Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby LiQuid » Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 4:12pm

100x100 is fine. Wide avatar just squish posts.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 4:49pm

I don't think the posts would be affected at all if the Hell Yeah I'm Online thing was gone
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby LiQuid » Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 6:45pm

Mr_eX wrote:I don't think the posts would be affected at all if the Hell Yeah I'm Online thing was gone

You see our avatars right now? Those are 100x100. Take that, and stick another identical one right next to it. It won't fit between the white line.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 7:28pm

Just tested it, 200 is a little too big, but 150 works.
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby flufflogic » Sep 25th, 2010 @ 11:57am

I'd prefer the provision for a signature image, capped by size both pixel- and file-wise, personally. Say, unanimated, 400x75. Allows for gamertag bars and such.
flufflogic
User avatar
 
Posts: 3313
Joined: Jan 29th, 2010 @ 6:26am
Location: The Northern Wastes of England

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby kenzo » Sep 25th, 2010 @ 12:42pm

flufflogic wrote:I'd prefer the provision for a signature image, capped by size both pixel- and file-wise, personally. Say, unanimated, 400x75. Allows for gamertag bars and such.
I thank the stars each and every day that there's no signature image on these forums. There's nothing worse than additional scrolling/loading because everyone has an annoying signature image that I don't really care to look at.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 25th, 2010 @ 1:00pm

kenzo wrote:
flufflogic wrote:I'd prefer the provision for a signature image, capped by size both pixel- and file-wise, personally. Say, unanimated, 400x75. Allows for gamertag bars and such.
I thank the stars each and every day that there's no signature image on these forums. There's nothing worse than additional scrolling/loading because everyone has an annoying signature image that I don't really care to look at.


I agree
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby Konanda » Sep 25th, 2010 @ 2:18pm

Mr_eX wrote:
kenzo wrote:
flufflogic wrote:I'd prefer the provision for a signature image, capped by size both pixel- and file-wise, personally. Say, unanimated, 400x75. Allows for gamertag bars and such.
I thank the stars each and every day that there's no signature image on these forums. There's nothing worse than additional scrolling/loading because everyone has an annoying signature image that I don't really care to look at.


I agree


Third. Although I'm with Mr_eX on slightly larger avatar images.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby lemon-fresh » Sep 27th, 2010 @ 3:17pm

Mr_eX wrote:
kenzo wrote:
flufflogic wrote:I'd prefer the provision for a signature image, capped by size both pixel- and file-wise, personally. Say, unanimated, 400x75. Allows for gamertag bars and such.
I thank the stars each and every day that there's no signature image on these forums. There's nothing worse than additional scrolling/loading because everyone has an annoying signature image that I don't really care to look at.


I agree


Yup.
lemon-fresh
User avatar
 
Posts: 3799
Joined: Apr 13th, 2009 @ 2:52pm
Location: Canada

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby kenzo » Sep 27th, 2010 @ 4:03pm

I don't think the images need to be that much bigger in size. I like that they aren't super obtrusive. But they do need to allow for larger data sizes - maybe double the current limit.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby lemon-fresh » Sep 27th, 2010 @ 4:53pm

^
This
lemon-fresh
User avatar
 
Posts: 3799
Joined: Apr 13th, 2009 @ 2:52pm
Location: Canada

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 27th, 2010 @ 7:50pm

kenzo wrote:I don't think the images need to be that much bigger in size. I like that they aren't super obtrusive. But they do need to allow for larger data sizes - maybe double the current limit.


I don't think there is a file size limit, it says its 24.41 kb but my avatar is 358 kb.
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby kenzo » Sep 27th, 2010 @ 9:04pm

Mr_eX wrote:
kenzo wrote:I don't think the images need to be that much bigger in size. I like that they aren't super obtrusive. But they do need to allow for larger data sizes - maybe double the current limit.
I don't think there is a file size limit, it says its 24.41 kb but my avatar is 358 kb.
Maybe the rules are just different for VIPs? I've definitely been hampered by file size in the past.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 28th, 2010 @ 12:44pm

Check the file size of everyones avatar, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to go over.
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby flufflogic » Sep 29th, 2010 @ 7:58am

Pretty damn sure mine is.
flufflogic
User avatar
 
Posts: 3313
Joined: Jan 29th, 2010 @ 6:26am
Location: The Northern Wastes of England

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby LiQuid » Nov 21st, 2010 @ 2:44am

Higgins. <3 needs to be an emoticon. I'm used to this one; you can steal this.

Image
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby flufflogic » Nov 21st, 2010 @ 6:21am

Seconded!
flufflogic
User avatar
 
Posts: 3313
Joined: Jan 29th, 2010 @ 6:26am
Location: The Northern Wastes of England

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby EvenDryke » Nov 27th, 2010 @ 1:48pm

WTB General discussion or "random." Would be cool.
EvenDryke
User avatar
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2010 @ 2:40pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby EvenDryke » Nov 27th, 2010 @ 1:50pm

Other Geekery doesn't count.
EvenDryke
User avatar
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2010 @ 2:40pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby LiQuid » Nov 27th, 2010 @ 2:42pm

Yes is does, since that's where our general discussion and "random" goes.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby IRL_Troll » Nov 27th, 2010 @ 3:20pm

Have you bothered to look through that forum? It gets pretty damned random
Wildcard. Bitches
To stalk me: http://twitter.com/ElChristophe
To play with and stalk me via Steam: (ID) Jack Of All AIDS
IRL_Troll
User avatar
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Dec 3rd, 2009 @ 11:55am
Location: Southwest MO

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby EvenDryke » Nov 27th, 2010 @ 3:57pm

No sir. It's still to specific.
EvenDryke
User avatar
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2010 @ 2:40pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby Konanda » Nov 27th, 2010 @ 4:01pm

EvenDryke wrote:No sir. It's still to specific.


Dude read some of the threads on there they are all over the place. In fact I'm going to create one right now called ITT: we talk about whatever in here.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby IRL_Troll » Nov 27th, 2010 @ 4:05pm

EvenDryke wrote:No sir. It's still to specific.


Do you need help getting the stick out of your ass? Oh, and TOO specific. Too specific. If you're going to be a random nazi, I will be a grammar nazi.
Wildcard. Bitches
To stalk me: http://twitter.com/ElChristophe
To play with and stalk me via Steam: (ID) Jack Of All AIDS
IRL_Troll
User avatar
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Dec 3rd, 2009 @ 11:55am
Location: Southwest MO

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby IRL_Troll » Nov 27th, 2010 @ 4:10pm

Oh, suggestion! Can we get a notifier that lets you know when you've become that guy that's hostile towards all newbs to the forum? Sure, this guy deserves most of it, but I feel I'm on a slippery slope between him, JJbro, and the dude who got butthurt over 15+ year old spoilers
Wildcard. Bitches
To stalk me: http://twitter.com/ElChristophe
To play with and stalk me via Steam: (ID) Jack Of All AIDS
IRL_Troll
User avatar
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Dec 3rd, 2009 @ 11:55am
Location: Southwest MO

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby EvenDryke » Nov 27th, 2010 @ 4:21pm

Konanda wrote:
EvenDryke wrote:No sir. It's still to specific.


Dude read some of the threads on there they are all over the place. In fact I'm going to create one right now called ITT: we talk about whatever in here.


Ah I see. I was thrown off by the "Wherein we discuss tabletop RPGs, board games, anime,
books, music, technology, and stupid Internet fads." I figured that meant it was just a thread for those things, so that they could be discussed without needing their own board.

So you can say whatever you want in there, as long as you don't break any rules?
EvenDryke
User avatar
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2010 @ 2:40pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby Konanda » Nov 27th, 2010 @ 4:37pm

EvenDryke wrote:
Konanda wrote:
EvenDryke wrote:No sir. It's still to specific.


Dude read some of the threads on there they are all over the place. In fact I'm going to create one right now called ITT: we talk about whatever in here.


Ah I see. I was thrown off by the "Wherein we discuss tabletop RPGs, board games, anime,
books, music, technology, and stupid Internet fads." I figured that meant it was just a thread for those things, so that they could be discussed without needing their own board.

So you can say whatever you want in there, as long as you don't break any rules?


Yep. You can put anything in there just stay away from the usual kind of frowned upon things. Like I'm pretty sure if you made a thread filled with porn or something Master Higgins would lock it pretty quickly.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby EvenDryke » Nov 27th, 2010 @ 4:38pm

Konanda wrote:
EvenDryke wrote:
Konanda wrote:
EvenDryke wrote:No sir. It's still to specific.


Dude read some of the threads on there they are all over the place. In fact I'm going to create one right now called ITT: we talk about whatever in here.


Ah I see. I was thrown off by the "Wherein we discuss tabletop RPGs, board games, anime,
books, music, technology, and stupid Internet fads." I figured that meant it was just a thread for those things, so that they could be discussed without needing their own board.

So you can say whatever you want in there, as long as you don't break any rules?


Yep. You can put anything in there just stay away from the usual kind of frowned upon things. Like I'm pretty sure if you made a thread filled with porn or something Master Higgins would lock it pretty quickly.


Gotcha. Thanks. :D
EvenDryke
User avatar
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2010 @ 2:40pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby Mr_eX » Jul 26th, 2011 @ 11:58am

Might be a good idea to give TF2 it's own section on the forums. The two game night threads have as many posts in them as the entire comics section.
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: Forum Suggestions - Post them here!

Postby kenzo » Jul 26th, 2011 @ 12:21pm

Mr_eX wrote:Might be a good idea to give TF2 it's own section on the forums. The two game night threads have as many posts in them as the entire comics section.
NO
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Options

Return to Site and Podcast Discussion

cron