Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Good Job, Brain! Podcast Discussion Thread

Postby Rydog » Jan 16th, 2013 @ 12:15am

This is the thread to discuss our smartest podcast -- Good Job, Brain!

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: Good Job, Brain! #180: ALL QUIZ BONANZA! #36 (2016-04-13)
Oh ho ho! A real grab bag of quizzes this week: from the germiest places in your house to foreign currency. Find the interloper word in Chris' misused vocabulary quiz, and find out if you're like an animal. And let's play "30 Seconds to Glory!" Also, we went to the zoo and so of course, we're reporting back some real weird animal facts. Starring Karen Chu, Colin Felton, Dana Nelson, and Chris Kohler.

Running Time: 1h 10m 51s

(Note: We had separate threads for all episodes up through Good Job, Brain! #44. We're trying a single-stickied-thread strategy for each of our shows now, to keep everything from getting lost in a ton of threads. Please post all episode discussion in this thread!)

Good Job, Brain! website
Podcast RSS feed
Subscribe on iTunes!
Subscribe on Stitcher!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
Take our listener survey!
Throw Geekbox.net free money if you're so inclined!
Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Re: Good Job, Brain! Podcast Discussion Thread

Postby kenzo » Jan 16th, 2013 @ 1:40am

Lolololol. Looks like Karen got fed up enough with these threads to finally force change.
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Feb 7th, 2013 @ 4:42pm

I know that not a lot of people comment on this thread, but can we get updates to the podcast in not just an edit of the OP but also a new post as well? It not only helps for posterity, but informs people like me that a new episode is even out (since I an edit to just the OP doesn't show up as a new post to the thread).
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Feb 7th, 2013 @ 4:52pm

Gotta RSS it bro. The forum has been cast aside.
LiQuid

Postby dakazu » Feb 7th, 2013 @ 11:54pm

Not a fan of these single threads
dakazu

Postby lanx » Feb 20th, 2013 @ 5:34pm

kenzo wrote:I know that not a lot of people comment on this thread, but can we get updates to the podcast in not just an edit of the OP but also a new post as well? It not only helps for posterity, but informs people like me that a new episode is even out (since I an edit to just the OP doesn't show up as a new post to the thread).

i use beyondpod for droid and zune for pc for all my podcast, just keep everything on a subscription.
lanx

Postby kenzo » Mar 13th, 2013 @ 12:23pm

kenzo wrote:I know that not a lot of people comment on this thread, but can we get updates to the podcast in not just an edit of the OP but also a new post as well? It not only helps for posterity, but informs people like me that a new episode is even out (since I an edit to just the OP doesn't show up as a new post to the thread).
:lol: Guess this got ignored.

I'm catching up with old episodes; listening to #38. When talking about advertisements in men's urinals, Karen exclaims, "WOWWWW, you guys have NICE bathrooms!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, Karen. Don't change.
kenzo

Postby Candle » Jul 29th, 2013 @ 10:00am

I think Chris Kohler has mental issues. He's always way too loud, loves to interrupt, laughs like a sperg and has passive aggressive tendencies, and squeals.
Candle

Postby LiQuid » Jul 29th, 2013 @ 10:12am

What?
LiQuid

Postby harrypowers » Aug 1st, 2013 @ 7:01pm

Candle wrote:I think Chris Kohler has mental issues. He's always way too loud, loves to interrupt, laughs like a sperg and has passive aggressive tendencies, and squeals.

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.
PS. I don't think "Sperg" is thought of as an insult on this thread. :ugeek:
harrypowers

Postby Candle » Aug 6th, 2013 @ 11:46pm

His volume control has always been terrible, listen back to a Bonobo sponsored podcast, his singing is nauseous.
Candle

Postby Wally » Sep 10th, 2013 @ 12:38pm

Great podcasts so far, I wish GJB could expand and make more podcasts a week. Another kickstarter should be in order!
Wally

Postby Fade2Black » Sep 12th, 2013 @ 4:23pm

Candle wrote:I think Chris Kohler has mental issues. He's always way too loud, loves to interrupt, laughs like a sperg and has passive aggressive tendencies, and squeals.

*5-handed face-palm*
Fade2Black

Postby CeramicDragon » Oct 26th, 2013 @ 9:04pm

Man this is an awesome podcast. Thanks!

Didn't know that air force one is any plane that the prez sits in. Awesome. Lots of great trivia, I like the topics that you guys choose. The world is a crazy place. :lol:
CeramicDragon

Good Job Brain Podcast Discussion Thread

Postby exhiptShief » Sep 28th, 2017 @ 8:41am

I'd me more than happy to start topic for 600D. I've had this camera modded with ML for 2 years now and can say I know pretty much everything about ml on this grate camera How can I start the thread?

By the way, http://vehhistory.com is the only way to get the information regarding your old vehicles without burning a hole in your pocket. Just visit the site and enter the details.
exhiptShief

Free MP3 MP4 M4A FLAC WMA WAV FLV Converter

Postby NonyFlene » Oct 9th, 2017 @ 4:33pm

If you shouldn't have an account yet, please Sign-up Registration is completely free. PS: Although it is fairly easy so that you can convert WMV video information to MP4 with Handbrake or the perfect video converter for Mac , MacX Video Converter Free Edition, it is seemingly fairly troublesome so that you can immediately convert WMV to your iPhone 7/SE/6S/6S Plus,iPad mini 3/four/iPad Pro, Android HTC Samgsung Sony mobile machine since this free video converter software program has no such feature to support you.
Free obtain this all-in-one M2P to MP4 Converter to convert M2P to MP4, and you will really take pleasure in its simpler, quicker and smarter video conversion expertise! Clipchamp offers a free video converter , video compressor , webcam recorder and video editor Our tools work in your browser however your movies keep on your laptop while they get processed - offering higher privateness than another online video utility.
Furthermore, this excellent MP4 Home windows Media Participant Converter also helps to convert different Windows Media Participant unsupported format like MOV, VOB, WTV, MKV, WebM, RMVB, FLV, 3GP, MXF, AVCHD, FLAC, APE, OGG, 3GA, M4A, DTS, RA, VOC, M4R, and etc to WMP supported video or audio format. It converts a variety of audio and video codecs, and even can convert ISOs to different disc photographs (in this case the CSO disc picture).
One other notable function for is a YouTube + MP3 downloader which might obtain each videos and MP3 recordsdata not solely from YouTube but many different on-line websites. Among that abundance of free Mac MP4 video converters, MacX Video Converter Free Version just stands by that can assist you carry out this sort of task simply; it works as a versatile Mac video converter to free convert WMV to MP4, as well as convert WMV to MOV , VOB to MP4 conversion , AVI to MP4, and many others.
These profiles include file format, display dimension, and other details chosen particularly for a given player. The primary advantages of this convertor embrace straightforward to make use of interface and availability of supported multiple codecs like FLV and MP4. You can do things that you wouldn't necessarily expect from a web-based converter, equivalent to alter the sound high quality of your output file in considerable element.
Regardless that it may well convert YouTube recordsdata into completely different codecs, most of them might end up being unsuccessful. Cenovo dostupny MP4 prehravac, ktory vam ponukne moznost zaujimavo si ukratit volnu chvilu - napriklad pocas cestovania. Click on Profile, unfold Widespread Audio Formats from the drop-down listing and select a correct Customized MP4 output format(.MP4) from the drop-down record.
Furthermore, they often come packaged with toolbars or malware so what started off as an harmless attempt to easily convert a video turns into a visit to the pc store to get your laptop computer mounted. WinX iPhone Video Converter is a video converting utility that converts a variety of videos to iPhone, iPad, iTouch and Apple TV shortly. Whereas FonePaw Video Converter Final can convert movies from one format to another, you too can use this software program to transform audios into the format that most closely fits your listening wants.
Clicking this hyperlink will start the installer to obtain WMA to MP4 Converter free for Windows. Internet Video Converter is a free video converter that supports most main formats. Step 1 - Set up essentially the most present version of iTunes on the target computer if not already put wma2mp4 in. With assist for greater than 200 gadgets and conversion choices for 3GP, Mp4, WMV, FLV, M2TS, and far more, Hamster has performed a superb job of evolving up to now couple years.
Although they are completely different container, mp4 offers higher video quality and compression over wmv. After deciding on audio output format within the MP4 to WMA converter, you'll be able to customise the setting of the output format. In fact M4A containers can have additionally video and they'll work in Nokia devices, and MP4 can include MPEG-4 audio recordsdata and they'll play within the Music Player.
With a purpose to playwlmp recordsdata on Mac QuickTime, iTunes, iPad, iPod, or edit WLMP information in iMovie, Remaining Lower Professional, Closing Reduce Specific, we've convert wma to mp4 no other selections but to transform WLMP to MP4, MOV, or MP3. This free audio and video converter helps 300+ audio & video formats as supply formats including MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, FLAC, OGG, APE, AC3, AIFF, MP2, M4a, CDA, VOX, RA, RAM, TTA, AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, FLV and far more.
NonyFlene

MIDI To MP3 Converter — MIDIRenderer.

Postby IfdodewBova » Oct 10th, 2017 @ 4:42pm

In case you regularly need to cope with MIDI recordsdata it is advisable rework into MP3 audio file format, then,functions like those presented within the set under will are available quite helpful and comprehensive. Then again, lots of people appear to consider that MIDI is a few intrinsically inferior type of electronic music rather than merely a language for storing and modifying management data for synthesisers, effect, and other stage hardware. Free MIDI to MP3 Converter is an incredibly simple and straightforward-to-use utility that midi to mp3 converter online may re-encode your MIDI recordsdata into excessive-high quality MP3 audio information with only one click. I had over 600 MIDI's I needed to transform to MP3, and this converter breezed by it. In case you write your personal music, you might must convert your MIDI information, and discover this a useful gizmo. You need not take heed to the MIDI music, nor alter the recording level whereas converting. With a left hit on the bar to decide on Audio” from the pull-up format menu and choose MP3 because the output format. Solution - You can convert these Midi information to MP3 file format which is supported practically by any music player.
Consider MIDI as sheet music, you still want a superb player and devices to transform it into audible music. Once you've accomplished a track in your MIDI software and you're ready to share it with the world, you should synthesize the observe to an audio format. This is how it would have normally sounded if played straight as MIDI file with the default Home windows sounds. The resulting recordsdata you'll be able to take anywhere you need (load into your MP3 player, for instance), and they're going to sound exactly the identical. You're provided free trials of their products for 30 days, and you'll resolve to uninstall it at any time.
Moreover, due to SoundFonts help you don't need to purchase an costly sound card to make your MIDI recordsdata sound natural. If you're talking about the best free MIDI to MP3 converter, you actually can't afford to miss out on Zamzar. Within the Midi2Wav Recorder from the problem is solved by operating a take a look at of the computer sound equipment in the course of the first trial of the program. There's a lot of MIDI to MP3 converters out there on the web, but the MP3's you end up with often sound somewhat completely different in comparison with the unique MIDI. Historically you'd have wanted four seperate keyboard instruments, but now with MIDI information you may play a number of instruments from a single controller. If you're planning to convert your recordsdata, you could possibly do so with the assistance of NCH software.
Beneath, you may hear to 2 variations of the identical MIDI file One is rendered with Window's default synth whereas the other is rendered utilizing free soundfonts and VSTs from the web. There are lots of great, free synthesizers on the market, however most of them run as plugins inside midi2mp3 freeware a larger audio environment referred to as a sequencer. Not going into details about it, however in the event you can purchase Sound Forge, simply file the Stereo Mix and play your midi file.
IfdodewBova

MIDI To MP3 For MAC Options And Related Software

Postby IfdodewBova » Oct 10th, 2017 @ 4:43pm

Matt McGinnis, VP of Product Marketing at 8x8, shares what businesses should think about when on the lookout for a cloud communication solution. Should you cease and suppose awhile, you will note that MIDI to MP3 conversion is quite natural. You'll be able to convert your favorite cell phone MIDI ringtones to MP3 with adjustable reverberation. The batch MIDI to WAVE conversion may be very useful for creating musical collections on an audio CD. The resulting WAV or MP3 information can then be burned to an audio CD using online midi to mp3 converter any CD recording program. The file identify will be used as a link to download mp3 and to save lots of the ID3 tags in mp3 conversion end result. Under is an example of an embedded music file which has nice sound high quality as in comparison with a midi file. Now it is time to click on that massive button in the proper decrease corner of this system. It is possible that these online methods could result in a loss of high quality, though.
Lastly, an answer that's a bit more time-consuming however cost-effective is to make use of a free audio editing instrument like Audacity to slow down an MP3 so you possibly can easily transcribe the music to notation. The listing of alternatives was updated Mar 2015 There is a history of all activites on MIDI to MP3 for MAC in our Activity Log It's potential to update the information on MIDI to MP3 for MAC or report it as discontinued, duplicated or spam.
MIDI to MP3 Converter comes with a preinstalled SoundFont, however you can obtain and use any other SoundFont bundle as an alternative. Furthermore, they can be used independently of what other software program you use to create MP3 recordsdata. For those who really want a suggestion as to the best MIDI to MP3 converter, then we would recommend trying out the Abyss Media utility. As to efficiency level, Manufacturing facility Audio Converter beats all audio converters you've gotten in all probability tried by now. I've used this product to convert the MIDI information into MP3 and have used these on my hymn pages, which enable you to hear the music on line.
In this case, you need to use an audio manufacturing program that is meant to map out all the different components and pieces, resembling Melodyne. You needn't burn the MIDI file to a CD and import it again, you can simply choose it and choose `Convert Choice to AAC' (or MP3 or no matter) from the `Superior' Menu. In all probability any habitual music listener would have come across midi2mp3 freeware a web based audio converter and if that's the case, I feel sincere to advise Apowersoft Free Online Audio Converter. Only way to convert midi to different format is to go to wav by taking part in the midi and recording a brand new wav with a wav editor. One of many advantages of MIDI conversion is the superb CD high quality audio output created.
IfdodewBova

Good Job Brain Podcast Discussion Thread

Postby Bentjudges » Oct 14th, 2017 @ 7:44am

Just thought Id drop by and say "good job" to whoever has worked on the wowguru site design.

/Bloodfist likes ;

Good luck with the site prospects
Bentjudges

Forum Statistics