Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby Mr_eX » Jul 26th, 2011 @ 12:39pm

kenzo wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:Might be a good idea to give TF2 it's own section on the forums. The two game night threads have as many posts in them as the entire comics section.
NO

Stuff gets posted in those threads that people never see because they get buried. Remember when you were looking for that link I posted for the custom config files? How much faster would you have found it if it had it's own thread
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Jul 26th, 2011 @ 1:02pm

Fucking no. Seriously?
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jul 26th, 2011 @ 1:12pm

Mr_eX wrote:
kenzo wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:Might be a good idea to give TF2 it's own section on the forums. The two game night threads have as many posts in them as the entire comics section.
NO
Stuff gets posted in those threads that people never see because they get buried. Remember when you were looking for that link I posted for the custom config files? How much faster would you have found it if it had it's own thread
NO
kenzo

Postby Konanda » Jul 26th, 2011 @ 5:18pm

That is not a good idea at all.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 1st, 2011 @ 6:23pm

Ban Konanda for putting a youtube video in his signature.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Konanda » Sep 1st, 2011 @ 6:39pm

Mr_eX wrote:Ban Konanda for putting a youtube video in his signature.

I already got rid of it about 10 minutes ago, I just wanted to see if it would work and than thought it funny but got annoyed after having it around for a day.

Chill dude.

That said I doubt any of the staffers would run with your idea anyway.
Konanda

Postby marcface » Sep 23rd, 2011 @ 2:12am

Is it possible to get the forum tapatalk enabled? Makes things a lot handier for wasting time at work for us smartphone users!
marcface

Postby LiQuid » Dec 23rd, 2011 @ 12:11am

Hey Ryan Scott, if I pay you $5 would you please move the Team Fortress 2 thread back into the games section of the forum? I'm getting sick of having new posts popping up in the announcement section. Also it makes no fucking sense whatsoever that it's up there.
LiQuid

Postby Master Higgins » Dec 23rd, 2011 @ 10:18am

I got rid of a bunch of those threads, I wonder if Ryan will even notice.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby LiQuid » Dec 23rd, 2011 @ 10:42am

Forum champion!
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Dec 23rd, 2011 @ 11:03am

You can probably get rid of the Comedy Button thread too. We all know it's here and they're done trolling for cash since they're all self made millionaires already anyways.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Dec 23rd, 2011 @ 2:28pm

Higgins, can you get rid of/unsticky Ryan's TF2 Guide thread as well?
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Dec 23rd, 2011 @ 3:39pm

If he didn't use it for posting episodes we could probably just axe his entire forum account to no fanfare!
LiQuid

Postby Konanda » Jan 29th, 2012 @ 3:08pm

I figure one of the Ryans has already read my opinion on this but there really should be a post prerequisite before new users are allowed to create forum topics.

This is mainly a request from being annoyed at reporting 5 different OPs from a bot advertising supplements.

Edit: 6 different
Konanda

Postby LiQuid » Jan 29th, 2012 @ 3:18pm

Konanda wrote:I figure one of the Ryans has already read my opinion on this but there really should be a post prerequisite before new users are allowed to create forum topics.

This is mainly a request from being annoyed at reporting 5 different OPs from a bot advertising supplements.

There is a prerequisite of 10 posts before a thread can be made. The bot in question is posting from an account that was created in 2009 before the update was made. It's not a problem with new bots. They just have to post in existing threads.
LiQuid

Postby Konanda » Jan 29th, 2012 @ 3:25pm

LiQuid wrote:
Konanda wrote:I figure one of the Ryans has already read my opinion on this but there really should be a post prerequisite before new users are allowed to create forum topics.

There is a prerequisite of 10 posts before a thread can be made. The bot in question is posting from an account that was created in 2009 before the update was made. It's not a problem with new bots. They just have to post in existing threads.

Ah thank you, I did not notice that.
Konanda

Postby Creep » Feb 1st, 2012 @ 9:14am

I'd like to vote up and vote down comments. Down voted comments becoming less and less visible until they are hidden, requiring an additional click to read. That would be splendid.
Creep

Postby kenzo » Jun 9th, 2012 @ 10:41am

Creep wrote:I'd like to vote up and vote down comments. Down voted comments becoming less and less visible until they are hidden, requiring an additional click to read. That would be splendid.
This is old, but having spent the last month or so exploring the comments section of Reddit, I can say for a fact that this would be a terrible idea. Voting up/down things is the worst thing to happen to the internet since something else really bad.
kenzo

Postby Olympia » Jun 9th, 2012 @ 10:44am

kenzo wrote:
Creep wrote:I'd like to vote up and vote down comments. Down voted comments becoming less and less visible until they are hidden, requiring an additional click to read. That would be splendid.
This is old, but having spent the last month or so exploring the comments section of Reddit, I can say for a fact that this would be a terrible idea. Voting up/down things is the worst thing to happen to the internet since something else really bad.

How

there is also simply not enough content or not enough frequency of posts on our dumb ol forum where that system would be practical
-=187 ride or die=-
Olympia

Postby kenzo » Jun 9th, 2012 @ 11:00am

Even with a lot of people, it's not practical and doesn't serve the purpose it's meant to. The idea is to down-vote comments that are rude or don't contribute to the conversation (in terms of being off-topic, or simple/retarded like a simple "lulllllzzz"). Instead, it's simply used by people as an agree/disagree button, which is extremely expulsive and only acts as a way of enforcing group-think and dumbing down the conversation. This community has enough passive-aggressive hostility as it is, there's no need to graphically represent it with up/downvotes. Everyone who thinks a "dislike" button on facebook would be a good idea is retarded, because it would kill facebook (unless that's what you want).
kenzo

Postby Konanda » Jun 27th, 2012 @ 9:24am

I wish I could Sage sometimes.
Konanda

Postby trippingmartian » Jun 28th, 2012 @ 9:59am

I guess there's a rep mod for phpBB. That might be worth looking into.
trippingmartian

Postby homerowfreakout » Nov 25th, 2012 @ 1:24pm

kenzo wrote:

Couldn't agree more... I literally stopped posting and commenting on Reddit because of the mentality that exists on that site. I love Reddit but I can no longer contribute to it, so I just spectate.

I'm new here to this forum but I've totally forgotten the feeling a forum has in comparison to Reddit. The simple click of a button without adding context as to why you dislike something is fucking insane, it generates assholes and gradually causes people to just stop being a part of something that 'use to' be great. Keeping this forum like a true BB is needed IMO to allow for longevity with it's community.

Other than that, I'm excited to be here!
homerowfreakout

Postby LiQuid » Nov 25th, 2012 @ 2:27pm

I think it's a bad idea because all my posts would be invisible then. :(
LiQuid

Postby Konanda » Nov 28th, 2012 @ 7:05pm

homerowfreakout wrote:
kenzo wrote:

Couldn't agree more... I literally stopped posting and commenting on Reddit because of the mentality that exists on that site. I love Reddit but I can no longer contribute to it, so I just spectate.

I'm new here to this forum but I've totally forgotten the feeling a forum has in comparison to Reddit. The simple click of a button without adding context as to why you dislike something is fucking insane, it generates assholes and gradually causes people to just stop being a part of something that 'use to' be great. Keeping this forum like a true BB is needed IMO to allow for longevity with it's community.

Other than that, I'm excited to be here!

Konanda

Postby Starwats » Nov 28th, 2012 @ 8:19pm

LiQuid wrote:I think it's a bad idea because all my posts would be invisible then. :(

Yeah same, here I can enjoy being an asshole/wrong and not get negative comment karma
LiQuid wrote:I think secretly kenzo gets even madder about Dota than even Dakazu.

No trading.
Starwats

Re: Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby Diusgh » Dec 7th, 2013 @ 2:05pm

Bringing this old gem back, Tapatalk (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkHD) support would be cool.
Action, adventure, a jedi craves not these things.
Diusgh

Previous
Forum Statistics