Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: The Geekbox: Brodeo Reunion 2009

Postby Ritualistic » Sep 17th, 2009 @ 4:24pm

I was without a pc for 6 months and this is the first thing i listened too after getting back online. Was awesome to hear everyone together again now to catch up all the geekbox i missed.
Ritualistic

Postby LiQuid » Sep 18th, 2009 @ 1:57pm

Ritualistic wrote:I was without a pc for 6 months and this is the first thing i listened too after getting back online. Was awesome to hear everyone together again now to catch up all the geekbox i missed.

Ahh, a bittersweet tale, and one I can use to mention that I too am currently computerless (lapster is in for repairs) and Geekboxless. I'm only an episode behind but it burns me deeply. I can't imagine fasting for 6 whole months! These public computers at the office have no speakers, so I can't even listen here. My life, truly, is in shambles.
LiQuid

Postby Jailem » Sep 19th, 2009 @ 1:06am

OmniAvenger wrote:I've answered this elsewhere so I'll just quote my explanation: "I have nothing against Anthony or Darren. When it comes right down to it, I made the decision based on numbers for the event and the closing of the magazine as the dividing line between 'old' and 'new' CGW/GFW Radio. Six or seven people at a long table having a discussion is difficult, if not impossible, to pull off. As it is, I think five is pushing it, but when it came down to which five, I kept coming back to the core of Jeff, Shawn, Sean, Ryan, and Robert. Darren's last appearance was December 2007, and Anthony wasn't made a regular until (approx.) May 2008. GFW Magazine closed down April 16, 2008, and the core really consisted of Jeff, Shawn, Sean, Ryan, and Robert."

What I don't understand is why you keep bringing up this core argument that just isn't true. Robert, as great as he is, was never part of the core. It was a rare time when he be on two episodes in a row. And that hardly qualifies one to be part of the core. A recurring guest star, yes, but not the core. Darren was on weekly for 22 months while Robert was on less frequently for about a year. Just because he was there when the magazine closed does not make him part of the core. The core is not defined by what is at the end.
On the other hand, if you were to say these were the five that you thought would be most entertaining to listen too, and believe that most people would agree. That I could not argue with, because it's probably true. And also a perfectly valid reason.
Don't get me wrong I thank you for putting it together, it was great. Please see if you can do it again. I just don't get why you're using this bogus "core" argument.
Jailem

Postby dabeast0976 » Sep 19th, 2009 @ 7:24am

LiQuid wrote:These public computers at the office have no speakers, so I can't even listen here. My life, truly, is in shambles.

And you made fun of me for posting from work??? At least i have a headphone jack on my work laptop. So there! :twisted:

Jailem wrote: On the other hand, if you were to say these were the five that you thought would be most entertaining to listen too, and believe that most people would agree. That I could not argue with, because it's probably true. And also a perfectly valid reason.
Don't get me wrong I thank you for putting it together, it was great. Please see if you can do it again. I just don't get why you're using this bogus "core" argument.

This is probably what he meant by core. I came in a little late to GFW so it was more Mark Shawn, Ryan and Anthony. However, Anthony really didn't do much to separate himself from the others the way Robert did. Robert's guest appearances were usually money and what he has done since then has been fantastic and extremely well received (If you haven't downloaded A Life Well Wasted do it now). Having him on the panel made sense and maybe got some extra people in there that would not have shown up.
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976

Postby jinpei05 » Sep 19th, 2009 @ 7:40am

Jailem wrote:What I don't understand is why you keep bringing up this core argument that just isn't true. Robert, as great as he is, was never part of the core. It was a rare time when he be on two episodes in a row. And that hardly qualifies one to be part of the core. A recurring guest star, yes, but not the core. Darren was on weekly for 22 months while Robert was on less frequently for about a year. Just because he was there when the magazine closed does not make him part of the core. The core is not defined by what is at the end.
On the other hand, if you were to say these were the five that you thought would be most entertaining to listen too, and believe that most people would agree. That I could not argue with, because it's probably true. And also a perfectly valid reason.

Dude. Who are YOU to decide what the core group is? Were you part of this podcast and we just never heard you speak up? The core is whoever the group decides it is, regardless of who's been on the most shows or was formally on the editorial staff.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Sep 22nd, 2009 @ 5:28am

Gnarly!
Last edited by kenzo on Aug 23rd, 2016 @ 8:19pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenzo

Postby bayfield » Sep 22nd, 2009 @ 9:53am

kenzo wrote:Who gives a shit what the 'core' was. All that matters is that podcast was hilarious. My only regret is that I never listened to the Brodeo back in its heyday.

*amen* i only caught the last 6 months or so as it happened..
:ugeek:
"It's a rockstar vatican assassin torpedo of truth sent by a warlock" - KindGalaxy
bayfield

Postby Atomsmasher » Sep 22nd, 2009 @ 9:03pm

Great podcast, I'm glad you guys were able to organize this. I only caught the last few episodes of GFW radio when they were coming out, though I now listen to all the podcasts affiliated with the members. But after listening to this reunion I'm planning on going back and listening to the whole backlog, it'll take some time, but I know it'll be worth it.
"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval cannot be adult themselves. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis
Atomsmasher

Previous
Forum Statistics