Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: True Blood

Postby ribkicker4 » Aug 15th, 2011 @ 9:52pm

The Queen of Louisiana, was villainous, but I wouldn't say an outright villain.
ribkicker4
User avatar
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Aug 13th, 2011 @ 4:49pm
Location: Near Madison, WI

Re: True Blood

Postby LiQuid » Aug 15th, 2011 @ 9:55pm

She wasn't a main character. She was a background character and a means to a story beat just like Jason's girlfriend. Jessica isn't a plot device. She's one of the main, central characters of the show and currently the only reason other than Sookie's occasional tits that men watch the show with their fat, nerdy girlfriends who only care about Eric's ass..
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: True Blood

Postby ribkicker4 » Aug 15th, 2011 @ 9:57pm

Do you consider Pam to be a main character? She hasn't died yet, but I'd bet money that she's going to be truly dead by the end of this season.

EDIT: I suppose she is more of a side character, but she is one of my favorite characters on the show.
ribkicker4
User avatar
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Aug 13th, 2011 @ 4:49pm
Location: Near Madison, WI

Re: True Blood

Postby LiQuid » Aug 15th, 2011 @ 10:00pm

1. I consider Pam a side character.

2. I'll bet you $10 right here right now that Pam never dies. She will see the series finale.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: True Blood

Postby LiQuid » Aug 15th, 2011 @ 10:02pm

You really need to consider popular opinion on this show. Pam has a serious, and I mean SERIOUS legion of fan followers. For only being a side/unimportant character, she is one of the most popular characters in the show. Tara on the other hand is almost universally reviled (ed: so I see her dying much, much more likely if a main character does eat it). Since this is a show that feeds on fanboys/fangirls, the show will not pull a Game of Thrones and start killing off popular characters for the sake of storytelling. Especially when they're storytelling is already fucking balls nutty and retarded in the first place. This isn't a show about dramatic heft. There is no "art" in this show. This is a show that needs a fanbase and the second they kill off a popular character they are going to lose a large portion of that.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: True Blood

Postby ribkicker4 » Aug 15th, 2011 @ 10:09pm

LiQuid wrote:2. I'll bet you $10 right here right now that Pam never dies. She will see the series finale.


Series finale? I'll take that bet. I'll see you in 5 years to give you $10.

I only recently started watching True Blood (watched the entire series when Game of Thrones was airing, then starting watching the newest season), so I haven't had much time to think about it, or talk with other people about it in real life or on forums, so I'll defer to your wisdom.

I'd still take that bet though. 8-)
ribkicker4
User avatar
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Aug 13th, 2011 @ 4:49pm
Location: Near Madison, WI

Re: True Blood

Postby LiQuid » Aug 15th, 2011 @ 10:37pm

Haha, I doubt it will be 5 years. I can't think of an HBO show that has gone over 7 seasons. I'd love for TB to set that precedent though since it's the most hilarious show on television.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: True Blood

Postby ribkicker4 » Aug 21st, 2011 @ 9:20pm

Huh. Anyone else think that last episode was really disjointed? I got off of work late, so I only caught about half of the episode, but my sister filled me in on the rest.

Spoiler: show
A couple things.
1. Mavis telling Terry and Arlene her name. Next scene is all of them digging up some bodies. (that's where I came in)

2. Sookie not drinking Bill's blood, "She's not drinking it," to Sookie all of a sudden drinking the blood.

3. Debbie found out that Alcide lied to her about not helping Sookie. There seems to be no consequences for that, and then Debbie goes off to help Sookie...

Again, I only saw about half the episode, but it just seems kind of weird.
ribkicker4
User avatar
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Aug 13th, 2011 @ 4:49pm
Location: Near Madison, WI

Re: True Blood

Postby kenzo » Aug 22nd, 2011 @ 12:48am

ribkicker4 wrote:Huh. Anyone else think that last episode was really disjointed?
This is True Blood you're talking about, right? The whole show is disjointed. You should be used to this by now.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: True Blood

Postby LiQuid » Aug 22nd, 2011 @ 1:37am

ribkicker4 wrote:A couple things.
1. Mavis telling Terry and Arlene her name. Next scene is all of them digging up some bodies. (that's where I came in)

2. Sookie not drinking Bill's blood, "She's not drinking it," to Sookie all of a sudden drinking the blood.

3. Debbie found out that Alcide lied to her about not helping Sookie. There seems to be no consequences for that, and then Debbie goes off to help Sookie...

Again, I only saw about half the episode, but it just seems kind of weird

1. Not quite sure what you're getting at. Lafayette's Mexican boyfriend showed up and exorcised him (Lafayette calling her bitch was hilarious)

2. Still not quite sure what you're getting at here. Sookie's a fucking whore. All the female protagonists in this nerd fiction are fucking cum/blood guzzling sluts. This is fact.

3. Debbie was just faking out Sookie IIRC. I think she might have been trying to pull a fast one on her, especially since she knows she could read minds and stuff. She has ulterior movies. Pointless anyways since the entire Alcide/Debbie/Werewolf storyline is useless.

In other news: Saw this is the preview for next week's episode and I literally almost peed my pants with glee.

Image
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: True Blood

Postby ribkicker4 » Aug 22nd, 2011 @ 9:36am

LiQuid wrote:
ribkicker4 wrote:A couple things.
1. Mavis telling Terry and Arlene her name. Next scene is all of them digging up some bodies. (that's where I came in)

2. Sookie not drinking Bill's blood, "She's not drinking it," to Sookie all of a sudden drinking the blood.

3. Debbie found out that Alcide lied to her about not helping Sookie. There seems to be no consequences for that, and then Debbie goes off to help Sookie...

Again, I only saw about half the episode, but it just seems kind of weird

1. Not quite sure what you're getting at. Lafayette's Mexican boyfriend showed up and exorcised him (Lafayette calling her bitch was hilarious)

2. Still not quite sure what you're getting at here. Sookie's a fucking whore. All the female protagonists in this nerd fiction are fucking cum/blood guzzling sluts. This is fact.

3. Debbie was just faking out Sookie IIRC. I think she might have been trying to pull a fast one on her, especially since she knows she could read minds and stuff. She has ulterior movies. Pointless anyways since the entire Alcide/Debbie/Werewolf storyline is useless.


1. Why would they just out of the blue believe that he is possessed... to the point where they start digging a huge hole to find some skeletons. I'd be like, "What the fuck? Get back on your pills Lafayette." At some point does Jesus explain and somehow prove that Lafayette is possessed?

2. Okay. It just seemed odd. Like the teaser for this episode from last week was all like:
Bill: She's not drinking the blood!
Queue next scene: She's drinking the blood.

3. Yeah, good point.

Also. Jessica is fucking so sexy. At the end of the episode... Damn.
ribkicker4
User avatar
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Aug 13th, 2011 @ 4:49pm
Location: Near Madison, WI

Re: True Blood

Postby LiQuid » Aug 22nd, 2011 @ 9:53am

1. It's a show with fucking werepanthers and necromancers dude. You need to get the fuck over it. :lol:
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: True Blood

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 22nd, 2011 @ 4:52pm

Shouldn't Sam be able to take on an entire pack of werewolves by himself? He could turn into a t-rex or something and just mess them up.
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: True Blood

Postby kenzo » Aug 22nd, 2011 @ 5:02pm

Mr_eX wrote:Shouldn't Sam be able to take on an entire pack of werewolves by himself? He could turn into a t-rex or something and just mess them up.
He only turns into shit he's touched, right? How's he supposed to find a live T-Rex to copy?
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: True Blood

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 22nd, 2011 @ 5:16pm

kenzo wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:Shouldn't Sam be able to take on an entire pack of werewolves by himself? He could turn into a t-rex or something and just mess them up.
He only turns into shit he's touched, right? How's he supposed to find a live T-Rex to copy?


You sure it has to be alive?
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: True Blood

Postby LiQuid » Aug 22nd, 2011 @ 5:46pm

I'm pretty sure it's just anything he has seen, though I'm sure there's some criteria on having to have seen it alive or something so he knows how it moves and stuff.

Again, though, this is a show with werepanthers and sorcery. You guys need to chill.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: True Blood

Postby kenzo » Aug 22nd, 2011 @ 6:04pm

LiQuid wrote:Again, though, this is a show with werepanthers and sorcery. You guys need to chill.
That's what I told the guy way back.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: True Blood

Postby ribkicker4 » Aug 22nd, 2011 @ 8:34pm

LiQuid wrote:1. It's a show with fucking werepanthers and necromancers dude. You need to get the fuck over it. :lol:


I demand a logical sequence of events, damn it!
ribkicker4
User avatar
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Aug 13th, 2011 @ 4:49pm
Location: Near Madison, WI

Re: True Blood

Postby LiQuid » Aug 22nd, 2011 @ 8:41pm

Logical sequence of events:

1. Werepanthers
2. Magic spells
3. :lol:
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: True Blood

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 22nd, 2011 @ 9:38pm

LiQuid wrote:Again, though, this is a show with werepanthers and sorcery. You guys need to chill.


T-REX
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: True Blood

Postby LiQuid » Aug 29th, 2011 @ 1:06am

Kinda sad that burning troll man was just Jesus, but if anybody still doubts that this is the best show in the history of television they need to do themselves a favor and line up to burn in hell. Eric, Bill, Pam and Jess final shot with the RPG ready to ruin lives was the best god damned thing I've ever seen in my life.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: True Blood

Postby kenzo » Aug 29th, 2011 @ 1:29am

LiQuid wrote:Eric, Bill, Pam and Jess final shot with the RPG ready to ruin lives was the best god damned thing I've ever seen in my life.
That was pretty good. And I was laughing pretty hard at the electric-punk at the end. *WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WAAB*
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: True Blood

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 29th, 2011 @ 6:21am



:lol:
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: True Blood

Postby LiQuid » Aug 29th, 2011 @ 8:51am

Mr_eX wrote: :lol:

Haha, it's so so so so so bad!!!
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: True Blood

Postby AnalTyrant » Sep 3rd, 2011 @ 9:52pm

Ever since the second season I've felt that I would enjoy a spin-off of Lafayette, Eric and Jason (with the occasional Sam cameo) way more than any of this weak-ass Sookie stuff. The fact that we're like halfway through the 4th season and she still can't really control the magic stuff that shoots from her hands? She's pretty much useless other than messing up things for everyone else to keep the stories going.
PSN - DeadBabyMurderer
Steam - jcmason1986
AnalTyrant
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 3:22am

Re: True Blood

Postby LiQuid » Sep 3rd, 2011 @ 10:28pm

Nah bitch, fuck all that. Godric and Eric are the most prime spinoffable. Godric alone would be the best show of all time.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: True Blood

Postby kenzo » Sep 4th, 2011 @ 3:18am

AnalTyrant wrote:Ever since the second season I've felt that I would enjoy a spin-off of Lafayette, Eric and Jason
And suddenly, your screen name makes perfect sense. :lol:
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: True Blood

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 5th, 2011 @ 9:27pm

Image
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: True Blood

Postby LiQuid » Sep 5th, 2011 @ 11:35pm

How is the finale going to top that? Is it even possible?
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: True Blood

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 6th, 2011 @ 6:27am

Can't be done.
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Options

Return to TV and Movies

cron