Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

The Geekbox: Episode 89

Postby Rydog » Oct 27th, 2010 @ 10:31pm

This week, fellow former 1UPper Ray Barnholt joins us as we chat about BlizzCon (among other things).
Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 89

Postby Konanda » Oct 27th, 2010 @ 10:51pm

Ray Barnholt makes up for lack of Karen Chu.

Also now I'm curious what his username on the forums will be and title [I'm assuming like previous guests there will be a VIP account created] and if he'll ever post on here or be like Fitch and Jade with 0 posts.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby kenzo » Oct 27th, 2010 @ 11:07pm

Rydog wrote:Ray Barnholt
:o

I'm sufficiently impressed by the majesty bestowed upon this episode.
kenzo

Postby rentfn » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 3:45am

Come back Karen!!!!!
rentfn

Postby Lord Korax » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 3:48am

I kept thinking of this guy throughout your "stupid Blizzcon questions" discussion:

Lord Korax

Postby Mr_eX » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 6:19am

No Justin Haywald? :cry:
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Konanda » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 6:31am

Mr_eX wrote:No Justin Haywald? :cry:

Dude, Ray Barnholt is the guest this week that's awesome. How can you be sad?
Konanda

Postby Mr_eX » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 6:39am

Ray is awesome, I thought both Ray and Justin were going to be on this week.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Konanda » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 6:44am

Mr_eX wrote:Ray is awesome, I thought both Ray and Justin were going to be on this week.

Why, they usually don't do more than 4 people. Karen is gone so they have Ray on that's how it works man.
Konanda

Postby Mr_eX » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 6:50am

Last week I remember Justin saying he'd bring Ray with him. Also the podcast started with a five person cast.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby IRL_Troll » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 6:57am

Give Ray a permanent spot on Geekbox. Now. If he has to stay bound and gagged in Comics conspiracy so that he doesn't run away so be it, that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
Wildcard. Bitches
To stalk me: http://twitter.com/ElChristophe
To play with and stalk me via Steam: (ID) Jack Of All AIDS
IRL_Troll

Postby Konanda » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 7:01am

Mr_eX wrote:Last week I remember Justin saying he'd bring Ray with him. Also the podcast started with a five person cast.

Actually it was 6. It then went to 5 and fluctuated between 6 and 5 but it's been 4 pretty much ever since Greg Ford left and than Mike Cruz stopped coming or episode 47.

So the ship of 5 to 6 people regularly being on has sailed. Also so what if Justin's not on it's Ray man.
Konanda

Postby LiQuid » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 7:59am

Aside from "stupid Pokemons" sounds like a 2nd straight week full of shit I don't want to hear about. Fuck Blizzard. Fuck Warcraft. Fuck Starcraft. Fuck Diablo. Fuck whatever the hell else they do. I don't need them further crapping up my podcasts. It was bad enough when SC2 released and every god damned podcast on the planet wouldn't shut the fuck up about it for like two whole months... Now they have some shitty ass nerd convention and it's starting again. I say NAY!
LiQuid

Postby KindGalaxy » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 8:03am

LiQuid wrote:Aside from "stupid Pokemons" sounds like a 2nd straight week full of shit I don't want to hear about. Fuck Blizzard. Fuck Warcraft. Fuck Starcraft. Fuck Diablo. Fuck whatever the hell else they do. I don't need them further crapping up my podcasts. It was bad enough when SC2 released and every god damned podcast on the planet wouldn't shut the fuck up about it for like two whole months... Now they have some shitty ass nerd convention and it's starting again. I say NAY!

Get ready, new WoW is in just over a month.
Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy

Postby Rydog » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 9:15am

Konanda wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:Last week I remember Justin saying he'd bring Ray with him. Also the podcast started with a five person cast.

Actually it was 6. It then went to 5 and fluctuated between 6 and 5 but it's been 4 pretty much ever since Greg Ford left and than Mike Cruz stopped coming or episode 47.

So the ship of 5 to 6 people regularly being on has sailed. Also so what if Justin's not on it's Ray man.

Yeah, I settled on 4-5 as the sweet spot after we lost Mike. Though we've done 6 on occasion, I tend to feel like anything beyond 5 is a little too much. The current 4-person crew (with what usually amounts to a 5th rotating guest spot) is definitely deliberate, though it could conceivably go back to 5 regulars at some point, who knows. :)

And, Justin couldn't make it this week. I did try, though!
Ryan Scott
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Postby Mr_eX » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 9:25am

I think the WoW talk is done just to troll the listeners that don't play WoW.

Hopefully there is some TF2 talk next week because the Halloween update was released yesterday and after Halloween you won't be able to get the Halloween items . Ryan will actually have to play and not just sit in an item server because some of the stuff is tied to achievements.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Konanda » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 9:55am

Wow, was listening and after it being dropped that Ray isn't with 1up anymore I got to thinking just who is left at 1up who's opinions/musings that I really care about.

It's way less than what it used to be. Here it is: Jeremy, Scooter, Alice, Mike Nelson, Sam and Kat Bailey although she's freelance so I guess you really can't count that.

So like 5 people and a freelancer. Man 1up is looking grim these days.

Oh and also condolances to Richard as well. Awesome video editor and fighting game player. Also as much as I think some of the stuff Jade says is completely ridiculous I will miss hearing her on at1up.

Here's hoping all three of them (Ray, Richard and Jade) find something better quickly.
Konanda

Postby LiQuid » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 10:12am

What about Sharkey, you fucking heathen!
LiQuid

Postby Bobloblaw » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 10:17am

Mr_eX wrote:Hopefully there is some TF2 talk next week because the Halloween update was released yesterday and after Halloween you won't be able to get the Halloween items . Ryan will actually have to play and not just sit in an item server because some of the stuff is tied to achievements.

I doubt it. If we talk about it on the forum, the odds of it coming up in the podcast drop precipitously.
Bobloblaw

Postby Konanda » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 10:32am

LiQuid wrote:What about Sharkey, you fucking heathen!

Sharkey left two weeks ago. This is another set of layoffs. But yes condolances to Sharkey as well.
Konanda

Postby Mr_eX » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 10:47am

Bobloblaw wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:Hopefully there is some TF2 talk next week because the Halloween update was released yesterday and after Halloween you won't be able to get the Halloween items . Ryan will actually have to play and not just sit in an item server because some of the stuff is tied to achievements.

I doubt it. If we talk about it on the forum, the odds of it coming up in the podcast drop precipitously.

True
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Rydog » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 10:57am

Mr_eX wrote:
Bobloblaw wrote:

True

Adding this to my "stuff we can never talk about again" list, thanks!!
Ryan Scott
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Postby Master Higgins » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 10:57am

Lord Korax wrote:I kept thinking of this guy throughout your "stupid Blizzcon questions" discussion:

Dude, this guy is the fucking man.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Konanda » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 11:01am

Master Higgins wrote:
Lord Korax wrote:I kept thinking of this guy throughout your "stupid Blizzcon questions" discussion:

Dude, this guy is the fucking man.

I'm trying to figure out if that guy was trolling the devs or if he is just really awkward. The part where he just walks off saying thank you once the dude sarcastically says we'll fix that leads me to believe the former.
Konanda

Postby compellinggameplay » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 11:03am

Sad I couldn't join in, but I'm excited that Ray finally made it on. And he lives relatively close to the comic shop, so hopefully he'll be able to drop in regularly!
compellinggameplay
Super Intern

Postby Konanda » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 11:05am

compellinggameplay wrote:Sad I couldn't join in, but I'm excited that Ray finally made it on. And he lives relatively close to the comic shop, so hopefully he'll be able to drop in regularly!

I think Ray was on once before I can't remember the episode though. Although I'm probably mistaken.
Konanda

Postby LiQuid » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 11:09am

No, not Sharkey!!! :((((((((((
LiQuid

Postby Konanda » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 11:13am

LiQuid wrote:No, not Sharkey!!! :((((((((((

Yep Sharkey got canned a little bit before Ray, Jade and Richard I think but ya it was all in the last week and a half or so.

1up quickly becoming a ghost yard run by freelancers from what it looks like.
Konanda

Postby rdb » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 11:44am

Konanda wrote:
compellinggameplay wrote:Sad I couldn't join in, but I'm excited that Ray finally made it on. And he lives relatively close to the comic shop, so hopefully he'll be able to drop in regularly!

I think Ray was on once before I can't remember the episode though. Although I'm probably mistaken.

Justin already forgot that I was on before, WITH HIM. His absence was probably why I didn't bring my A game. (just my A- game, HAHA CALLBACKS)
rdb
Full Hipster

Postby Konanda » Oct 28th, 2010 @ 11:56am

rdb wrote:
Konanda wrote:

Justin already forgot that I was on before, WITH HIM. His absence was probably why I didn't bring my A game. (just my A- game, HAHA CALLBACKS)

That's right it was an episode in the early 60s I want to say 62 or 3. You guys talked about videogame music and the possibility of a Dazzler movie.

Oh and that was the episode Master Higgins decided to get into Doctor Who as well I think.

Also welecome to the forums Ray! :D
Konanda

Next
Forum Statistics