Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: The Comic Conspiracy Podcast Discussion Thread

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 23rd, 2014 @ 6:58am

I will now make up questions and attribute them to you.
CrossXhunteR

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 23rd, 2014 @ 7:06am

Good to see that Ryan's message of hate towards Beware the Batman was not able to indoctrinate Omar.
CrossXhunteR

Postby kenzo » Sep 23rd, 2014 @ 9:56am

LiQuid wrote:Would you guys please stop reading Cross's fucking questions?
1) I'm pretty sure enough guys on the podcast love Korra enough that they'd talk about it regardless of Cross's promptings.
2) You should ask some questions then, man. I get the distinct feeling that Cross (and the same three other guys) gets his questions answered every week because nobody else is asking questions.

CrossXhunteR wrote:Good to see that Ryan's message of hate towards Beware the Batman was not able to indoctrinate Omar.
That's because Omar is the best!

They seriously should have titled that show "Batman and the Outsiders" because it would have been a better and more accurate descriptive title, plus dingleberries like Higgins would have maybe given it a chance.
kenzo

Postby darfox8 » Sep 23rd, 2014 @ 10:02am

The two or three times they've answered my questions has been when I've sent them in. So send them in and get them answered.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby LiQuid » Sep 23rd, 2014 @ 10:17am

Sucks that Omar is leaving. Hopefully he can get an air conditioner in Hawaii cause from listening to Dakazu bitching about his sweaty nuts every time we play Dota that place seems like a shithole.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 23rd, 2014 @ 10:18am

How would they answer your question if you didn't send it in? Are they able to read you mind?
CrossXhunteR

Postby kenzo » Sep 23rd, 2014 @ 1:30pm

LiQuid wrote:Sucks that Omar is leaving. Hopefully he can get an air conditioner in Hawaii cause from listening to Dakazu bitching about his sweaty nuts every time we play Dota that place seems like a shithole.
Hawaii is the best fuckin' place to visit and the worst fuckin' place to actually live there. Hot & humid most of the time, no seasons, rain that comes out of nowhere/hard to predict weather, expensive as shit to actually live there and very limited job opportunities, and some of the worst income disparities and issues with vagrants this side of Manhattan.
kenzo

Postby Master Higgins » Sep 23rd, 2014 @ 4:47pm

kenzo wrote:
LiQuid wrote:Would you guys please stop reading Cross's fucking questions?
1) I'm pretty sure enough guys on the podcast love Korra enough that they'd talk about it regardless of Cross's promptings.
2) You should ask some questions then, man. I get the distinct feeling that Cross (and the same three other guys) gets his questions answered every week because nobody else is asking questions.
[/quote]

Yeah, on these very small news weeks, we turn mostly to listener questions. I ask for them at 6pm PST on Mondays on twitter, send something over, or email, and we'll gladly read them.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Sep 29th, 2014 @ 9:48pm

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE: The Comic Conspiracy — Episode 177 (2014-09-29)
This week, we discuss the 2014 DC Comics Retailer Roadshow, Long Beach Comic Con, con burn out, Agents of SHIELD Season 2 premiere, Gotham premiere, and the Comic Conspiracy Book Club Pick of the Month, Weapon X. Starring Ryan Higgins, Omar Brodrick, Brock Sager, and Toby Sidler.
Running Time: 1h 21m 08s
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 30th, 2014 @ 5:13am

How can Omar be so right about Beware the Batman, yet so wrong about Arrow? Blowing my mind over here.
CrossXhunteR

Postby kenzo » Sep 30th, 2014 @ 10:16am

CrossXhunteR wrote:How can Omar be so right about Beware the Batman, yet so wrong about Arrow? Blowing my mind over here.
Omar is right about most things, with his penchant for homophobia being an exception.

What I don't get is how nobody else can watch Beware the Batman on this podcast. Same guys suffered through Green Lantern TAS's first few episodes and found the greatness within. I don't know how they can't do the same with Batman. Especially since this show is so amazing. They really should have named it Batman and the Outsiders, and had Oracle in there episode 1 so these ADHD mouth breathers wouldn't have been scared away by a little bit of tone-setting and world-building in the beginning.
kenzo

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 30th, 2014 @ 10:27am

I don't remember if Brock watched GL:TAS, but I bet he would really like Beware the Batman. Don't know if he expressed opinions on it wither way, but Higgins' overwhelming dislike for it stifles opinions and conversations.
CrossXhunteR

Postby comicsanddakine » Sep 30th, 2014 @ 12:36pm

kenzo wrote:
CrossXhunteR wrote:How can Omar be so right about Beware the Batman, yet so wrong about Arrow? Blowing my mind over here.
Omar is right about most things, with his penchant for homophobia being an exception.

What I don't get is how nobody else can watch Beware the Batman on this podcast. Same guys suffered through Green Lantern TAS's first few episodes and found the greatness within. I don't know how they can't do the same with Batman. Especially since this show is so amazing. They really should have named it Batman and the Outsiders, and had Oracle in there episode 1 so these ADHD mouth breathers wouldn't have been scared away by a little bit of tone-setting and world-building in the beginning.

Batman and the Outsiders woulda been cool, but I like that we get surprised by having Metamorpho and Katana dealing the dirty to baddies without really labeling it. Just like how nobody calls Arrow a live-action Yaoi but we all know that it is
comicsanddakine

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 30th, 2014 @ 12:41pm

Yup, dudes making out all the time in Arrow. It's not like Oliver Queen is the Dick Grayson of his own show, running a hatchery with all the chicks he's got. Nope, totally Yaoi.
I have to wonder if you turn on the right channel when you tried to watch Arrow, or if you "accidentally" went to some pay-per0view instead.
CrossXhunteR

Postby comicsanddakine » Sep 30th, 2014 @ 12:45pm

CrossXhunteR wrote:Yup, dudes making out all the time in Arrow. It's not like Oliver Queen is the Dick Grayson of his own show, running a hatchery with all the chicks he's got. Nope, totally Yaoi.
I have to wonder if you turn on the right channel when you tried to watch Arrow, or if you "accidentally" went to some pay-per0view instead.

hahaha! true maybe I just fall asleep during Cinemax After Dark thinking how much better if Arrow was not on CW...on another note have you watched that Nightwing fan series yet?! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o297A1w ... e=youtu.be
comicsanddakine

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 30th, 2014 @ 12:55pm

You should get together with Ryan Scott so you can both spew your unfounded hate for the CW together.
I watched most of the first Nightwing episode during my lunch break today, but got bored with it. Took too long to get to Nightwing, and when it did, it didn't seem very good. It looks like a webseries, and not even the best at that. Don't know if it was the cameras or just the way things were shot, but something seemed off about it. Deathstroke was alright, but Arrow did it first and better. Why he got a P90? He ain't doing workouts. The coloured contacts to get try and get the "white-eye" domino mask effect seemed like a neat idea, but I feel like it didn't go far enough. CG that or something. The Wintergreen interrogation was lame. The guy playing Dick was alright, but nothing spectacular. The Greg Miller cameo on the news was a bit much, with the whole, "Where is the Justice League?" thing taking too long. Also, why were there essentially good guy mooks for Deathstroke to take down at the hotel? Fighting mooks is for the good guys. Didn't like the pacing or the representation of the characters. Honestly, if it wasn't DC, would anybody care about this?
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Sep 30th, 2014 @ 1:08pm

I don't understand how you and Ryan Scott thing the show is some corny teen drama just because it's on WB. There's almost none of that shit in there. It's mostly contained to Ollie's little sister and Roy, who goes from being an emoteen to rageaholic badass in the span of season 2. The show's incredible. Aside from abs-pandering to teen girls (which I can appreciate as a man who wishes he had a "WB physique") nothing about Arrow feels like what I think of as a sterotypical WB show. The only thing I could see turning people off is the cheesy, young adult acting, and some of the side characters are way worse than others (I'm looking at you Huntress) but that hokey acting is no worse than the hokey writing featured in 99.99999999% of American comics. You just deal with that shit to watch all the crazy comic book shit and Ollie shooting trick arrows every episode. Arrow is like the perfect comic book show. No stupid, pretentious premise like Gotham. Just hour after hour of crazy dumb nonsense, good to great stunty action and insane "oh shit!" moments and cliffhangers galore.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 30th, 2014 @ 2:08pm

Liquid even likes it. If it can pierce his cold, black heart, it must be at least decent.
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Sep 30th, 2014 @ 2:10pm

I literally fucking hate everything.
LiQuid

Postby comicsanddakine » Sep 30th, 2014 @ 3:10pm

LiQuid wrote:I don't understand how you and Ryan Scott thing the show is some corny teen drama just because it's on WB. There's almost none of that shit in there. It's mostly contained to Ollie's little sister and Roy, who goes from being an emoteen to rageaholic badass in the span of season 2. The show's incredible. Aside from abs-pandering to teen girls (which I can appreciate as a man who wishes he had a "WB physique") nothing about Arrow feels like what I think of as a sterotypical WB show. The only thing I could see turning people off is the cheesy, young adult acting, and some of the side characters are way worse than others (I'm looking at you Huntress) but that hokey acting is no worse than the hokey writing featured in 99.99999999% of American comics. You just deal with that shit to watch all the crazy comic book shit and Ollie shooting trick arrows every episode. Arrow is like the perfect comic book show. No stupid, pretentious premise like Gotham. Just hour after hour of crazy dumb nonsense, good to great stunty action and insane "oh shit!" moments and cliffhangers galore.

I gave the show a chance, by watching like half of season 1 and 2. I hated all the derpy flashback scenes to the island, I hate everything about Oliver's mommy issues, I hate that there wasn't more steamy lady ninja on lady ninja "fight" sequences...and the acting/script is just crap. See Liq!! I hate things too =) Oh and yes, I agree that Gotham will probably be crap too
comicsanddakine

Postby LiQuid » Sep 30th, 2014 @ 3:21pm

Dude, the flashbacks turn into some of the best parts of the show, Deathstroke murders Ollie's mom and River Tam becomes Ravager and fights the fucking League of Assassins... I dunno how much you've seen of the show from a vague "half of season 1 and 2" but it's a full, 26 episodes per season kinda show and can't blow its load. You gotta wait for it to build up then you get shit like this:

You jerks could not be more wrong about a thing. If you like comics and don't watch Arrow you're fuckin up bro.
LiQuid

Postby comicsanddakine » Sep 30th, 2014 @ 3:29pm

LiQuid wrote:Dude, the flashbacks turn into some of the best parts of the show, Deathstroke murders Ollie's mom and River Tam becomes Ravager and fights the fucking League of Assassins... I dunno how much you've seen of the show from a vague "half of season 1 and 2" but it's a full, 26 episodes per season kinda show and can't blow its load. You gotta wait for it to build up then you get shit like this:

You jerks could not be more wrong about a thing. If you like comics and don't watch Arrow you're fuckin up bro.

looks like you are right about me missing all that cos I had no idea Ravager was introduced. hmm...maybe I will power thru the 20 episodes that I missed
comicsanddakine

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 30th, 2014 @ 3:33pm

CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Sep 30th, 2014 @ 3:36pm

I think we won Cross. Fuck tha h8rs.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Sep 30th, 2014 @ 5:20pm

Arrow has freaking Crixis. I've all but sworn off all shitty but Arrow is like an oasis of sanity and amazing in the sea of shitty TV that is American network/cable nonsense.
kenzo

Postby dakazu » Sep 30th, 2014 @ 7:57pm

dakazu

Postby Master Higgins » Oct 1st, 2014 @ 8:36am

Still the best scene :lol:
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby LiQuid » Oct 1st, 2014 @ 8:55am

Arrow has the B E S T gifs of any show.

B E S T gifs!
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Oct 1st, 2014 @ 12:28pm

Ryan Higgins you stupid motherfucker. Once again you refer to Frank Quitely as Frank Quietly. It really pisses me off. I want you to acknowledge that you're dumb and think about me chastising you every time you say that dude's stupid name to train yourself to say it correctly.
LiQuid

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics