1, Villains Month, and a ton of listener questions. Starring Ryan Higgins, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West. - See more at: http://www.geekbox.net/#sthash.QXQLaafo.dpuf
Running Time: 1h 18m 02s

oh my damn - this changes everything
http://comicsconspiracy-dc.comicretailer.com/
bitblockader

Postby Master Higgins » Sep 9th, 2013 @ 10:15pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 123 (2013-09-07)
Another controversial week for DC Comics, but we get to a few other topics as well, including Toby’s X-Men: Second Coming talk, All-New Marvel NOW!, some creative team changes at DC Comics, the giant JH Williams III/Batwoman controversy, and the Harley Quinn art contest non-controversy. Starring Ryan Higgins, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 32m 16s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 10th, 2013 @ 6:51am

I think liquid had the best question of the week.
CrossXhunteR

Postby jw_6179 » Sep 10th, 2013 @ 7:08am

Regarding the Harley Quinn faux-rage, just ignore it. It's just the SJW flavor of the week. Those people are literally, by definition, unreasonable. You cannot reason with them.

Code: Select all
Forget it Jake, it's Tumblrtown.
jw_6179

Postby LiQuid » Sep 10th, 2013 @ 7:32am

HAHAHAHA Holy shit he read that?!
LiQuid

Postby Wally » Sep 10th, 2013 @ 12:31pm

Great podcast guys

Here is a podcast question:

Did comics get any of you guys into drawing, and what was your favorite comic character to draw?
Wally

Postby kenzo » Sep 11th, 2013 @ 8:38am

Listening to last week's comic conspiracy, did you guys read the villain-issue showing the backstory for Darkseid? Spoilers for that: I'm pretty sure that this villains-month/forever evil business is going to lead into a second Darkseid invasion. Combine that with the developments of Earth 2 - you Darkseid as the dimensional invader, who is going through all the dimensions and hunting down their versions of Superman simply for the thrill of battle. And that last panel? Where he has a whole pile of dead Supermen he's hunted, and he's got a franken-Supes he's building? This HAS to be our endgame for Forever-Evil - where you have Darkseid at the core of a trans-dimensional crisis.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Sep 11th, 2013 @ 10:08am

I love how Ryan keeps holding his store's numbers as gospel when it comes to sales of comic events when he's running a fucking DC cult over there.
LiQuid

Postby DukeTogo » Sep 12th, 2013 @ 11:43am

LiQuid wrote:I love how Ryan keeps holding his store's numbers as gospel when it comes to sales of comic events when he's running a fucking DC cult over there.

Bro, I thought you knew that Infinity is unreadable garbage that nobody buys? Then again, these dudes LOVE the hell out of Infinite Crisis and I found that book to be pretty Impenetrable at the time.

I have to say that while I rarely agree with the opinionis of the DC echo chamber that sometimes forms on the podcast, I find the dudes entertaining nonetheless. Sure, they seem to think that Villain's Month is a good idea rather than a confusing mess, but at least Ryan and Brock are upfront about being DC apologists. This week, I did miss Bryce spazzing the fuck out about Marvel books though. That shit is priceless.
DukeTogo

Postby Master Higgins » Sep 16th, 2013 @ 10:02pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 124 (2013-09-16)
It’s all listener questions this week, as we discuss Bryce’s X-Men update, Battle of the Atom, Deadpool’s mutant status, inter-company crossovers, CrossGen Comics, Vin Diesel’s other roles, The Question, cheap comic options, and binding crossovers. Starring Ryan Higgins, Bryce Larsen, Brock Sager, Toby Sidler, and Charlie West.
Running Time: 1h 15m 03s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby karubah » Sep 17th, 2013 @ 7:44am

The thing about Vin Diesel that not a lot of people know (or should care about really) is that he is a shameless self-promoter. Most of the rumors about his involvement with upcoming Marvel films started with his personal Facebook page. I would not be surprised if he provides the voice of Groot and we never see him anywhere near a Marvel project ever again. And if he is in more than just Guardians of the Galaxy, then I hope Marvel/Disney is smart and shake him off like a tick on a dog as soon as possible. As an actor he gives middling performances at best and would just worsen the comic book films he is in.

For phase three I could see Disney doing a Miss Marvel movie. It would be a good way to sell dolls and other toys to little girls. They could also diversify and do a Black Panther film.

Joe Kelly's run of Deadpool back in the 90's detailed his past with department k, why he looks like hamburger, and his "romance" with Death. I think there is an omnibus of that series out right now.
karubah

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics