Wherein we dispense site-related news to the masses. Only moderators may create new topics.

Hammersuit Partners with Bitmob, Rebel FM, and The Geekbox

Postby Rydog » May 27th, 2009 @ 10:56pm

Exciting news! I'll let the press release do the talking:

Paramus, NJ (May 27, 2009) - Hammersuit LLC, an independent business consultancy in the video games industry, today announced an extensive partnership with popular gaming podcasts Rebel FM, The Geekbox, and Bitmob's Mobcast. The three shows, when combined with existing Hammersuit-affiliated podcasts from Destructoid and GoNintendo, are downloaded over 100,000 times each week, making Hammersuit's podcast network one of the industry's largest.

"I anticipate good things from Hammersuit," says Ryan Scott, Geekbox Founder and Host. "They're quality people, they have a solid track history so far, and -- most importantly -- they're named after the most awesome power-up in all of Super Mario Bros. 3. I'm confident that this relationship will take the Geekbox to great places."

"We're very much looking forward to working with Hammersuit," says Dan Hsu, Co-Founder of BitMob. "Their expertise in the industry will allow us to better focus on our podcast -- they can take care of the business and money stuff, and we can worry about making Mobcast as good as it can be. Plus, Hammersuit's got a damn cool name."

Hammersuit will provide all three companies with ad sales, sponsorship opportunities and other business development services while allowing the independent websites to focus on their acclaimed shows.

"The toughest part of creating compelling destinations is connecting with your audience, and we love the fact that these shows have done that from day one," says Jill Keil, CEO of Hammersuit. "Dan Hsu, Ryan Scott, Arthur Gies, Anthony Gallegos and the rest of the crews from these shows are very well known members of the community, and we're honored to have them on board."

For more information, please visit www.hammersuit.com, www.geekbox.net, www.bitmob.com, and www.eat-sleep-game.com.

Discuss!
Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Re: Hammersuit Partners with Bitmob, Rebel FM, and The Geekbox

Postby DerBonk » May 27th, 2009 @ 11:10pm

Sounds great and they do have an awesome name. I think for advertising companies, it's smart to use these podcasts, as they speak to their audience way more directly than, say, a print ad. I have checked out every product Leo has ever advertised on TWiT and payed for two, so it looks like it really works (at least for me).

Oh and the CEO said "compelling destinations," looks Jill Keil could write great reviews about "compelling games with compelling graphics and compelling story." ;)
I like Sauerkraut and Wurst!
DerBonk

Postby ProtocolSnow » May 28th, 2009 @ 5:21am

I used to work with the staff of Hammersuit (they're the same people behind GameDaily/GamerFeed/Cloudchaser). They're cool guys, you're in good hands :)
ProtocolSnow

Postby lemon-fresh » May 28th, 2009 @ 10:45am

It would be nice to have a single forum for all three sites.
lemon-fresh

Postby bayfield » May 28th, 2009 @ 12:46pm

i'm like 5 minutes from Paramus... wtf.

you mean something cool came out of Paramus NJ?!? the city that shuts down on Sunday? (stupid blue laws) *[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_law#New_Jersey] i mean, i hate malls but i also hate malls more that aren't open on one day that i could actually GO to them.

interesting development guys, i'll be eager to see how this effects the overall feel of your podcast. i prefer to listen to the geekbox since it's a fairly "clean" recording, good levels, and the content/discussion from the contributors is consistently entertaining.

cheers!

:ugeek:
"It's a rockstar vatican assassin torpedo of truth sent by a warlock" - KindGalaxy
bayfield

Postby moopmoop » May 28th, 2009 @ 5:35pm

How does this effect your Frienemy status with Arthur and Chuf?
"If you give me $10, I will fuck an explosion while a Slayer song plays." - Jason Statham
moopmoop

Postby Rydog » May 30th, 2009 @ 8:12pm

moopmoop wrote:How does this effect your Frienemy status with Arthur and Chuf?

Still frenemies as far as podcasting goes. ;)

Seriously though, we're all good friends and support one another. I even work with Anthony again at GameSpy, so it's not like our relationship can be an antagonistic one!
Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Postby KindGalaxy » May 31st, 2009 @ 3:45am

Technically aren't you his boss again? Make him clean the toilets with a toothbrush!
Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy

Postby Aeolus » Jun 1st, 2009 @ 1:37pm

The hammersuit site seems to be down. Stop bumrushing it everyone. Or is it just my crappy connection at school?
Aeolus

Postby kiwi » Jun 5th, 2009 @ 10:55am

Wow, pretty cool news. It's great to see the amount of love in this community.

Although, there is one thing wrong with the first post. The hammer suit is the second best suit. Tanooki FTW.
kiwi

Postby Sokkratez » Jun 9th, 2009 @ 4:48am

Didn't notice this til now. Neato, though.
Sokkratez

Postby harrisbradley » Jun 10th, 2009 @ 9:06pm

Kick ass guys! Great news.
harrisbradley

Postby QuantumKilla » Jun 11th, 2009 @ 8:21am

Awesome news! Congrats, guys!
QuantumKilla

Forum Statistics