Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: The /alltalk Podcast Discussion Thread

Postby Mr_eX » Feb 21st, 2013 @ 9:34am

Minus dakazu it's a pretty unjaded discussion
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » Feb 21st, 2013 @ 12:45pm

Wrex is way cooler than Wreav. Wrex treats you like the good friend you are, is respectful to Eve, and is actually a good leader for the Krogans while Wreav is just an asshole who wants to be the biggest and strongest. Wreav still appears if Wrex is alive but he gets killed pretty quickly since he sucks.

Also Ashley wouldn't have killed Wrex if you had done the side-mission in Mass Effect 1 to find Wrex's family armor so you could earn his trust.
"I never understand people who like Star Wars but don't even like Star Trek or people who like Star Wars but don't like Star Trek."
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby dakazu » Feb 26th, 2013 @ 12:19am

/alltalk: Episode 56: RIP 1up.com

ImageImageImage

Biggie joins us this week where we talk about everything from the Playstation 4 to the end of 1up.com.

This week we discuss the 3DS, Virtue’s Last Reward, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Demo, Dark Souls, the final week of the Geekbox trophy contest, Playstation 4, Jimmy Fallon playing kill zone, Wild Speculations on Bungie’s Destiny, nostalgia over the death of 1UP.com, Moviebox.com, and this week’s Moviebox pick The Frighteners.

Starring- Biggie, dakazu, darfox8, Mr_eX, totoro

Slow Burn by Kevin MacLeod
Outro Music: Niles Blues by Kevin MacLeod.

Our next Moviebox pick is Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro. You can sign up for Moviebox here.

Questions? Comment? Send them to podcast@alltalkpodcast.com
Tweet us@alltalkpodcast
Donate to the mumble server.
dakazu

Postby puppybox » Feb 27th, 2013 @ 8:55am

From last episode - Vagrant Story is a characters-with-characters game if there ever was one. The entire cast was great, Sydney in particular. He's one of the great villians in gaming

Also Torchlight II is a fun game. I haven't played a ton but I bought a second copy and started a lan game with my kid. Stupid kid likes to run off which is seriously messing with my map completion OCD

From this week, I hardly threw down :lol: If kenzo wanted to I'm sure he could crush my meger trophy gains. I was sick over the weekend and didn't play anything but hopefully I can get a few more trophies in the next two days
puppybox

Postby dakazu » Feb 27th, 2013 @ 7:23pm

Here's the promised Mass Effect 3 Spoilercast. Enjoy!
dakazu

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » Feb 28th, 2013 @ 3:49am

I am fucking tired of hearing people call Ashley racist. It's pretty damn hypocritical in comparison to characters like Tali (doesn't even consider the Geth to be people at first), Javik (a card-carrying Social Darwinist), or Mordin (considered the genophage to be justified to keep the Krogans in check). Ashley's only sense of racism was that she has a mistrust of aliens, which she shared with Navigator Pressly and isn't uncommon amongst the other races towards each other, and it really stems from her trying to overcompensate for the shame her grandfather brought to her family by being the first human to surrender to aliens. I tend to fly off the handle when I hear "Ashley" and "racist" in the same sentence because she really is an interesting character. She's a tough Vasquez-type with a compassionate side, unlike Kaiden who's just a bore in Mass Effect 1 and then becomes the biggest Nice Guy in the Galaxy in Mass Effect 3 so you just feel bad for him.
"I never understand people who like Star Wars but don't even like Star Trek or people who like Star Wars but don't like Star Trek."
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby dakazu » Feb 28th, 2013 @ 12:21pm

That damn racist Ashley killed my Wrex. Also Vasquez sucks and so does Jason.
dakazu

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » Feb 28th, 2013 @ 1:23pm

"You were always an asshole Gorman."
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby Master Higgins » Mar 1st, 2013 @ 9:16pm

Awww yeah, epic shout-out from dakazu!
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby totoro » Mar 2nd, 2013 @ 8:25am

Master Higgins wrote:Awww yeah, epic shout-out from dakazu!

It's what he does.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6917-7116
totoro

Postby dakazu » Mar 2nd, 2013 @ 10:38pm

totoro wrote:
Master Higgins wrote:Awww yeah, epic shout-out from dakazu!

It's what he does.

dakazu

Postby dakazu » Mar 5th, 2013 @ 1:06pm

/alltalk: Episode 57: A tale of 'Dora the Explorer' trophies

ImageImageImage

A missing totoro doesn't stop us from 6-manning this week's episode with Bobloblaw, CrossXhunteR, and kenzo to talk about trophies and possibly the best Miyazaki film ever!

This week we discuss the results of February's Geekbox Trophy Contest, Bob’s blood trophies, the road to darfox’s Metal Gear Solid 4 Platinum trophy, the announcement of Assassin’s Creed 4, the number of Batman books, comic book tie-ins/crossovers, Mr_eX's thoughts on Megamind, this week’s moviebox pick Lupin the 3rd: The Castle of Cagliostro, and a temporary farewell to darfox8(for real this time).

Starring- Bobloblaw, CrossXhunteR, dakazu, darfox8, kenzo, Mr_eX

Our next Moviebox pick is Arsenic and Old Lace. You can sign up for Moviebox here.

Tweet us@alltalkpodcast
Last edited by dakazu on Mar 5th, 2013 @ 2:19pm, edited 1 time in total.
dakazu

Postby CrossXhunteR » Mar 5th, 2013 @ 1:39pm

Second time on these forums that I have seen you misspell Miyazaki.
CrossXhunteR

Postby dakazu » Mar 5th, 2013 @ 2:17pm

Fixed

Also I screw it up because the Japanese pronunciation doesn't have a heavy emphasis on that 'y' so I forget about it
dakazu

Postby dakazu » Mar 12th, 2013 @ 1:39pm

/alltalk: Episode 58: Couple's Gaming Edition

ImageImageImage

Sit down and enjoy an extra long edition of /alltalk as Rodney and mrstotoro join us to talk about everything from meeting the cast of Star Trek:TNG to gaming with your significant other!

This week we discuss Rodney’s tardiness, Toronto Comicon and $50 art books, a Star Trek: The Next Generation Q&A session, the totoro’s purchase of a Wii U, playing games with your significant other, Metal Gear Rising: Revengence, Vanquish, totoro’s Tomb Raider love, Dead Space 3, Fire Emblem: Awakening, BloodRayne: Betrayal, the disappointment of Quantum Conundrum, how Outland is fantastic, dakazu’s rant over Dragon’s Dogma(SPOILERS), Super Stardust Vita, mrstotoro’s recommendation of The Americans, Justin Timberlake on SNL, The Walking Dead Spoilers, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Green Lantern REBIRTH, discerning opinions over Oz the Great and Powerful, Megamind’s superiority over Wreck it Ralph, and this week’s Moviebox pick Arsenic and Old Lace.

Starring- dakazu, Mr_eX, mrstotoro, Rodney, totoro

Our next Moviebox pick is Good Will Hunting. You can sign up for Moviebox here.

Tweet us@alltalkpodcast
dakazu

Postby kenzo » Mar 12th, 2013 @ 2:28pm

Sounds like the worst /alltalk ever.
kenzo

Postby puppybox » Mar 13th, 2013 @ 10:00am

I'm late on this but Castle of Cagliostro is a great movie. I don't remember who mentioned this but I wouldn't have know it was a Ghibli film if someone didn't tell me. After thinking about it, it does seem pretty obvious given the original characters have a very ghibli look plus all the landscape shots

Years ago after seeing which ever TV series was on toonami or adult swim at the time I picked up the manga. That was a shock, it was nothing like the TV show
puppybox

Postby dakazu » Mar 13th, 2013 @ 3:03pm

There are several versions of the manga but the original by Monkey Punch is dark and mature(aka not fun).
dakazu

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » Mar 13th, 2013 @ 3:11pm

Spec Ops is tied with Walking Dead for my game of the year.
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby darfox8 » Mar 13th, 2013 @ 3:40pm

I really liked BloodRayne: Betrayal and Double Dragon Neon. Out of the three I actually liked Outland the least, but it was still really good. About Dragon's Dogma, I think there's probably a middle ground between Kenzo's "It's your fault" and Dakazu's "It's a design flaw". Because if you cared about the story then you probably would of switched that off a long time ago, but maybe the character's face wasn't really important till the end(I haven't played DD so I don't know but I find this hard to believe).
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby kenzo » Mar 13th, 2013 @ 4:50pm

darfox8 wrote:I really liked BloodRayne: Betrayal and Double Dragon Neon. Out of the three I actually liked Outland the least, but it was still really good. About Dragon's Dogma, I think there's probably a middle ground between Kenzo's "It's your fault" and Dakazu's "It's a design flaw". Because if you cared about the story then you probably would of switched that off a long time ago, but maybe the character's face wasn't really important till the end(I haven't played DD so I don't know but I find this hard to believe).
There is no middle ground. It's competely Dakazu's fault. Lemmie draw a parallel for you: imagine you're playing MGS4, and you've got face-camo on. During the first cutscene that shows up and Snake has face-camo obscuring his face, it should immediately pull you out of things, right? If you're like me, you just leave face camo off all the time because of that, or just fucking deal with Snake's face looking retarded and it's your fault. Remember, this is MGS4, where there's no option anywhere to auto-hide face camo during cutscenes.

It's the exact same god damn scenario with Dragon's Dogma. The first cutscene I got confronted with where my character's face was hidden behind a mask/helmet/whatever, I immediately paused the game and hunted through all the menus until I found a solution. And unlike MGS4, there's a pretty obvious menu check-mark where you can auto-hide headgear for your characters so that it never shows. Dakazu played the entire game with his head covered. That's his fault. He obviously didn't give a shit enough during a 30+ hour game to go find the option to turn that off. And he's pissed off that the game, Dragon's Dogma of all games, didn't just do this for him, or hold his hand and tell him to turn it off at literally the very end of the game. This is Dakazu being retarded and nitpicking something I like just to shit on it at its finest. There's plenty of legitimate criticisms of Dragon's Dogma that can and should be made (like some classes being more OP than others), but this isn't one of them. This is just Dakazu being a tard.
kenzo

Postby dakazu » Mar 13th, 2013 @ 5:50pm

LOL did you read your own response?

kenzo wrote:The first cutscene I got confronted with where my character's face was hidden behind a mask/helmet/whatever, I immediately paused the game and hunted through all the menus until I found a solution.

Keep defending Capcom and their shitty game design choices :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dakazu

Postby darfox8 » Mar 13th, 2013 @ 5:59pm

I don't think it's a big deal either way. This is your 999 ending opinion all over again.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby kenzo » Mar 13th, 2013 @ 6:21pm

dakazu wrote:LOL did you read your own response?
kenzo wrote:The first cutscene I got confronted with where my character's face was hidden behind a mask/helmet/whatever, I immediately paused the game and hunted through all the menus until I found a solution.
Keep defending Capcom and their shitty game design choices :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're a retard. It took me 30 seconds tops to find that setting. And this criticism comes from the guy whose favorite game of the last few years is Demon's Souls - which doesn't tell you SHIT about how to play it or adjust any setting. If this is shitty design, then Demon's Souls is a landfill full of shit-design. Again, much ado about nothing. Stay classy Dakazu.
kenzo

Postby dakazu » Mar 13th, 2013 @ 7:34pm

darfox8 wrote:I don't think it's a big deal either way. This is your 999 ending opinion all over again.

It's honestly not a big deal. I just think kenzo's defense is BALLS
dakazu

Postby Mr_eX » Mar 14th, 2013 @ 11:39am

Don't forget to send us some tweets for dakazu to read on the podcast
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Mar 14th, 2013 @ 4:23pm

dakazu wrote:
darfox8 wrote:I don't think it's a big deal either way. This is your 999 ending opinion all over again.
It's honestly not a big deal. I just think kenzo's defense is BALLS
Personal accountabillity is not balls - your irresponcibility is.
kenzo

Postby dakazu » Mar 19th, 2013 @ 2:52am

/alltalk: Episode 59: Game Time with DJ Will and DJ Matt

ImageImageImage

DJ Will(aka Cogito/RobotGoggle) spins some sick tunes while Seamus2389 drops a PHAT beat on this week's edition of /alltalk!

This week we discuss RobotGoggle’s college radio show Game Time, the proper use of the term ‘bollocks’, the upcoming /alltalk Watches the Fast and the Furious movies, the TV show Spartacus, the new season of Dr Who, Community season 4, Geoff Keighley interviewing Joakim Mogren, the crazy ad campaign for Phantom Pain, the success of the Veronica Mars movie Kickstarter, dakazu’s thoughts on Blackest Night, celebrating St. Patrick’s day in Ireland, Tomb Raider, and this week’s Moviebox pick Good Will Hunting.

Starring- dakazu, Mr_eX, RobotGoggle, Seamus2389, totoro

Our next Moviebox pick is A Tale of Two Sisters. You can sign up for Moviebox here.

Tweet us@alltalkpodcast
Last edited by dakazu on Mar 20th, 2013 @ 12:24am, edited 1 time in total.
dakazu

Postby Mr_eX » Mar 19th, 2013 @ 7:42am

This episode was pretty great
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby darfox8 » Mar 19th, 2013 @ 6:20pm

dakazu wrote:
/alltalk: Episode 59: Game Time with DJ Will and DJ Matt

ImageImageImage

DJ Will(aka Cogito/RobotGoggle) spins some sick tunes while Seamus2389 drops a PHAT beat on this week's edition of /alltalk!

This week we discuss RobotGoggle’s college radio show Game Time, the proper use of the term ‘bollocks’, the upcoming /alltalk Watches the Fast and the Furious movies, the TV show Spartacus, the new season of Dr Who, Community season 4, Geoff Keighley interviewing Joakim Mogren, the crazy ad campaign for Phantom Pain, the success of the Veronica Mars movie Kickstarter, dakazu’s thoughts on Blackest Night, celebrating St. Patrick’s day in Ireland, Tomb Raider, and this week’s Moviebox pick Good Will Hunting.

Starring- dakazu, Mr_eX, RobotGoggle, Seamus2389, totoro

Our next Moviebox pick is A Tale of Two Sisters. You can sign up for Moviebox here.

Tweet us@alltalkpodcast

This episode isn't on itunes as far as I can tell.
darfox8

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics