Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Good Job, Brain! Podcast Discussion Thread

Postby Rydog » Jan 16th, 2013 @ 12:15am

This is the thread to discuss our smartest podcast -- Good Job, Brain!

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: Good Job, Brain! #118: It's Legen-DAIRY (2014-07-15)
Hope your ears aren't lactose intolerant, because this week, it's all about the wacky fact-filled world of dairy. Find out how music helps cow produce more milk -- and just what kind of music gets them into the mood? Weird trivia about breast milk and why "nipple" is a funny word. Dana falls into a wiki cheese hole, while Colin gulps down the history of the milk container. And no, mice actually don't usually go for cheese. ALSO: Solution to our Music Puzzle Challenge. Starring Karen Chu, Colin Felton, Dana Nelson, and Chris Kohler.
Running Time: 44m 57s

(Note: We had separate threads for all episodes up through Good Job, Brain! #44. We're trying a single-stickied-thread strategy for each of our shows now, to keep everything from getting lost in a ton of threads. Please post all episode discussion in this thread!)

Good Job, Brain! website
Podcast RSS feed
Subscribe on iTunes!
Subscribe on Stitcher!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
Take our listener survey!
Throw Geekbox.net free money if you're so inclined!
Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Re: Good Job, Brain! Podcast Discussion Thread

Postby kenzo » Jan 16th, 2013 @ 1:40am

Lolololol. Looks like Karen got fed up enough with these threads to finally force change.
"Kenzo. Could you supply me with your home address so I can visit/murder you? I would appreciate that! Thanx!" -LiQuid
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Feb 7th, 2013 @ 4:42pm

I know that not a lot of people comment on this thread, but can we get updates to the podcast in not just an edit of the OP but also a new post as well? It not only helps for posterity, but informs people like me that a new episode is even out (since I an edit to just the OP doesn't show up as a new post to the thread).
"Kenzo. Could you supply me with your home address so I can visit/murder you? I would appreciate that! Thanx!" -LiQuid
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Feb 7th, 2013 @ 4:52pm

Gotta RSS it bro. The forum has been cast aside.
What I saw / What I heard / What I did / What I read
"This Drow bow is pretty godly. Not gonna lie, I'd probably dump $250 on it if it shot rainbows on top of the butterflies." -kenzo
LiQuid

Postby dakazu » Feb 7th, 2013 @ 11:54pm

Not a fan of these single threads
dakazu

Postby lanx » Feb 20th, 2013 @ 5:34pm

kenzo wrote:I know that not a lot of people comment on this thread, but can we get updates to the podcast in not just an edit of the OP but also a new post as well? It not only helps for posterity, but informs people like me that a new episode is even out (since I an edit to just the OP doesn't show up as a new post to the thread).

i use beyondpod for droid and zune for pc for all my podcast, just keep everything on a subscription.
lanx

Postby kenzo » Mar 13th, 2013 @ 12:23pm

kenzo wrote:I know that not a lot of people comment on this thread, but can we get updates to the podcast in not just an edit of the OP but also a new post as well? It not only helps for posterity, but informs people like me that a new episode is even out (since I an edit to just the OP doesn't show up as a new post to the thread).
:lol: Guess this got ignored.

I'm catching up with old episodes; listening to #38. When talking about advertisements in men's urinals, Karen exclaims, "WOWWWW, you guys have NICE bathrooms!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, Karen. Don't change.
kenzo

Postby Candle » Jul 29th, 2013 @ 10:00am

I think Chris Kohler has mental issues. He's always way too loud, loves to interrupt, laughs like a sperg and has passive aggressive tendencies, and squeals.
Candle

Postby LiQuid » Jul 29th, 2013 @ 10:12am

What?
What I saw / What I heard / What I did / What I read
"This Drow bow is pretty godly. Not gonna lie, I'd probably dump $250 on it if it shot rainbows on top of the butterflies." -kenzo
LiQuid

Postby harrypowers » Aug 1st, 2013 @ 7:01pm

Candle wrote:I think Chris Kohler has mental issues. He's always way too loud, loves to interrupt, laughs like a sperg and has passive aggressive tendencies, and squeals.

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.
PS. I don't think "Sperg" is thought of as an insult on this thread. :ugeek:
harrypowers

Postby Candle » Aug 6th, 2013 @ 11:46pm

His volume control has always been terrible, listen back to a Bonobo sponsored podcast, his singing is nauseous.
Candle

Postby Wally » Sep 10th, 2013 @ 12:38pm

Great podcasts so far, I wish GJB could expand and make more podcasts a week. Another kickstarter should be in order!
Wally

Postby Fade2Black » Sep 12th, 2013 @ 4:23pm

Candle wrote:I think Chris Kohler has mental issues. He's always way too loud, loves to interrupt, laughs like a sperg and has passive aggressive tendencies, and squeals.

*5-handed face-palm*
Fade2Black

Postby CeramicDragon » Oct 26th, 2013 @ 9:04pm

Man this is an awesome podcast. Thanks!

Didn't know that air force one is any plane that the prez sits in. Awesome. Lots of great trivia, I like the topics that you guys choose. The world is a crazy place. :lol:
CeramicDragon

Forum Statistics