Wherein we discuss sequential drawings, linked together by word balloons to form meaningful narratives.

Worst comic art

Postby LiQuid » May 24th, 2011 @ 10:17am

So I'm reading Messiah Complex and the New X-men segments have some of THE worst art I have ever seen in my entire life. I've been reading up on the penciller, Humberto Ramos and I'm honestly starting to wish death upon him (in that lovable fanboy way) his art is so bad. This is the same guy that turned Runaways from this (courtesy of Jo Chen) into whatever the fuck this is. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks this.

I'm all for stylized, cartoony art, but what in the fuck is this?!

This guy guy should be drawing for a Z-list webcomic or Mad Magazine, not premier comics.

So who do you guys hate?
LiQuid

Re: Worst comic art

Postby jinpei05 » May 24th, 2011 @ 10:36am

Humberto Ramos is a great artist, but his artwork is super stylized and needs to be paired with a particular writer or character that best suits his strengths. His work on Spectacular Spider-Man comes to mind.

Anyway, that's all moot. It's already been decided who's the worst comic artist is of all time: Rob Liefeld.

http://www.progressiveboink.com/archive/robliefeld.html
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby DarthChris4 » May 24th, 2011 @ 10:55am

I remember when I first saw that picture of Cap. Hee Hee he has boobies!
DarthChris4

Postby Master Higgins » May 24th, 2011 @ 11:34am

I used to really like Humberto Ramos and Chris Bachalo. Can't stand either of them, now. I find their artwork impossible to decipher what's going on.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby IRL_Troll » May 24th, 2011 @ 11:44am

There was a batman one shot last year with horrendous art. It had a bunch of kids in it. If I remembered the name of it, I'd post images, but alas
Wildcard. Bitches
To stalk me: http://twitter.com/ElChristophe
To play with and stalk me via Steam: (ID) Jack Of All AIDS
IRL_Troll

Postby LiQuid » May 24th, 2011 @ 11:47am

I wish it were easier to find examples of badness. Googling Chris Bachalo doesn't yield much like it does for Liefeld. Speaking of, I figured Rob was kind of a given for this thread so I didn't break him up, but that link Jin posted is one of the best of all time. Liefeld is one of the most iconic artists in comic book history, at least for my (our) generation. Like many, I'm sure, I grew up adoring almost everything the man shat out because I was a teenager and I didn't know any better. As the years ticked on though I've gone from loving him as a teen, to hating him as an adult, to kind of appreciating the charm of his badness (like I do so much badness). He's pretty much the American version of the guy that does all the recent Final Fantasy art now, Tetsuya Nomura. It's bad to the point of being intentionally so, but it panders really well to its audience.
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » May 24th, 2011 @ 12:02pm

The comments in that blog post just emphasize how bad he really is.

“You know what? I’m not drawing that other hand. Too tricky. Pfft what are you talking about? No one’s going to notice.”

He's like the anti-Jim Lee.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » May 24th, 2011 @ 12:08pm

Yeah the lengths he goes to in order to hide extremities is easily the most hilarious aspect of Liefeld. :lol:
LiQuid

Postby MidoriFox » May 25th, 2011 @ 1:02am

jinpei05 wrote:Humberto Ramos is a great artist, but his artwork is super stylized and needs to be paired with a particular writer or character that best suits his strengths. His work on Spectacular Spider-Man comes to mind.

Anyway, that's all moot. It's already been decided who's the worst comic artist is of all time: Rob Liefeld.

http://www.progressiveboink.com/archive/robliefeld.html

He got paid for this! Theres no proportion. If you look at the front of his body and the back its physically impossible for him to be built like that. And somehow the front of his
upper body is in almost a 3/4 view even though his back is strait and he is clearly standing in profile. Im not familiar with how captain America holds his shield but his arm and shield are soooo wrong.

I google imaged his work. I think his art training was staring at muscle magazines and tracing them. :lol:
"Its milk and egg, bitch"
MidoriFox

Postby ReturnOfTheOgre » May 25th, 2011 @ 10:38am

I think Greg Land deserves a mention in this thread. Oh, he's a totally competent storyteller, but read enough comics with his art long enough, and you see things repeated. I'm not going to go out and find examples, because y'know, Google, but it's totally obvious he's a lightbox artist. It'd be different if he was someone like Tony Moore, who's actually tracing photographs he took, or even admitted it, but he's been caught not only recycling images but tracing other artists' work. I think he's still on major books like X-Men because his style is quasi-realistic and probably gets it done faster. It's the equivalent of sprite edits and palette swaps.
ReturnOfTheOgre

Postby Master Higgins » May 25th, 2011 @ 11:29am

I literally just got this e-mail...

I was looking for my two favorite artists Humberto Ramos and Chris Bachalo and saw that they did two recent volumes of X-Men together.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby LiQuid » May 25th, 2011 @ 12:58pm

Sounds like a forum lurker trolling you. I was mentioning that I couldn't Google Chris Bachalo to see examples of his work before. Turns out I didn't need to as he did the next chapter of Messiah Complex I need to read. I leafed through some of the pages and it's definitely not a style I prefer but it's Rembrandt compared to Ramos' junk.
LiQuid

Postby Norman Osborn » May 27th, 2011 @ 7:34am

Rob Liefeld has got to be the most popular artist who doesn't deserve it. When he created Cable and kicked ass on New Mutants he really couldn't go wrong. His style, and awesome blue jean commercial, had never been scene before. Just like any artist, over time, your style should improve and trump itself over time. Rob decided to let his ego and reputation come before as he bacame sloppy. Hell, he even got booted or quit Image.

Robert Kirkman, my favorite writer, is on a mission to save Rob Liefeld. They are coming out with a book together. I read everything Kirkman and this might be the first time that I could be upset with his book. It just seems that Kirkman is trying to save Liefeld. There is no saving that art when there is no repetition. Have you ever noticed that Cable would have 3 grenades on his utility belt and then the very next panel there would be only 2 and have a totally different design.
Simply Norman...
Norman Osborn

Postby kenzo » May 27th, 2011 @ 12:48pm

It's not really comic art, but I rewatched some of the 90s X-Men cartoon, and good god, that is some funky artwork.

Look at those abs! :lol:
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » May 27th, 2011 @ 2:55pm

It's totally awesome. Sabretooth is too hardcore for a sixpack. He rolls with a twelver, minimum.

Also, did you see my post in the talk about whatever thread? I'm in the middle of the 90s X-men show too. 3 episodes into season 2. Aside from the silly, early 90's art (and face it guys, SO much art from that era is retarded, it's not just Liefeld), I think the quality of the show holds up really well compared to some of my other favorites from the era.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » May 27th, 2011 @ 3:05pm

LiQuid wrote:It's totally awesome. Sabretooth is too hardcore for a sixpack. He rolls with a twelver, minimum.
It's not just that, but how his abs are even formed. It's like someone has never even seen human abdominal muscles before. Why is it larger on the top than the bottom? It looks less like he has abs, and more like he has segmented pecs. :lol:

LiQuid wrote:Also, did you see my post in the talk about whatever thread? I'm in the middle of the 90s X-men show too. 3 episodes into season 2. Aside from the silly, early 90's art (and face it guys, SO much art from that era is retarded, it's not just Liefeld), I think the quality of the show holds up really well compared to some of my other favorites from the era.
It's pretty good for an American cartoon. This blows some of the Disney shit from that era out of the water. But I spent more time laughing at how wonky the characters moved/acted than anything else. I'm not that good at drawing and I'm pretty confident I could do a better job drawing/directing the art/scenes. I'm told though that the later seasons have a notable improvement to the animation quality though.
kenzo

Postby jinpei05 » May 27th, 2011 @ 4:21pm

Fox Kids X-Men was pretty good until they decided to make Wolverine a born again Christian.

I'm not making that shit up. That really fucking happened.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » May 27th, 2011 @ 6:44pm

jinpei05 wrote:Fox Kids X-Men was pretty good until they decided to make Wolverine a born again Christian.

I'm not making that shit up. That really fucking happened.

I'm not even that far yet but Season 2 Wolverine is muy shittay as well. He's so emo for Morph it's not even funny (He's the only one who ever made me LAUGH!). I really like the kid friendly adaptations of some of the more popular arcs from that era, but there are certain aspects of that show that just make me scratch noggin.

Born again christian is about as hilarious as a character can get in my mind and the fact that it's my least favorite X-man pretty much ever just seals the deal. I can't wait to see that.
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » May 27th, 2011 @ 7:20pm

I have to give credit to Fox Kids X-Men for incorporating the best classic stories, but the character/art designs and sub-par voice acting really killed it for me.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » May 28th, 2011 @ 1:34pm

Master Higgins wrote:I used to really like Humberto Ramos and Chris Bachalo. Can't stand either of them, now. I find their artwork impossible to decipher what's going on.

God, so much this. I just read Bachalo's first chapter in Messiah Complex and I don't have a damned clue what just happened. His panels are so busy and nonsensical they are impossible to follow.
LiQuid

Postby Fade2Black » Apr 27th, 2013 @ 4:55am

I wasn't sure where to file this but since the first video features Rob Liefeld confessing he's had no formal art training, this thread is as good as any.
Late 90s:

2013:

I'll be honest, I have never heard of Chris Giarrusso or his G-MAN comic, but I got to give him marketing props.
Fade2Black

Postby kenzo » May 29th, 2013 @ 9:18am

GL#21:
Spoiler: show

RIP Green Lantern
kenzo

Postby juventuz » Jun 7th, 2013 @ 7:48pm

Fade2Black wrote:
2013:

I'll be honest, I have never heard of Chris Giarrusso or his G-MAN comic, but I got to give him marketing props.

Giarrusso used to work at the local comic shop I frequented. Always was a nice guy.
juventuz

Worst comic art

Postby AgreeroSen » Sep 6th, 2017 @ 6:16am

I am was looking over the rebirth releases, and Jessica Cruz caught my eye as an interesting character. Is the Green Latern comic with her and Baz worth reading?
AgreeroSen

WAV Conversion CDA

Postby frurninge » Sep 26th, 2017 @ 1:13pm

Convertir une vidéo en une animation gif gratuiement ce convertisseur vidéo en gif est un logiciel de création gif qui peut créer un gif avec des fichiers vidéo populaires tels que mp4 avi mov wmv flv m4v and so forth.. Ce convertisseur gif gratuit vous permet d'ajuster les réglages de qualité de ce fait vous pouvez obtenir des fichiers gif de différentes qualités , En outre ce générateur gif peut vous aider à créer des gif n'importe où et à tout second sans limitation de temps / Vous pouvez également faire un gif avec les films téléchargés. Free cda to mp3 converter click on to learn: cda file to mp3 freeware write constructing convert from cda to mp3 online cda en wav ripper free put Information which accommodates id3v1 + ape2 tags (but tag data was not in each, ie artist simply id3v1, then artist was not being read) Knowledge was being misplaced converting small size samples 750ms from 11KHz to 44KHz with wave CD Enter ]] options: couldn't change Rip to path, or File Arrangement on first try, also Rip to Path restricted characters might kind.
L'uniformisation s'effectue à la fréquence d'échantillonnage du fichier source. Gravez votre collection musicale pour pouvoir l'écouter dans une voiture, grâce à un changeur de CD ou un lecteur CD moveable sans dépenser un sou ! Parmi les plus que l'on peut demander à un logiciel d'extraction (à un ripper), il y a l'possibility CDDB (Compact Disc Data convertisseur cda à wav Base) ou Freedb (Free Data Base), la possibilité de régler la vitesse d'extraction et la possibilité de normaliser le niveau sonore. Vous pouvez convertir simultanément les multiples fichiers avec la conversion par lots proposée par Xilisoft Converisseur Audio.
En conséquence, ni le site ni ses membres ne pourront être tenus pour responsables de vos actions et de leurs éventuelles conséquences juridiques ou non. Explication de vote au nom de la délégation du CDA au Parlement européen concernant le rapport Cappato sur l'accès aux paperwork cda à wav. Sinon vous pouvez ouvrir ce fichier ASX et coller l'adresse de sort mms:// dans Winamp.
frurninge

Any Audio Converter

Postby JedembageSed » Sep 28th, 2017 @ 2:13pm

Sound Normalizer améliore et restaure la qualité sonore des fichiers Mp3, Mp4, Ogg, FLAC, APE, AAC et Wav (PCM eight, 16, 24, 32 bits, DSP, GSM, IMA ADPCM, MS ADPCM, AC3, MP3, MP2, OGG, A-LAW, u-REGULATION). Pour arriver ici, rien de plus simple, les internautes souhaitant le meilleur de l'picture et son à prix discount ont recherché par exemple SMSL X3 participant wifi help WAV, APE (1-4), FLAC, AAC, MP3, WMA, and many others pour ecouteur hifi, enceinte, téléphone etc.(argent) Découvrez toute l'étendue de notre sélection chaine hello-fi pas cher !
L'choice de récupération des informations du CD avant la conversion du format CDA en MP3 permettant de les ajuster si nécessaire est un véritable soulagement lors des extractions de CD. L'interface du programme épurée, divers préréglages pour des functions variées et la facilité d'utilisation font du logiciel Audio Cleanic un programme essentiel du domaine audio.
A l'inverse de codecs tels que MP3 ou Vorbis, le FLAC n'enlève aucune data du flux audio. Néanmoins, je me permet de faire remarquer (et c'est confirmé par une ORL qui m'est proche) que les 20 à 20.000 Hz de plage de fréquences audibles est une utopie. Si la qualité qu'ils offrent reste sujette à maints débats, nous vous proposerons malgré tout un sort mp42flac de mesure goal, qui ne saurait à elle seule résumer l'expérience de l'écoute comparative.
Profils audio également: m4a (aac audio seulement), 3ga (aac audio seulement), Oga (flac-audio seulement) sont disponibles pour plus de commodité. On constate toutefois qu'en tant que consommateur, on aura intérêt à choisir plutôt des fichiers AAC ou WMA 192 Kbps plutôt que du MP3 320 Kbps et a fortiori du MP3 192 Kbps. Un CD-Audio converti dans ce format pèse entre 300 et 500 Mo. Le format FLAC peut contenir jusqu'à 8 mp4 à flac canaux et est compatible avec de très hautes définitions : 32 bits et 655 kHz.
En outre, le convertisseur audio vous aidera à diviser un fichier vidéo ou audio en plusieurs events en marquant le level de début et de fin. Remarque: La configuration requise se diffère en fonction de la model de Home windows 10/Windows eight.x/Windows 7 installée et augmente si Windows Aero est activé. Convertir VOB en différents formats vidéo, tels que MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV FLV, MP3, AAC, FLAC, HD et 3D format et beaucoup plus.
Il prend également en cost les préréglages pour les appareils comme iPhone 7, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5, Android, or other gadgets. Le convertisseur FLAC de Xilisoft vous offre une variété de formats de sortie: MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, CDA, OGG, APE, CUE, M4A, RA, RAM, AC3, MP2, AIFF, AU, MPA, SUN AU. Pour ce qui est de la conversionflac <->alac, j'aurai tendance à passer par l'étape intermédiaire, soit l'.aiff.
On mesure le gap en quantity d'informations et en puissance de calcul entre un fichier qualité CD et un fichier haute définition. En revanche certains réglages semblent fantaisistes d'un level de vue approach convertir mp4 en flac, notamment pour les qualités de conversion élevées. Plus le chiffre est faible, plus le fichier est compressé et de petite taille mais moins il est agréable à l'écoute.
L'Ogg Vorbis est par défaut à débit variable (VBR) et l'on peut choisir la qualité d'encodage (0-10). Lossless signifie sans perte en anglais, ce qui implique que le flux audio restitué est rigoureusement identique à l'unique. FLAC est un format ouvert ; ne nécessitant pas le paiement de redevances , il est bien supporté par de nombreux logiciels. J'utilise ce logiciel pour convertir mes fichiers AVI en MP4, la qualité de sortie est impeccable !
Chaque fois que vous voudrez ripper un CD en FLAC, une fois que vous aurez renseigné vos réglages (notamment sur la qualité du fichier FLAC). Consultez nos avis en ligne pour vous faire une idée précise et choisir le logiciel le plus approprié à vos attentes. Le choix d'un lecteur audio portable dépend principalement du type de fichiers audio que l'on souhaite lire, ainsi que du casque qu'on aimerait lui associer - et par extension de ses performances musicales.
JedembageSed

Worst comic art

Postby Bentjudges » Oct 12th, 2017 @ 4:50am

I really wish another writer would come in before 250 and clean up the current mess, but I really doubt thatll ever happen.
What if the new writer would make the comic even worse than Ians run before 250, but who knows.
Bentjudges

FLAC Audio Converter,Convert FLAC Files To MP3

Postby Boubonnoft » Oct 12th, 2017 @ 3:08pm

This guide additionally helps to transform video recordsdata to AIFF audio like convert MP4 to AIFF, convert AVI to AIFF, convert MKV to AIFF and etc. The minimal bitrate setting it's best to use for music is 160 kpbs though 256 kbps is probably to be most well-liked and in use on an iPod is unlikely to be distinguishable from WAV or AIFF (or Apple Lossless). I've converted thousands of FLAC recordsdata to a reduced format that could possibly be used with a portable music player, akin to an iPod Classic. You can compress Lossless audio formats corresponding to WAV, AIFF or FLAC to lossy formats resembling MP3 or OGG.
What FLAC loses in dimension it makes up in high quality, though it is seemingly that some will state they will tell the loss in high quality compared to the opposite formats. In regard to #2, I tried using iTunes to convert one among my ALAC albums to AIFF and it appeared to maintain the tags, however I believe that may be because the tag data is saved in the iTunes library/database files (and never in the AIFF file). I suppose the reason being merely that when the AIFF format handler for SoX was written in the early 1990s, ID3 did not even exist yet, and no one has added support afterwards both.
You can even set the FLAC to AIFF Converter to delete a source file after conversion and protect the the unique folder construction, when doing batch conversion. It's an ideal utility to have round on the Mac for converting audio files, and provided flac to aiff that it is free and fast, it is arduous to beat. As I understand, AIFF helps data 'chunks', considered one of which could be an ID3v2 tag (and one other chunk is the PCM music itself, and so forth), so tagging is supported in that means.
This FLAC converter is compatible with Mac OS X 10.zero to ac OS X 10.5. You possibly can obtain the matching VLC for Mac to your Mac on-line. All the free programs I've discovered (in addition to Bigasoft Audio Converter) just assume you want sixteen bit. AIFF is a uncooked format with flexibility to play on many file programs; larger file measurement thanALAC andFLAC as a consequence of is uncompressed (lossless) format. Free download flac to aiff converter the most effective FLAC to AAC Converter Mac version - iDealshare VideoGo ( for Mac , for Home windows ), set up and run it, the next interface will pop up. As the very best free audio converter, Free HD Video Converter Factory allows you not only to convert AIFF files to other audio formats, but in addition to convert any video/audio file to AIFF format.
FLAC will not play on Apple devices, nevertheless it works on many Samsung Galaxy smartphones, various AV receivers and almost every portable audio player made by iAudio. So, while we know the info are completely recoverable from FLAC recordsdata, there could also be a problem (as far as I see it now, with out having tried it yet) with real time playback.
Boubonnoft

How to convert my mp3 music to ac3 population

Postby Unabiessefs » Oct 15th, 2017 @ 7:02am

Important: Every audio converter program below is freeware. I haven't listed any shareware or trialware audio converters. Please let me know if one of them has started charging and I'll remove it. Run this converter after installing it in your computer. Click the Add Files button to load the APE audio that you want to convert. You can also import files with a simple drag-and-drop operation. Free mp3 to ac3 online download Read More Here: http://www.audio-transcoder.com/how-to-convert-mp3-files-to-ac3 along best mp3toac3 two
Unabiessefs

Kostenlose Free MP4 To MP3 Converter 1.0 Downloads

Postby HerSoocorn » Nov 1st, 2017 @ 4:49pm

Audio-Konverter In einigen Fällen können Sie jedoch mit anderen Arten von Audio-Dateien einschließlich ogg-Dateien am Ende sind ziemlich bekannt, die von einigen Telefonmodellen verwendet, die FLAC-Dateien und weniger Kompressionsformat für Audiodateien, WMA-Dateien Microsoft, wav, das Format mehr Qualität, sondern größer, AAC freier Form (nicht als MP3). Eigentlich selbstverständlich, ich wollte es aber dennoch erwähnen, da man vielleicht nicht immer alle Spuren eines Tracks und schnell mal die Drum-Spur isolieren will ohne die Software program zu wechseln. Vorteil bei verlustfreien Verfahren ist natürlich auch, dass jederzeit eine verlustbehaftete Konversion (z.B. MP3) erstellt werden kann, ohne dass Generationsverluste (Verschlechterung des Materials mp4 in wav konverter bei erneuter Konversion, „Kopie von der Kopie der Kopie…) zu befürchten sind, wie es etwa bei einer Wandlung von WMA zu MP3 zu erwarten wäre. Für Mac Benutzer, die von WMV in MP4, MOV MKV, 3GP, MPG auf Mac konvertieren möchten, die WMV auf iPod, iPhone, Sony PSP, Apple TELEVISION, iPod, BlackBerry, QuickTime wiedergeben wollen, Sie nur manche kinderleichte Schritten auf WMV Converter Mac. Der enthaltene Player von dem Free MP4 Converter bietet ihnen eine Vorschau auf das Video. Nutze wider Willen iTunes da ich aac Dateien (Hörbücher) bei Audible runterlade.
Microsoft Home windows Media Participant - Microsoft hat es seinem Media Participant auch ermöglicht, Dateien im M4A Format abzuspielen, sodass Home windows-Computer M4A-Dateien direkt abspielen können, ohne noch zusätzliche Codecs installieren zu müssen. Was ich gar nicht verstehe, da wir explizit vom Threadopener nach WAV, AIFF und Apple Lossless gefragt und dann wird ihm mp3 vorgeschlagen.
Hinweis: Um die höchste Videoqualität zu erhalten, unterstützt M4V Converter Mac nur die Konvertierung von iTunes-Movies mit 2X-Geschwindigkeit auf Mac OS X 10.12.2. Da sich hier weder Dateiendung noch Dateiname ändern, man aber die Ursprungsdateien nicht überschreiben will, wird hier zu dem Trick gegriffen, die Dateiendung „.mp3 zu entfernen und anschließend nicht nicht nur eine neue Endungmp3 angehängt wird, sondern zusätzlich auch noch der Dateiname um _medium erweitert wird. Aus diesem Grund werden in diesem Artikel einiger der High konvertiere mp4 zu wav Ten On-line YouTube zu WAV Konvertierer diskutiert und Methods, wie man YouTube-Movies einfach und schnell in WAV umwandeln kann, beschrieben werden. Erhalte eine E-Mail bei Veröffentlichung einer neuen Version von fre:ac - free audio converter. Mp3tag v2.76 — mit Unterstützung für das WAV Audio Format und kleineren Verbesserungen, Änderungen und Fehlerbehebungen.
Wenn das funktioniert, (danke k.-d. schmidt, meine welt ist wavelab/cubase) bitte hinterher als wav 24bit 48khz speichern, damit bist du verlustfrei raus. Der Free MP4 Converter konvertiert MP4 Movies, um bereit für auf tragbare Geräte wie iPod, Zune, PSP, iPhone, Xbox 360, Archos, Sony PS3, PDA, Creative Zen, und Handys wie Nokia N-Serie anzuwenden. Es gibt verbesserte Unterstützung für Video- und Audio-Dateien und Unterstützung für Formate wie unter anderem FLV, WAV, MP4, MP3 und MPEG. In diesem legt man zu erst fest, wo die umgewandelte Datei gespeichert werden, wie sie heißen und welche Dateiendung sie haben soll. Die App kann gleichzeitig verschiedene Dateien in einem Batch umwandeln und speichert diese dann in einem ZIP-Archiv, um das Herunterladen zu beschleunigen.
HerSoocorn

Next
Forum Statistics