Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: The Geekbox Podcast Discussion Thread

Postby DarthEnder » Feb 8th, 2017 @ 4:47am

The food conversation was torture.

Lobster is bad, eggs are bad, pineapple is good? Jesus Christ...

I will agree on the whole Brocolli/Brussle Sprouts thing. I used to hate pretty much all vegetables as a kid. Now, as long as they're cooked. I'll eat pretty much anything. I mean, I prefer them covered in cheese or butter, but if they aren't I can still deal.

Also disliked throwing shade on How It Should Have Ended and CinemaSins. I love both of those channels.

And yeah, Harry Potter does have at least one of those plot stupidity. A pretty huge one. The Time Turner. Which should be able to solve pretty much every problem ever.

The Eagles is always a particularly egregious example because most any excuse you can come up with for why the Eagles won't take them to the Lonely Mountain(Hobbit) or Mount Doom(LOTR) is negated by the fact that, at the end of The Hobbit, the eagles are AT the Lonely Mountain. And at the end of LOTR, the eagles are AT Mount Doom.
DarthEnder

Postby jesseewiak » Feb 14th, 2017 @ 3:31pm

It's ironic that Ryan mentioned that Shatner wasn't quite over the hill but getting there when the Star Trek movies started.

Age of William Shatner for the 1st TOS movie - 46
Current age of Nathan Fillion - 45
jesseewiak

Postby DarthEnder » Feb 14th, 2017 @ 7:32pm

Ryan's spot on about Firefly.

I would have killed for more Firefly back before Serenity came out. But now that Serenity has killed off half the cast, I have no interest in seeing the show return.

That said, I would kinda want to see more movies where Mal is leading a Rebellion against the gov'mnt.
DarthEnder

Postby LiQuid » Feb 15th, 2017 @ 2:42am

The world building in just those few episodes of Firefly was so strong that they could revive it with a totally different cast and it would probably still be good. We'd need nerds to take Fillion off the pedestal they've placed him on before they could accept a new leader tho, so easier said than done.
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » Feb 16th, 2017 @ 10:12am

LiQuid wrote:The world building in just those few episodes of Firefly was so strong that they could revive it with a totally different cast and it would probably still be good.
I'd totally be down with that. Whedon has created at least 4 entire casts that I've loved, so I have faith he could do it again. As long as he brings the same personality and humor to his characters, I'll watch whoever he picks.

And Serenity puts the series in a good place for that. Because it give the impression that what they did in that movie is going to spark a new rebellion. Which is a cool backdrop for a series, and Star Wars Rebels proves.
DarthEnder

Postby LiQuid » Feb 17th, 2017 @ 3:24am

I can't stand it when I hear someone say "I don't like onions." That actually triggers me so hard. There are dozens of varieties of onions and they all have different flavors. Not only that but the flavors that onions provide form the foundation of so many dishes in cooking it's not even funny. Imagine a word without scallions, chives, garlic, sweet onions... I have to imagine people that say this really mean "I don't like sliced onions as a topping on my pizza or hamburgers" which is understandable. They have a distinct texture and bold flavor that some people probably aren't into, the way I don't like pickles on a hamburger or pineapple on a pizza (regardless of what Dipshit Higgins says, it's not just an internet meme).
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » Feb 18th, 2017 @ 6:22am

LiQuid wrote:I can't stand it when I hear someone say "I don't like onions." That actually triggers me so hard. There are dozens of varieties of onions and they all have different flavors.
Sure. But 9 times out of 10, when you're getting onions put on something in a restaurant or burger joint or whatever, it's probably that one kind.

I do not like that onion. And as such, I don't get onions on my burgers/sandwhiches/whatever.

Onion rings are okay.

LiQuid wrote:They have a distinct texture and bold flavor that some people probably aren't into, the way I don't like pickles on a hamburger or pineapple on a pizza (regardless of what Dipshit Higgins says, it's not just an internet meme).
Same. In fact, I don't like pineapple period. Not just on pizzas. It's weird cause I like pretty much any fruit, but I really dislike the taste of pineapple.

It's doubly weird cause I love me the shit out of pretty much any kind of meat, but for some reason, I don't like ham. I even like other types of pig meat like pork and bacon, but something about ham juice is gross to me.

It's as if my body rejects Hawaii for some reason.
DarthEnder

Postby LiQuid » Feb 18th, 2017 @ 9:15am

DarthEnder wrote:
LiQuid wrote:I can't stand it when I hear someone say "I don't like onions." That actually triggers me so hard. There are dozens of varieties of onions and they all have different flavors.
Sure. But 9 times out of 10, when you're getting onions put on something in a restaurant or burger joint or whatever, it's probably that one kind.

I do not like that onion. And as such, I don't get onions on my burgers/sandwhiches/whatever.

Onion rings are okay.

Yeah, my point here is that you don't dislike onions, you dislike onions as a condiment.

Oh and "that one kind" of onion is literally the same type of onions in those rings. They are just caramelized and softened by the deep frying process which enhances the truly amazing flavor of your bog standard white onion. Have you ever tried frying some sliced onions in a bit of butter and putting them on a burger instead of the raw and/or reconstituted onions they put on a burger at a fast food restaurant? I'm eating a homemade patty melt as I type this that I put caramelized onions on and it's so delicious I want to scream. I could (and have) just eat an entire pan of caramelized onions and sauteed mushrooms

Onions are wonderful. I love a lot of vegetables, but from a purely culinary standpoint, onions are probably the only vegetable I couldn't live without. They're too important, too versatile and too flavorful.
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » Feb 19th, 2017 @ 8:18am

LiQuid wrote:Have you ever tried frying some sliced onions in a bit of butter and putting them on a burger instead of the raw and/or reconstituted onions they put on a burger at a fast food restaurant?
No. I don't do cooking that complicated for myself. If I can't microwave something or throw it on a tray and toss it in the oven, I generally don't make it.
DarthEnder

Postby LiQuid » Feb 19th, 2017 @ 10:29am

Dude, it's literally 1 ingredient in a skillet with a pad of butter lol
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » Feb 20th, 2017 @ 6:42pm

Skillet...that's the dubstep guy right?
DarthEnder

Postby DarthEnder » Feb 21st, 2017 @ 8:42pm

The CC guys did good. Funny the comic guys did more video game content than we've ever gotten from the main cast I think.

Stop calling Zelda an RPG though...
DarthEnder

Postby Master Higgins » Feb 22nd, 2017 @ 1:10pm

Thanks! I mean, I approach Geekbox the same way I do CC, and with the Switch coming out so soon, there's a lot to talk about.

And yeah, Zelda isn't an rpg, but I understood what Bryce was trying to say :D
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby DarthEnder » Feb 25th, 2017 @ 12:38am

Heard on the latest podcast you guys were thinking of shutting these forums down.

I'll be disappointed, but I'd get it. Nobody seems to use them much anymore...

Also, is anyone on the show watching Legion? Because it's kinda fucking amazing.
DarthEnder

Postby DarthEnder » Apr 11th, 2017 @ 5:46pm

"Hela rules over Hel? Comics are dumb."

You mean Norse mythology?

Fitch's ridiculousness reaches a new low this week.

"No, I don't read the user questions before hand, so I don't spoil them. I prefer to have long silences or stammering on an audio podcast while I scramble to think up an answer in the moment instead."
DarthEnder

Postby DarthEnder » Apr 25th, 2017 @ 10:49pm

So since nobody posts here anymore, what's everyone's name on the Facebook group?

I'm Ender Pendrake obviously.
DarthEnder

Postby LiQuid » Apr 26th, 2017 @ 7:52am

Who uses facebook in 2017? Moms?
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » Apr 28th, 2017 @ 9:45pm

YOUR mom.
DarthEnder

Postby kenzo » May 31st, 2017 @ 10:33am

ACCA was a top3 show from last season. Really fun and comfy. You won't regret watching it.
kenzo

Previous
Forum Statistics